Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby SNJ Ash » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Is he being pushed out of FGR ?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Is he being pushed out of FGR ?.


Probably more about his ambition. Big job that one, highly paid as well. This season has been a debacle for them though.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby camel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Noooooo......I thought he did a great job for us at the end of last season and he always felt like a good choice I'd Cooper did get the heave ho. I'd be sad to see him go, but happy to see him succeeding.
camel
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby TheFarmcotian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 pm

camel wrote:Noooooo......I thought he did a great job for us at the end of last season and he always felt like a good choice I'd Cooper did get the heave ho. I'd be sad to see him go, but happy to see him succeeding.



I need to see Weston S M play under Scott first. He will become a great manager - superb man management skills, good coach and excellent motivator. Good luck to him - could he take over from Cooper one day?
Time is but an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.
User avatar
TheFarmcotian
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:45 pm
Location: Hillesley

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Football is cut throat, Scott needs to bide his time. He is doing a great job at Weston and learning from the experience. Eastleigh and now Leicester show show how results driven the sport has become. Eastleigh needs someone with a pedigree though I suspect many would be wary of going there.

TheFarmcotian wrote:I need to see Weston S M play under Scott first. He will become a great manager - superb man management skills, good coach and excellent motivator. Good luck to him - could he take over from Cooper one day?


He will be the FGR manager one day, perhaps even after Cooper leaves. I can't see Eastleigh being the stepping stone he needs
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8248
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby montyc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:42 am

Pitchfork wrote:Football is cut throat, Scott needs to bide his time. He is doing a great job at Weston and learning from the experience. Eastleigh and now Leicester show show how results driven the sport has become. Eastleigh needs someone with a pedigree though I suspect many would be wary of going there.

TheFarmcotian wrote:I need to see Weston S M play under Scott first. He will become a great manager - superb man management skills, good coach and excellent motivator. Good luck to him - could he take over from Cooper one day?


He will be the FGR manager one day, perhaps even after Cooper leaves. I can't see Eastleigh being the stepping stone he needs

Agreed, football is cut-throat just ask the Italian "Tinkerman", hope our very own "Tinkerman" made a note of what Leicester City's bosses did. ;)
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
User avatar
montyc
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Scott's a very sensible man, I hope that he sees it as the poisoned chalice that it is.
User avatar
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:44 am

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Football is cut throat, Scott needs to bide his time. He is doing a great job at Weston and learning from the experience. Eastleigh and now Leicester show show how results driven the sport has become. Eastleigh needs someone with a pedigree though I suspect many would be wary of going there.

He will be the FGR manager one day, perhaps even after Cooper leaves. I can't see Eastleigh being the stepping stone he needs


Which leads me to another conspiracy theory. M/C was appointed in an "Advisory" capacity to Scott for the Wembley Final. I wonder if he tinkered with Scott's projected team selection? :idea:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
User avatar
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby camel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
Pitchfork wrote:Football is cut throat, Scott needs to bide his time. He is doing a great job at Weston and learning from the experience. Eastleigh and now Leicester show show how results driven the sport has become. Eastleigh needs someone with a pedigree though I suspect many would be wary of going there.

He will be the FGR manager one day, perhaps even after Cooper leaves. I can't see Eastleigh being the stepping stone he needs


Which leads me to another conspiracy theory. M/C was appointed in an "Advisory" capacity to Scott for the Wembley Final. I wonder if he tinkered with Scott's projected team selection? :idea:


He definitely did. I thought it at the time and I still think it now. I still think he made some poor decisions as well.
camel
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Martin Toms » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:49 pm

I very much doubt there is anything in this at all, just silly paper talk which happens when names come out of nowhere for different jobs.

Scott is a young coach who has managed the youth team and done a couple of very short caretaker roles with the first team. He hasn't even had a full season at Weston Super Mare yet so I'm sure the Chairman of Eastleigh will be looking for someone with greater managerial tools to handle the pressure of the Eastleigh job with a bigger budget than ours in their quest for football league status.

If Scott is to succeed he will need to prove his credentials at a lower level first, starting by ensuring Weston don't get relegated this season then building on that next season.
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:17 pm

camel wrote:He definitely did. I thought it at the time and I still think it now. I still think he made some poor decisions as well.


What I heard was Bartlett prepared and picked the team for the final, but after we were terrible in the first half MC offered some input, hence the switch to his preferred 3 at the back. That actually led to an improvement second half albeit not enough.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby cookiemonster » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
camel wrote:He definitely did. I thought it at the time and I still think it now. I still think he made some poor decisions as well.


What I heard was Bartlett prepared and picked the team for the final, but after we were terrible in the first half MC offered some input, hence the switch to his preferred 3 at the back. That actually led to an improvement second half albeit not enough.


I heard the same
User avatar
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby camel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 pm

I heard that he had influenced the starting xi.

Just shows different stories fly around. Like the one on Twitter last week suggesting our players were out drinking in Newcastle on the Friday. Some stories are clearly easier to decide how much truth is in it!

To be honest I think our biggest problem was the long injury list when it came to Wembley.
camel
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Tommo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:42 pm

camel wrote:
Just shows different stories fly around. Like the one on Twitter last week suggesting our players were out drinking in Newcastle on the Friday. Some stories are clearly easier to decide how much truth is in it!


We are surrounded by fake news these days.

camel wrote:To be honest I think our biggest problem was the long injury list when it came to Wembley.


And Grimsby players had more experience of Wembley were on a strong run of form whereas we were not.
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8478
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: Scott Bartlett in Eastleigh frame?

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 am

Would hate to see Scottie leave. He's done an unbelievably good job for FGR and is not far off being a fine manager in his own right. He's turned Weston around a treat.

A couple of lessons from Wembley:

1 When Grimsby reckoned they could not catch FGR or Robins, they focussed on being strong for the play-offs and rotated players to keep them fresh. If that is our position with 5 or 6 games to go, we have to have all our best players in peak form and adequately rested

2 Do not lose your 3 finest midfield players to injury in the run up to the final! That more than anything else gave the game to Grimsby. Sheer bad luck but we have better options this year
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm


Return to FGR Media, Reports, Stories & interviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.