REPORT: FGR 3 MACC 0

REPORT: FGR 3 MACC 0

Postby SNJ Ash » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:59 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: REPORT: FGR 3 MACC 0

Postby michael » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 pm

not there to see it for myself-but love the way the formation is described' in the article :

4-1-2-1-2

again-not there-but i constantly read about how teams need 'width'.

personal view is keep it central, and boxxxcks to this width stuff.

did fgr play 'narrow'.
3 goals scored by playing 'narrow'

to my mind-width is a myth
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:40 pm

4/10 for the ref is a bit harsh!
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SNJ Ash » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:30 pm

[quote="cookiemonster"]4/10 for the ref is a bit harsh![/quote

I was staggered he made six bookings and blew for 26 fouls! It was never that type of of game. Ethan got booked for a tackle!
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 pm

cookiemonster wrote:4/10 for the ref is a bit harsh!

He wasn't the worst ref we have seen at TNL, certainly better than the "look at me" specimen we had last week, but the game wasn't anywhere near as dirty as the card count suggested. He did overrule his assistant on the main stand side a couple of times over throw ins, where they had been called correctly by the flag wielder, on one occasion without even looking in his direction. To be fair, I don't really care what score the ref has been given, the only one that matters is the 3-0 result.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:28 pm

FGR and Macclesfield both have a reputation for good discipline, although Macc have had several red cards this season, a fate that we have managed to avoid in league matches. Today was a competitive match, Macclesfield were more physical - it could be argued their cautions ensured we were not bullied or finished with any injuries.

Five cards does seem excessive, but not for Alan Young who gave 8 out at Sutton on Tuesday and 6 last Saturday at Braintree. His average is almost 5 a game, one of the highest in The National League.

So he is a card waver, given that I thought he was decent especially considering the poor decisions of his assistants, especially the one on the far touchline. We have had far worse refs this season

I agree about the incorrect decision to book Ethan Pinnock.His tackle, in my opinion, was fair one
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:48 am

Hi
Bob said something during the commentary about the number of cards that ref has handed out. I think he said that Heather provided him with the info so perhaps she can tell us how many it has been.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:52 am

Greeners wrote:Hi
Bob said something during the commentary about the number of cards that ref has handed out. I think he said that Heather provided him with the info so perhaps she can tell us how many it has been.

Yes I did pass the info on to Bob on the radio, including yesterdays game his record is 14 National League matches with 62 yellows and 4 red cards, I also gave the info to Joicie on Thursday and asked him to pass this info onto the Manager to warn the players that the ref was card happy.

Mr. Young is averaging 4.42 yellows per game.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR Media, Reports, Stories & interviews