Ambassador Match Reports

For Information about the Ambassador's program.

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:57 am

Here's another report to remind you of that great game against Newport.

My name is Brendan Kitchen; I attend Pate’s in Cheltenham. Being an ambassador is incredibly fun with so many perks to the role. Only two weeks ago, I was part of the filming for the Fit2Last scheme which is aimed to benefit and connect to the local community.

Before the game, I was selling programmes under the shelter of the stadium in the bitter cold, wet and windy weather. Despite this, there was strong attendance for both sides giving the atmosphere of a local derby.

Forest Green were the stronger of the two teams with Winchester hitting the inside of the post within 15 minutes. Only 3 minutes later, the ball is played across the park with Grubb making a darting run down the left-hand side. He fizzes the ball across goal and it connects with a sliding defender to shoot it up into the roof of the net. Then the visitors started to pressure our back line, testing Sanchez numerous times before Amond curls the ball into the bottom left of goal around a defender from short range. Then once again the Rovers go onto the attack. The ball is sent into Reid’s feet; the striker proceeded to spin whilst releasing the shot which connected with the crossbar.

With both sides going into the break with a goal apiece, it was anybody’s game when the second half resumed. Each team had separate chances, but both were ended by the keepers. Then immediately from a corner which Forest Green struggled to clear, a shot was put wide by Swindon, but Reid was adjudged to have handballed the shot wide. The following penalty was blazed over the crossbar sending the ball to ‘Minchinhampton Common’ in the words of Bob Hunt (BBC Radio Gloucestershire).

Both teams went home with a well-deserved point.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am

Evie wrote:Luckily for us the ball went flying over the stand all the way to the 5 valleys, I think that was the biggest cheer of the game.

Well done Evie. Good report. You are certainly right about this. It was even bigger than when we scored :D

Well done to you Brendan, too
paulK
Reserves
Reserves

Postby John Whiffen » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Well done Evie and Brendon, another two well written and interesting reports.

Keep up with the good work.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Ambassadors Forum