Ambassador Match Reports

For Information about the Ambassador's program.

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:57 am

Here's another report to remind you of that great game against Newport.

My name is Brendan Kitchen; I attend Pate’s in Cheltenham. Being an ambassador is incredibly fun with so many perks to the role. Only two weeks ago, I was part of the filming for the Fit2Last scheme which is aimed to benefit and connect to the local community.

Before the game, I was selling programmes under the shelter of the stadium in the bitter cold, wet and windy weather. Despite this, there was strong attendance for both sides giving the atmosphere of a local derby.

Forest Green were the stronger of the two teams with Winchester hitting the inside of the post within 15 minutes. Only 3 minutes later, the ball is played across the park with Grubb making a darting run down the left-hand side. He fizzes the ball across goal and it connects with a sliding defender to shoot it up into the roof of the net. Then the visitors started to pressure our back line, testing Sanchez numerous times before Amond curls the ball into the bottom left of goal around a defender from short range. Then once again the Rovers go onto the attack. The ball is sent into Reid’s feet; the striker proceeded to spin whilst releasing the shot which connected with the crossbar.

With both sides going into the break with a goal apiece, it was anybody’s game when the second half resumed. Each team had separate chances, but both were ended by the keepers. Then immediately from a corner which Forest Green struggled to clear, a shot was put wide by Swindon, but Reid was adjudged to have handballed the shot wide. The following penalty was blazed over the crossbar sending the ball to ‘Minchinhampton Common’ in the words of Bob Hunt (BBC Radio Gloucestershire).

Both teams went home with a well-deserved point.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby paulK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am

Evie wrote:Luckily for us the ball went flying over the stand all the way to the 5 valleys, I think that was the biggest cheer of the game.


Well done Evie. Good report. You are certainly right about this. It was even bigger than when we scored :D

Well done to you Brendan, too
User avatar
paulK
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby John Whiffen » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Well done Evie and Brendon, another two well written and interesting reports.

Keep up with the good work.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Match Report on CHELTENHAM at home from Abbie, Uplands School

I was so pleased to get my new FGR shirt on the way into the ground.

We enjoyed a lovely pre-match meal of Cottage pie in the Black and White lounge before the game.

Once the team was announced we were surprised by the changes.
When the game started, Cheltenham had the better of the early part of the game and were awarded a penalty, when Sanchez brought down Barnett in the area.
Varney took the penalty and Sanchez made a great one handed save, but Barnett was quickest to react and put the rebound in the net.

This stirred Rovers into action but could not find the final ball to gain an equaliser before half time.

Mark Cooper brought on Gunning and Campbell for the second half and Rovers had more of the attacking, but still no goal.Then with 15 minutes left, Joseph Mills header from Archibald’s corner made it 1-1 and Rovers went in search of the winner, but just could not find the killer ball.

Abbie Uplands School.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 am

My name is Nell and I am one of the FGR ambassador‘s for Rodborough Primary School. This is my first year of being an ambassador, but I supported FGR lots last year, and I have really enjoyed it so far. We have already been to two away matches this season.

This weekend, I was lucky enough to go and watch FGR VS Cheltenham town and also to write the match report; this is what happened.

Cheltenham kicked off but FGR got straight to the ball. It was a good start from our captain Carl Winchester. An injury to Cheltenham’s Dawson, saw an early substitution with McAlinden replacing the injured midfielder. Some pressure from Cheltenham ended with a good save from Robert Sanchez, but in the 23rd minute Cheltenham got a penalty when Sanchez brought down Cheltenham’s Barnett following a back pass, with Sanchez getting a yellow card. Sanchez saved Varney’s spot-kick, but Barnett followed it up and scored to make it 1-0 in the 24th minute. FGR soon had a chance but the shot went over the bar. The half ended with the score at 1-0 to Cheltenham.

Two substitutions for FGR at half time saw Tavhon Campbell come on for Williams, and Gavin Gunning for McGinley. Ten minutes later Reece Brown replaced Worthington. There was a bit of time wasting from Cheltenham, and a good block from Mills to deny Cheltenham a second goal. FGR then won a free kick on the edge of the box, but Reece Brown saw his kick go just over, and then more FGR pressure as Grubb had a shot go just wide. Then a corner, taken by Theo Archibiald, was headed into the goal by Joseph Mills with power in the 74th minute and the crowd went wild!

