Exeter facilities and welcome

For Information about the Ambassador's program.

Exeter facilities and welcome

Postby Dougal » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Henry had a great time at Exeter - their fans were all very friendly and welcoming.

The facilities were great. Henry loved the table football and the Fifa setup. He played fifa against an Exeter fan, but it was just a shame result wasn't matched in the real game!

Pictures here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XHgzPmpW6XZENYfv6
Dougal
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Exeter facilities and welcome

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks for pointing this out Dougal: I have now taken ambassadors to 7 different clubs and Exeter ranks best alongside Wycombe as the most efficient, helpful and family friendly. Despite the result, our coach load enjoyed the day and have happy memories of the experience. Great pictures via the link.

FGR has put much in practice to cater for youngsters and our family atmosphere and the number of kids in attendance is often remarked on by visitors. I suspect the Community Stand will have hundreds behind the goal on Saturday.

Of course the new stadium at junction 13 will allow the club to have lots more amenities to give families and even better match day experience.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
Of course the new stadium at junction 13 will allow the club to have lots more amenities to give families and even better match day experience.

Any latest on that "particular project", seeing as how Brian Clough isn't on that one either? ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Pitchfork wrote:

Good news for all who will use it...perhaps you could have a family friendly café and call it something like "The Ambassador"...as they have been as much a part of the development of the club in recent seasons as anything else that has happened on or off the pitch.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm

I have lots of ideas to develop the potential of the ambassadors still further, though many can't be realised until the new stadium is built - space is at a premium @TNL.

Your suggestion of a family friendly 'Ambassador Cafe' is long the lines of my train of thought - this would be staffed mainly by ambassadors on a rota basis and have different themes, depending on the opposition we are facing. Saturday, for example, would have a 'Railway' theme.

In the meantime, next season I will be aiming for 100 ambassadors from 80 schools and am already on the hunt for schools who are not already linked to the scheme. As ever I welcome suggestions ( current list viewtopic.php?f=72&t=101562 ). If anyone has ideas it is really helpful if you could PM me a name of a teacher, rather than just the school.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 pm

But the spanner tossed in by the naysayer councillors in the weary past, voting to overturning the recommendation to approve ... In your vice chair position, do you have the latest news on the Stadium project? Ie, when is the final ruling due to take place?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi F.A.

There is no further information as far as I know - I spoke to Dale recently and he had no date.

Frustrating eh?
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:45 pm

Yes! Thanks for update P/F.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager