CoronaVirus

This board is a temporary one for topics and posts to to with the Coronavirus pandemic. Please put all relevant material in here, rather than the other boards.

Re: CoronaVirus

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Too occasional fan wrote:Yes indeed. He’s our David Icke, and should be ignored, but it’s difficult to laugh him off when his peculiar and relentless postings chase sensible posters away.

Mr. Too Occasional Fan you have been stalking me for far too long with your consistent and persistent heckles. You are no more than a mere TROLL.
Pack it in.
I note that you posted this at 8.17am stating best to ignore me, and less than two hours later you make another one of your usual unwarranted remarks.
Therefore you are not only a TROLL but one who is unable to obey your own instructions.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Foggy wrote:
Too occasional fan wrote:
You really do need to sort out the filtering that is occurring on your internet browsing.

Clearing your cookies and avoiding the Daily Fail and Facecrack would probably be a good way to start!

Thank you for your wise words.
As you will have noticed I no longer offer web souses for anything I claim to prevent others from cherry picking a minor segment of its entirety and make a big deal out of an alternate. And that's because there are people on site who just want to argue just for the sake of argument (I'm not one of them)
I have the confidence to know that all I post is far more accurate than not.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:25 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Too occasional fan wrote:Yes indeed. He’s our David Icke, and should be ignored, but it’s difficult to laugh him off when his peculiar and relentless postings chase sensible posters away.

Mr. Too Occasional Fan you have been stalking me for far too long with your consistent and persistent heckles. You are no more than a mere TROLL.
Pack it in.
I note that you posted this at 8.17am stating best to ignore me, and less than two hours later you make another one of your usual unwarranted remarks.
Therefore you are not only a TROLL but one who is unable to obey your own instructions.

What's your view on the "World Beating" track and trace program?
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:51 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Too occasional fan wrote:
You really do need to sort out the filtering that is occurring on your internet browsing.

Clearing your cookies and avoiding the Daily Fail and Facecrack would probably be a good way to start!

Thank you for your wise words.
As you will have noticed I no longer offer web souses for anything I claim to prevent others from cherry picking a minor segment of its entirety and make a big deal out of an alternate. And that's because there are people on site who just want to argue just for the sake of argument (I'm not one of them)
I have the confidence to know that all I post is far more accurate than not.

How would we know that you are not just copying selected sections, editing or even just making up the content without the source? You justification is lacking in sense.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:18 am

My daughter's house mate is a nurse on icu at Guys Hospital. They finally had an antibody test and got the results yesterday.

Shes had corona virus. She was self isolating before lockdown for 2 weeks having rung work and been told to stay away. Izzy was Ill at the same time and also self isolated.

My older daughter was off work for a fortnight in February with a bug that knocked her for 6.

Who knows whose had it ? Testing would be a good step forward.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:40 am

I agree with the above, regarding the testing for presence of anti-bodies. This is a likely indication that someone has already had the virus and may be a game-changer in allowing the majority to return to a more normal life, considering the circumstances. I have had discussions with a number of friends and many of us had some of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 in the weeks before we went into lockdown but none experienced anything severe enough to seek medical attention of any kind. If I can be tested and it is shown I have already had the virus and built up antibodies it would make me far more comfortable to return to mass-participation events, including the likes of a football match, but until then I will continue to apply the two metre rule for social-distancing.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Timb » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Our office is almost ready to receive everyone back.
A skip load of stuff cleared out including the conference room table (no more 10 person meetings in our office).
Workstations all reconfigured with new network connections to design stations now in the no longer conference room. We're sticking to the 2m rule.
Bike rack dismantled so back door is now exit. D locks all along outside walls for bikes.
Kitchen completely opened up and storage shelves for individual cutlery etc. No more rounds of coffee...
Push plates on all doors and all door furniture changed to cut down on touches.
9 sanitiser stations added.
4 perspex screens being made, as soon as they're up we're ready to receive everyone back.
But still on a 50% rota system to start with to minimise the hit when the second wave hits.
All staff walking or cycling to work. Except 2.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:42 pm

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on this thread so I thought I would share a clip that I watched earlier, posted by one of my favourite YouTubers about his experience with Covid. The bloke goes by the name of Bald and Bankrupt (real name Benjamin) and he posts clips of his travels around various parts of the World, the last time he posted was over a month ago when he visited Serbia, he then went quiet and has just uploaded a clip to explain why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clscC120ZQM

I have to say that it was a fairly difficult watch but brings home the real effects of this disease, if people aren't prepared to listen to the advice of those in positions of responsibility then please listen to a man who has seen and experienced its effects.

PS: If you like travel blogs then I can heartily recommend his channel, it is one of the best.
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

A study has shown why the UK [and Belgium] suffered greater than any other European countries to CV19:
England suffered the second-worst coronavirus death rate of 32 European countries analysed, after enduring only mild flu seasons for the past two years.

Public Health England statistics show around 20,000 excess deaths – those of any cause that happen above average – occur from influenza each year.

But only 1,700 extra fatalities were recorded during the 2018/19 outbreak. Data showed the 2019/20 season was also 'very mild'.

It means more than 30,000 people in England alone were alive at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic who would have been expected to die in the previous two flu seasons.

That shows that whatever or which government was in charge of country this spring and what measures they took, the outcome would have been similar to what we have experienced.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:A study has shown why the UK [and Belgium] suffered greater than any other European countries to CV19:
England suffered the second-worst coronavirus death rate of 32 European countries analysed, after enduring only mild flu seasons for the past two years.

Public Health England statistics show around 20,000 excess deaths – those of any cause that happen above average – occur from influenza each year.

But only 1,700 extra fatalities were recorded during the 2018/19 outbreak. Data showed the 2019/20 season was also 'very mild'.

It means more than 30,000 people in England alone were alive at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic who would have been expected to die in the previous two flu seasons.

That shows that whatever or which government was in charge of country this spring and what measures they took, the outcome would have been similar to what we have experienced.

Source please.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:30 pm

According to the FT the UK has had 65,700 excess deaths, during the Covid outbreak, compared to the average of recent years.

Source as follows: https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f ... 5839e06441
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:49 am

Players under contract :

I believe there are 12 players from last season, currently under contract .

To the best of my knowledge, they have been furloughed .
I am assuming training will start soon,ready for the september start .
Hence, the players will be brought out of furlough for training /return to work.

assuming those 12 players all remain with the club through to january, following yesterdays 'return to work bonus ',i assume the club will be getting £12000 from the government plus a further £1K for every other employee brought out of furlough .

(every little helps !)

some people may even say that Forest Green Rovers are Open Air Theatre and hence the players should start performances from this saturday
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 am

Foggy wrote:According to the FT the UK has had 65,700 excess deaths, during the Covid outbreak, compared to the average of recent years.

Hmm...FT data and analysis or an unreferenced copy and paste by Old Tom Cat from a random internet source he is unwilling to share.

:lol: :lol:
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:03 am

FT vs Daily Mail. Fact vs Friction. No contest.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:24 pm

Foggy wrote:According to the FT the UK has had 65,700 excess deaths, during the Covid outbreak, compared to the average of recent years.

Belatedly our friend TOF identified my source of information was Daily Mail - he must be a closet Tory! ;)

But the truth is that both reports mutually agree.
Death rates in UK over the past few years have been lower than in previous years which automatically lowers the running average rates of death.
Unfortunately CV19 has balanced the numbers up in a very, very short period of time.
In some ways some people have been fortunate to have had two or three extra years of life before now.
But the death rates for our country is now running at a normal or slightly below rate for this time of year.
The future is not all doom and gloom.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:58 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:

Belatedly our friend TOF identified my source of information was Daily Mail - he must be a closet Tory! ;)

Actually, I'm able to use the internet....
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:01 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:

But the truth is that both reports mutually agree.
Death rates in UK over the past few years have been lower than in previous years which automatically lowers the running average rates of death.
Unfortunately CV19 has balanced the numbers up in a very, very short period of time.
In some ways some people have been fortunate to have had two or three extra years of life before now.
But the death rates for our country is now running at a normal or slightly below rate for this time of year.
The future is not all doom and gloom.

Lets see...

Looks like misinformation,
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:16 am

Infection rates per hundred thousand of the population for the week ending 11 July, and comparison with previous week ending 4 July, have just been published and are based on figures shared by Public Health England. The figures are based on tests carried out in laboratories and in the wider community, the linked article, containing the published figures, is available via the following link:

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/07/14/l ... in-englan/

Figures for our local area, first figure for week ending 11 July and second for previous week, in case you have trouble reading the detail in the article:

Code: Select all
Swindon               5.9  4.5
Tewkesbury            3.2  5.4
Forest of Dean        2.3  0.0
Bristol               2.2  1.9
Cheltenham            1.7  4.3
Gloucester            1.5  1.5
Cotswold              1.1  2.2
South Gloucestershire 1.1  1.1
Stroud                0.8  0.8

Clearly these figures are very low in comparison to areas where lockdown measures have been re-introduced or there has been a sudden spike in infection rates. The following figures are the top five:

Code: Select all
 Leicester            118.2 115.1
Pendle                76.6  14.2
Blackburn with Darwen 47.0  31.6
Rochdale              39.1  28.6
Herefordshire         37.0   1.6

The above figures have been provided by what I believe is a reliable source.
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 am

Now a good news story, as it feels like we need one, about record numbers of people giving up smoking during the Covid outbreak. This information has been provided in a survey conducted by YouGov, on behalf of the charity Action on Smoking and Health (ASH), and is shared in an article printed by the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53403610
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Not sure what the total excess deaths over the period of covid are now... . 70k? But should also be compared (roughly) with 50k number only 2 years ago i think due to bad flu. Could have had social distancing measures in place then but assume 50k deaths judged acceptable and limited potential of that flu to kill more. Obviously covid limited to the 70k so far by lockdown otherwise far worse.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Coronavirus