Cheltenham had a goal disallowed for offside, and the match ended with the score 1-1. Probably a fair result though FGR had more possession than Cheltenham. MOTM was Theo Archibiald.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm

FGR vs Tranmere Rovers

My name is Olly young, I am the ambassador for Berkeley primary school, I'm ten and in year six. This is my second season as an ambassador and I really enjoy the role.

This was the first time the two sides had meet since the playoff final in 2017, FGR won 3-1 that day, it was the best day ever so I was hoping for the same result!

The match started with FGR dominating the first ten minutes, there was a great counter attack by FGR with Brown scoring a great finish,1-0. Both sides had chances, Grubb hitting the bar for FGR. Around twenty minutes later FGR had another counter attack with a dirty tackle on Campbell in the box! Penalty FGR! Gavin Gunning took it but it was well saved by Davies the Tranmere keeper but it fell straight to Shepherd who scored, 2-0 at half time.

The second half both teams had chances but it was Tranmere who needed to chase the game and started to put the pressure on FGR's defence. Eventually with five minutes to go Mullin for Tranmere manage to break through and score in the bottom corner. It was a really nervous finish to the match now I didn't want to see FGR draw again. When the fourth official put 6 minutes added time up I was even more nervous, but fortunately Tahvon Campbell got the ball on the edge of the box and scored an amazing left footed goal to win the game in the 96th minute!!

It was a great match, I hope there are more like that this season.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:03 am

Here are two recent match reports from Ralph Kerry-Barker, our reporter from Avening Primary School


Forest Green Rovers V Tranmere Rovers 23/10/18

So the last time we faced Tranmere Rovers was at Wembley in the final to see who got through to League 2 and FGR beat them 3 – 1 so this was a game we were all looking forward to. Again I was ball boy for this exciting match and Olivia was ball girl and we were sat near my mum in the North stand. Still no Reid on the team sheet as still has an injury but a better looking line up than Saturday and Brown is playing from the start.

The weather wasn’t too bad and there had been a beautiful sunset. We had James Norwood and Manny Monthe returning to FGR as they used to be FGR players. The whistle blew and we were off. After a few minutes I could tell this was going to be a great game as we looked a different team and in the 11th minute Brown scored a great goal and was playing like a real pro. I had to get the ball on a couple of occasions and because we were winning I made sure I took my time. In the 38th minute Campbell was brought down in the box by McNulty which resulted in a penalty for us. This really was a great game but then I saw Gunning was going to take the penalty and thought Grubb should be taking this. The keeper saved Gunning’s penalty but luckily there was a rebound and Shephard managed to get it in to the back of the net so 2 nil to FGR. I noticed as well that Olivia was taking her time to get the ball – great teamwork. The ref blew for half time which meant one thing – chips.

Olivia and I sat and ate our chips and talked about what an amazing game it was. Hopefully 2nd half could be just as good as we were exceptional in the 1st half.

The lads came back out and everyone applauded and we were off. 2nd half and we were still playing well but Tranmere looked like they now wanted a goal and in the 85th minute Mullin from Tranmere scored so the score was now 2 – 1. Would this be yet another draw? There was going to be an additional time of at least 6 minutes. In the 90 + 8th minute Campbell left footed the ball and it curled into the top of the net – GOAL.

The ref then blew his whistle and the score ended FGR 3 – Tranmere Rovers 1…………………………….where have I seen that score before – oh yes when we beat them at Wembley. What a match.

Attendance =2181 including 485 from Tranmere
Man of the match = Campbell
My Man of the match = Brown
#uptherovers


Forest Green Rovers V Cheltenham – 20/10/18

Well for this game Elglosico the sun is shining and we are ready for the local derby. There were red flares being let off by the Cheltenham fans and we had to walk through it and it smelt disgusting. We were all very excited for this game and there was a huge crowd although the team selection was not what we were expecting – no strikers as Reid was injured and a very odd line up.

The ref blew his whistle and we were off. Well when I say off I actually mean I think we were very off colour. An extremely poor FGR team. We could see that a goal was coming but unfortunately it was not from us. In the 26th minute Cheltenham scored which meant they got very loud and we were 1 nil down and looked very poor. We were all looking forward to half time as the game was actually quite boring. The ref blew his whistle for half time and we were all very thankful.
The 2nd half started and we were keeping our fingers crossed the half time team talk worked. There were 2 subs made in the 46th minute for FGR and the last sub made in the 56th minute. We watched in anticipation and it started to look a little better than the 1st half and FGR were playing much better. In the 75th minute Mills scored a great header and now the score was 1-1. We now had to keep everything crossed to make sure the score stayed a draw or we could nick a last minute goal.

