CoronaVirus

This board is a temporary one for topics and posts to to with the Coronavirus pandemic. Please put all relevant material in here, rather than the other boards.

CoronaVirus

Postby dangers » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:11 am

Just sent this message to FGR
Hi FGR
I have a season ticket and come to most home games.
I have noticed a lack of hygiene in the mens toilets all season.
Continual lack of hand soap.
This is especially concerning me with the outbreak of the Corona virus.
Would you make sure they are at all times topped up & further more a notice of washing your hands for a period of 20 seconds is recommended.
Many Thanks
Peter Dangerfield
dangers
First Team
First Team

Re: Corona Virus

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:14 am

Plus all the hand driers are next to useless.
Why would anybody want to wash their hands on a cold day when unable to dry them afterwards.
They need upgrading urgently.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:42 pm

I think playing the virus card a bit OTT but agree with the lack of facilities being a concern for H&S in general, irrespective of the virus

Whilst I agree there is cause for concern, I am never surprised at what I hear about knock-on effects when something like this happens. It appears that the panic has led to a shortage of face masks used in the health profession because people are buying them up and those that need them for their work are having difficulty getting hold of them.
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DIESEL » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Good post dangers. I think we would all agree prevention is better than cure?
Hopefully the Club will be proactive and responsible. Please let us know if there is a response.
DIESEL
Youth
Youth

Postby Foggy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:05 pm

DIESEL wrote:Good post dangers. I think we would all agree prevention is better than cure?
Hopefully the Club will be proactive and responsible. Please let us know if there is a response.

Perhaps someone at the club misunderstood the information that is in the media...which seems to be to avoid anyone who has been to the Orient...which may be the real reason for tomorrow's match being in jeopardy and not the amount of rain we have had recently!
Last edited by Foggy on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby 20yrs and counting » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Until new stadium gets granted approval TNL will not invest in any soap! :o
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
First Team
First Team

Postby Eco-Exile » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:30 pm

Is it legal to not provide soap on toilets at a venue open to the paying public? Regardless of the ‘virus card’ (a new one for me, I assume from same deck as the ‘race card’ given the poster) it is basic customer service to provide hot water and soap.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:20 am

You must spend your time in the Directors Lounge then, FGR is the only ground that I've ever visited to have hot water/soap/hand dryers in the Gents!
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 am

TreeinWillsbridge wrote:FGR is the only ground that I've ever visited to have hot water/soap/hand dryers in the Gents!

Not true
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:58 am

obviously not paying attention- or i spend too much time in the toilets (some may say thats more entertaining than the football )

i believe the club has a sponsor from one of those 'ethical' soap companies who to be fair do provide hand cleaning products;and from the stats provided it seems that FGR are one of the cleanest clubs in the league .

that given- i have always believed that you only become one of those 'proper clubs 'once you also provide hand lotions and nail files to accompany your hand cleansing products

https://www.faithinnature.co.uk/
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:26 am

One week on and the situation regarding the virus has not improved. The impact is already being felt in sport with a number of games being cancelled or postponed and talks are now going on regarding playing games in the Premier League and EFL behind closed doors, meetings will be taking place early next week to discuss this matter further:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154

Whilst concern will always be for those affected by the virus, and attempts being made to bring the situation under control, it does make one wonder what the impact would be on smaller clubs, across many sports and not just football, who rely on matchday income to survive. We know from personal experience how difficult it was for our own club to survive after having a couple of mid-winter games postponed, reducing income to near zero, I wonder how many clubs are existing now in such precarious circumstances. Worrying times for all.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Bill Shankly » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:06 am

A thought how will clubs cope

If and when game should have to be behind closed doors where does income come from.

Will season tickets be part refunded ,

It is a potential nightmare situation,plus with the age of our supporters we will potentially lose 5-10% of our them regardless of feelings for MC.....

I have been watching the excellent War of the Worls on Fox so I am now in nightmare scenario mode.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:14 pm

load of fuss about nothing.

its a mild element of flu for heavens sake,

not great to catch if you already have pneumonia ,but otherwise pretty harmless.
had exactly the same re sars-6 months after the fuss died down it was admitted that sarsit was simply a strain of flu virus not encountered before .

justifies jobs though i guess
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:59 pm

michael wrote:load of fuss about nothing.

its a mild element of flu for heavens sake,

not great to catch if you already have pneumonia ,but otherwise pretty harmless.
had exactly the same re sars-6 months after the fuss died down it was admitted that sarsit was simply a strain of flu virus not encountered before .

justifies jobs though i guess

Load of fuss about nothing, say that again when your my age and have both heart and lung condition. Look before you leap comes to mind.

COW
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Well michael be careful.
I had 2 weeks in GRH critical care with swine flu in 2010 that caused double pneumonia and heart failure ...now i am in high risk with due to age and underlying chest issues.

2 people died of supposedly not so severe flu when I was there.

With flu there is vaccination with cv there is not.

It is not be underestimated with our aging support base and precautions should be taken to maximize hygiene and minimize risk
Do the maths all football will behind closed doors by mid april.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby The Game Within » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:31 am

I must agree with Dangers but at least our toilets are better than Swindon, they didn't even have hot water taps and only paper towels so when they ran out you had nothing.
I just hope with 4 home games left this month (with 2 which you expect big crowds) hope enough soap has been ordered.
The Game Within
First Team
First Team

Postby cookiemonster » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 am

Would our crowds qualify as 'large gatherings'? :lol:
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:33 am

cookiemonster wrote:Would our crowds qualify as 'large gatherings'? :lol:

On the radio this morning an expert considered sitting in a pub as a large gathering.
From what I understand it remains safe for people to gather outside in the fresh air because disease is not air-borne. [I stand to be corrected on this point if need be]
At over 70 years of age I am in that category that the football authorities want to stay away from games solely for our own health.
It is possible even probable that I will get the infection. But I want to enjoy my last days watching and enjoying a sport I love rather than hide in a dark room.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Freddy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:39 am

If the government are serious about slowing the spread of this virus, then Cheltenham racing has to be cancelled. A big four day event pulling people in from across the UK and Ireland into Gloucestershire. To see the UK in 3 weeks time look towards Italy today.
Freddy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:01 am

Freddy wrote:If the government are serious about slowing the spread of this virus, then Cheltenham racing has to be cancelled. A big four day event pulling people in from across the UK and Ireland into Gloucestershire. To see the UK in 3 weeks time look towards Italy today.

It is getting the balance right. The infection will be around for a minimum of 12 months before scientists have perfected an antidote. Life must continue until then. Perhaps a compromise would be that the government make it mandatory that at all gatherings attendees must wear a face mask.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to Coronavirus