Ambassador Match Reports

For Information about the Ambassador's program.

Re: Ambassador Match Reports

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Match Report from New Year's Day from Brendan Kitchen, our ambassador at Pates.

Brendan publishes his diary of his ambassador year on his own FGR website

http://bit.ly/FGRFC

I arrived late at the game. So of course it was this game where Williams scores within 61 seconds...When I actually started watching the game, it was entertaining.

The first half was extremely even apart from the quick goal. The second half had a bit more action, Northampton scored to level the game leaving about half an hour to play.

As the clock ticked down both sides had good chances, the main one of note was a Forest Green shot hitting the woodwork and being fired over from a couple of meters out. All three subs had been made by each manager, trying to bring the three points home. One of the subs, Theo Archibald, had the ball in the dying embers of the game. He lined up to take a shot from ~30 meters out, it flew, hit the hands of the Northampton keeper and went in.

A 94" winner! The crowd went ecstatic! The Northampton Town Mixed Disability Club which were sat in front of me were in complete shock. It was a brilliant moment to begin 2019 on!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Match Report from New Year's Day from Brendan Kitchen, our ambassador at Pates.

A 94" winner! The crowd went ecstatic! The Northampton Town Mixed Disability Club which were sat in front of me were in complete shock. It was a brilliant moment to begin 2019 on!

:lol:
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Match Report from New Year's Day from Brendan Kitchen, our ambassador at Pates.

I arrived late at the game. So of course it was this game where Williams scores within 61 seconds...When I actually started watching the game, it was entertaining.

The first half was extremely even apart from the quick goal. The second half had a bit more action, Northampton scored to level the game leaving about half an hour to play.

As the clock ticked down both sides had good chances, the main one of note was a Forest Green shot hitting the woodwork and being fired over from a couple of meters out. All three subs had been made by each manager, trying to bring the three points home. One of the subs, Theo Archibald, had the ball in the dying embers of the game. He lined up to take a shot from ~30 meters out, it flew, hit the hands of the Northampton keeper and went in.

Well done Brendan. I like it. The website too :D

Not sure I'll ever get used to that metres thing tho'. I'm probably too old now :?
paulK
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:28 am

FGR VS Northampton Match Report – 1/1/19

Hello, my name is Alyssa Powell. I am 10 years old and I attend Wycliffe Preparatory School. I really enjoy being an Ambassador for FGR, and I attend as many matches as I can. The team is brilliant, and they are great to watch. FGR is also very focussed on the environment and that is why I love my role and the club.

It was a brilliant start for FGR on a cold New Year’s Day, George Williams scored an amazing goal to go 1-0 up. We all stood up and cheered. Northampton immediately started attacking but a great save by our Goalkeeper meant we remained ahead, a brilliant start to 2019.

A beautiful pass by Reece Brown bought us close to a second goal, but it was intercepted and was not to be. Gavin Gunning was given a yellow card, and Tahvon Campbell went down a couple of minutes later, with Northampton getting a yellow card.

With a Northampton corner in the 41st minute we were getting nervous, but the FGR defenders did a great job. The Northampton Goalkeeper then had a disagreement with Liam Shephard and they both got a yellow card. Overall FGR seemed in control of the first half, with some brilliant passing and great attacking play.

The second half began more tentatively from FGR, and in the 49th minute Northampton scored, making it all level at 1-1. Northampton continued to attack in the second half and seemed more positive than in the first half.
By the 69th minute FGR had made all 3 of their substitutions and Northampton had made 1. Northampton made their 2nd substitution in the 76th minute.

There were four minutes injury time added and in the final minute Theo Archibald scored for FGR to make it 2-1!

Victory!!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Well done Brendan and Alyssa, very good reports on the match, keep up the good work, FGR needs you young fans for the future.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Ambassadors Forum