We really thought that we were going to score as got close on a couple of occasions but then the full time whistle blew and it ended a draw which still means Cheltenham have not beaten FGR since 1998.

Attendance = 3582 including 682 from Cheltenham
Man of the match = Archibald

#uptherovers
#myteam
#gogreen
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Tommo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Nice.

I especially liked the bits about the ball-person duties and the chips.

The Lincoln ball boys were very well trained too - getting the ball when the scores were level but not when Lincoln were ahead. Marginal gains?
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 9457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Tommo wrote:Nice.

I especially liked the bits about the ball-person duties and the chips.

The Lincoln ball boys were very well trained too - getting the ball when the scores were level but not when Lincoln were ahead. Marginal gains?


Thanks Tommo

Re ball boys, yes marginal gains are important, but should Lincoln really be training their 10 year olds in keeping the ball when they are ahead. Towards the end one ball boy was congratulated for doing just that AND on another occasion a safety steward was harangued by Lincoln management for returning the ball too quickly.

It's hardly 'ball tampering' but bad sportsmanship, if not cheating.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby paulK » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Here are two recent match reports from Ralph Kerry-Barker, our reporter from Avening Primary School



Hey Ralph. Amusing, very well written and entertaining match reports. Keep them coming :D :D :D

p.s. I get my chips before the match and chocolate cake at half-time ;)
User avatar
paulK
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm

I forwarded your comments to Ralph's school - they were chuffed! Thanks paulK


07.11.2018

Forest Green Rovers 1
Arsenal U21s 3

Hello my name is Jack and I am 9 years old and I go to Cam Everlands Primary school, This is my first ever match report. I was sat in my normal seat behind the away dugout, with my mum, my grampy and his brother. We were all looking forward to the cup game despite the rain and the cold.

As the players walked out they looked excited and up for the game I was hoping to come away with a win. As the game started Arsenal had many attempts but none went in, a funny moment for me was when the ball nearly hit my mum but she hid. A couple of minutes later FGR had a few chances on goal, It was time for a substitute in the 35th minute number 8 Dayle Grubb, my favourite player so pleased to see him off the bench.

Unfortunately in the 41st minute there was a penalty for Arsenal and they scored 1 - 0 . Shortly after we conceded another goal 2 - 0.

As second half kicked off there was a million of chances and finally in the 62nd minute we found the back of the net it was a GOAL by the one and only Dayle Grubb.

I agree with man of the match I think Dayle Grubb was a good choice and it would have been mine this game, we started well but it was a shame that Arsenal dominated the game and was great on the attack. The game ended 3- 1 to Arsenal U21s. We left the feeling disappointed, wet and cold but looking forward to the next game, COME ON YOU ROVERS.

Jack Smith
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 pm

17.11.2018



Forest Green 0

Morecambe 1




Hello, we are Holly and Jack from Cam Everlands School and we are both nine years old. We went to the game this week with our Mums and before the match we had the exciting job of program selling!! We had never done this before and we were both a bit nervous, but we soon got the hang of it. The money bags we had made us look like waitresses though, so we very quickly gave them to our mums to wear! After lots of walking and standing in the cold we managed to sell LOADS of programs! We then sat down to watch the match with some chips to warm us up!

In the stadium the atmosphere was buzzing, there were loads of home fans more than 3000! Today was the year 3 free shirt give away, we really hope the new fans carry on supporting Rovers!

As the game kicked off we were really excited!! It was a brilliant first half we had lots of chances on goal and we definitely had more possession of the ball but we just couldn’t seem to find the back of the net. The Morecambe goalie did some great saves. There was one minute of extra time which brought us nothing.

Second half we were really hoping for a goal, it was so cold watching, we did watch from inside for a bit but the atmosphere was better outside (even though it was freezing!) Both teams had a few chances in this half but unfortunately for us only one all found the back of the net and that was a goal for the opposition in the 85th minute! The crowd really got behind our team in the four minutes of extra time but it just wasn’t quite enough.

In the end we were all disappointed, we should have gained our three points as we were the better team.

Man of the match, we think, should have been number 18 Theo Archibald, he was by far the best player on the pitch!

There should have been goals from the FGR team today but it just wasn’t to be, we hope for a better result next time. Come on you Rovers!!!



Holly and Jack
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby paulK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 am

Pitchfork wrote:17.11.2018



Forest Green 0

Morecambe 1




Hello, we are Holly and Jack from Cam Everlands School and we are both nine years old. We went to the game this week with our Mums and before the match we had the exciting job of program selling!! We had never done this before and we were both a bit nervous, but we soon got the hang of it. The money bags we had made us look like waitresses though, so we very quickly gave them to our mums to wear! After lots of walking and standing in the cold we managed to sell LOADS of programs! We then sat down to watch the match with some chips to warm us up!

In the stadium the atmosphere was buzzing, there were loads of home fans more than 3000! Today was the year 3 free shirt give away, we really hope the new fans carry on supporting Rovers!

As the game kicked off we were really excited!! It was a brilliant first half we had lots of chances on goal and we definitely had more possession of the ball but we just couldn’t seem to find the back of the net. The Morecambe goalie did some great saves. There was one minute of extra time which brought us nothing.

Second half we were really hoping for a goal, it was so cold watching, we did watch from inside for a bit but the atmosphere was better outside (even though it was freezing!) Both teams had a few chances in this half but unfortunately for us only one all found the back of the net and that was a goal for the opposition in the 85th minute! The crowd really got behind our team in the four minutes of extra time but it just wasn’t quite enough.

In the end we were all disappointed, we should have gained our three points as we were the better team.

Man of the match, we think, should have been number 18 Theo Archibald, he was by far the best player on the pitch!

There should have been goals from the FGR team today but it just wasn’t to be, we hope for a better result next time. Come on you Rovers!!!



Holly and Jack


Hi Holly & Jack. Great report.

Yes, we should have won and I agree with you for MoM. It was Theo for me too :D

Keep the reports coming ;)
User avatar
paulK
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:50 pm

F.A.Cup v Oxford at home

Hi I am Scarlett and I am from Chalford Hill Primary school, this is my 3rd season being an ambassador and I love helping out at home games doing different jobs and learning more about the club.

On this chilly night there was a feel of excitement and getting to watch football under the floodlights is a great experience.

We watched as Archibald runs down the left side a pass it to Campbell but he can’t quite connect with it. In the 14th minute Reids header from the centre is close but just off to the right a bit then moments later Browns shot gets blocked by the keeper.

McGinley gets given a yellow card for a foul and then Oxford scores their first goal in the 35th minute.

Half time Oxford manage to score their 2nd but we’re straight back to it with Digby taking a shot but it’s just a bit high and misses. We’re still hanging in there and Montgomery makes a great save, Brown make another attempt but sadly it get blocked.

The match finished 3-0 to Oxford and sadly we’re out of the cup.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:19 pm

FGR VS. OXFORD
FA CUP REPLAY



On a freezing cold Tuesday night, Oxford United came to the New Lawn for the FA cup first round replay. At the Kassam Stadium, the League One strugglers and high flying Forest Green could only produce a 0-0 draw.

As the match began, FGR were on top and pushing for an early goal with a corner in the fifth minute won by Archibald and a shot missed by James. But then the League One side started to attack, with a well-saved shot from number 17, James Henry. Forest Green could have had a chance midway through the first half, as Winchester had a clear run, but he was stopped in his tracks by the Oxford defence as he came pacing into the box.

FGR started to find their stride again as Reid had a shot blocked in a scramble to get a goal from inside the Oxford box. But then disaster struck, as Henry got Oxford the lead with a rebound off a well-saved shot by Montgomery. FGR were a bit unlucky to go into the break a goal down.

The second half began and straight away, captain Mills missed a shot from just outside the box. But then Oxford struck again as Jamie Mackie got a scrappy goal in the 49th minute to make it 2-0. Rovers tried hard to get one back, with missed chances and lots of corners. But after being the better side for most of the second half, things went from bad to worse for the home side, as Browne scored Oxford’s third from outside the box.

Even though FGR tried to get it back to 3-1 in the last ten minutes they could not score. Another loss saw FGR go five without a win. Oxford would go back home hoping they could improve in the league and FGR now needing a win away at Carlisle.

By Dylan Hartley, Ambassador of Archway School.
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Tommo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:53 am

Pitchfork wrote:
…..and FGR now needing a win away at Carlisle.

By Dylan Hartley, Ambassador of Archway School.


Nice one.....
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 9457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Tuesday 27th November

FGR v Colchester


A week after my first ever appearance as a ballboy it was back in the cold for the visit of Colchester. I was looking forward to ‘dap watch’ but we couldn’t get a good view of Mark Coopers daps. Last week there was a debate on the colour, it was either lilac or blue. Either way, they were new daps and I liked them a lot.

Within the first couple of minutes the ball came directly to me and after last week’s experience I caught it and returned with a now natural flourish. The game was not very interesting when suddenly Colchester fluked a goal , Sammy scored it so fair play to him. FGR tried to get back into it and with Reece Brown towering over some of the opposition it looked likely.

With the half time whistle approaching I noticed that the linesman had been changed, I couldn’t say when this happened but probably as I was dreaming of half time chips. Then calamity of all calamities Mum informed me that as I had already been out for supper it was no chips for George!!! I tried to nag but that didn’t help at all, with Christmas fast approaching I didn't want to push my luck.

The second half was better and then Theo Archibald fell over, that must be a penalty I thought as he wouldn’t fall over for nothing. Alas the man in black must have had his attention drawn elsewhere and waved play on , sometimes I miss things too especially when there is a JCB in the field behind the away fans so it can happen.

Ruben Reid then ran on and he was according to my dad “like a man possessed” but I didn’t know what that meant, he did play well though. With time running out we thought we had an equaliser but it turned out to be offside , a dreadful decision from our view 70 yards away at the wrong angle to see it but everyone around agreed with me that it should have been given.

With tiredness creeping in to both me and FGR the game was over and an unfortunate loss , I thought we tried but didn’t get a bit of luck. Dad tried to explain on the way home why we didn’t get the ball forward more but a 20 minute lecture from an ill-informed a tactically naive father was not really what I needed so I just nodded and thought about the missed chip opportunity.

George French (helped by Chris French)
BISLEY BLUECOAT PRIMARY SCHOOL
User avatar
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby paulK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Tuesday 27th November

FGR v Colchester


A week after my first ever appearance as a ballboy it was back in the cold for the visit of Colchester. I was looking forward to ‘dap watch’ but we couldn’t get a good view of Mark Coopers daps. Last week there was a debate on the colour, it was either lilac or blue. Either way, they were new daps and I liked them a lot.

Within the first couple of minutes the ball came directly to me and after last week’s experience I caught it and returned with a now natural flourish. The game was not very interesting when suddenly Colchester fluked a goal , Sammy scored it so fair play to him. FGR tried to get back into it and with Reece Brown towering over some of the opposition it looked likely.

With the half time whistle approaching I noticed that the linesman had been changed, I couldn’t say when this happened but probably as I was dreaming of half time chips. Then calamity of all calamities Mum informed me that as I had already been out for supper it was no chips for George!!! I tried to nag but that didn’t help at all, with Christmas fast approaching I didn't want to push my luck.

The second half was better and then Theo Archibald fell over, that must be a penalty I thought as he wouldn’t fall over for nothing. Alas the man in black must have had his attention drawn elsewhere and waved play on , sometimes I miss things too especially when there is a JCB in the field behind the away fans so it can happen.

Ruben Reid then ran on and he was according to my dad “like a man possessed” but I didn’t know what that meant, he did play well though. With time running out we thought we had an equaliser but it turned out to be offside , a dreadful decision from our view 70 yards away at the wrong angle to see it but everyone around agreed with me that it should have been given.

With tiredness creeping in to both me and FGR the game was over and an unfortunate loss , I thought we tried but didn’t get a bit of luck. Dad tried to explain on the way home why we didn’t get the ball forward more but a 20 minute lecture from an ill-informed a tactically naive father was not really what I needed so I just nodded and thought about the missed chip opportunity.

George French (helped by Chris French)
BISLEY BLUECOAT PRIMARY SCHOOL


Good reports from Dylan and Scarlett but absolutely love this one. It's even better than what we get from the SNJ :) One minor point tho' - I think the man-in-black might have been a man-in-a-different-colour?

However, it doesn't detract from the article. I chuckled a lot and it did remind me a bit of Adrian Mole. if you don't know who he is ask your dad. Unless he's also educationally naive ;) You'd probably enjoy the books.
User avatar
paulK
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Silver Surfer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 am

Agreed. Very refreshing articles. A breath of fresh air after the formulaic stuff we see in the mainstream press.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
User avatar
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3036
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Previous

Return to Ambassadors Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.