How Are We Coping?

This board is a temporary one for topics and posts to to with the Coronavirus pandemic. Please put all relevant material in here, rather than the other boards.

Re: How Are We Coping?

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun May 24, 2020 7:40 pm

man_of_kent wrote:Wow Wow Wow. Did that just happen. Whether you like or dislike BJ; think he has done a good or bad job; a solid Labour or Conservative supporter!!…...BIG BIG mistake by BJ regarding Cummings. Wow Wow.

I've not been convinced any other government or leader in power would have seen much of a different outcome with CD19 in the UK ...but this decision has left me speechless (but I can type: o).

Why were the Cummings family in any different position to many many many other families but whom followed the guidelines!!

My sister and her partner have a small child. Due to their job, her partner was tested and it indicated infection despite no symptoms. They stayed in isolation in their apartment in Finchley Park, with her infected partner in a room for 7 days whilst she had to care for my nephew alone.

Both at my relatives in Gloucestershire and our annexe residence in Norfolk there would have been more outdoor space and easier to manage the situation and keep the health of my nephew.

That seemed like the best option. But that wasn’t allowed so as a family the decision was made to stay in the apartment. Today the Prime Minister says that my sister was an irresponsible parent, who went against what seemed best for the child.

That is upsetting to the bottom our stomachs.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Sun May 24, 2020 8:22 pm

With a majority of 80 Johnson obviously feels that he can take on Steve Baker & the ERG. This is just about what is best for Boris and that's to hang on to his chief political advisor & spin doctor.

I think that he has made his first serious political mistake, people will not forget that it's one rule for us and break the rules when we choose for Cummings.

Has a 80 seat majority ever been overturned after one parliament? :D
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 pm

TreeinWillsbridge wrote:With a majority of 80 Johnson obviously feels that he can take on Steve Baker & the ERG. This is just about what is best for Boris and that's to hang on to his chief political advisor & spin doctor.

I think that he has made his first serious political mistake, people will not forget that it's one rule for us and break the rules when we choose for Cummings.

On the contrary, voters will see in Boris a strong leader who will not kowtow to a witch hunt.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun May 24, 2020 9:49 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
TreeinWillsbridge wrote:With a majority of 80 Johnson obviously feels that he can take on Steve Baker & the ERG. This is just about what is best for Boris and that's to hang on to his chief political advisor & spin doctor.

On the contrary, voters will see in Boris a strong leader who will not kowtow to a witch hunt.

Strong leaders usually would not struggle to answer basic questions in flustered press conference and would take action to close down a news story rather than letting it dominate for 48 hours. Neither would strong leaders issue a slogan and rules then later backtrack to say you can interpret however you like when his aide is questioned.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:09 pm

People can cope with mistakes and bad judgement if it is owned up to. They won't cope with lies, deceit, arrogance, mismanagement and double standards. This Cummings issue is just an extension of the government's absolute refusal to accept any poor judgement and mismanagement throughout this crisis.

Jees, can you imagine how the people of County Durham and other areas in the north east, who 'lent' this bunch their votes, must be feeling now? They must wish they could rewind back to 11th December. It may take a bit of time, but mark me, Cummings, Johnson, Hancock and the rest of this omnishambles are in for one big comeuppance. And rightly so.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 pm

The newspaper Daily Mail as turned against them.

Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 am

The Old TomCat wrote:

Only a few voters.

Thankfully most will see him for what he is.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Mon May 25, 2020 11:03 am

Dont worry he will have been told to look for another job...you don't sit with tHe PM all afternoon to be told that was a wonderful thing you did for your family ...he will be gone by eof the week.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon May 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Dominic Cummins is to speak to the media later today.
I would not be surprised that he had offered his resignation.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Mon May 25, 2020 3:20 pm

We will find out at 4pm.....he only needs one sentence.. I am very sorry and I am resigning with immediate effect after my total lack of judgement.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby Bill Shankly » Mon May 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Time to move on he wont apologise....more important matters need sorting.

There are shades of grey but if you have reasonable justification you can now do what you fancy if the family are in the car .

Maybe it's reasonable to get the family round for a barbie tonight as it's a nice day and no 260mile drive is involved.

No one asked the question why could not your wife drive making the castle trip irrelevant.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Mon May 25, 2020 6:22 pm

He and his wife obviously have no friends at all in london where they live, no neighbours who can help, no relatives either. So no choice but to drive to Durham. My aspidistra.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Mon May 25, 2020 6:53 pm

This Cumming thing has really wound me up. The media still ignoring the only point of significance - was his family lives as risk due to threats outside his house??? (was it actually the media who were a threat to his wife and child or something?). We have already got idiots next door holding BBQs, people jumping into cars with other households in the street. This cummings situation really does not give out a good message.

Tight lockdown in two weeks when we se the trend go back up.

We barely leave the house and use the car once week to go shopping if we are low on stuff. I have a friend who and his wife were ill (possibly/probably Covid) and had a 4 year old! Its not that unique. Christ!!!! is our country full of bloody idiots!!!!

Oh, for goodness sake!
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Mon May 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi
Timb wrote:He and his wife obviously have no friends at all in london where they live, no neighbours who can help, no relatives either. So no choice but to drive to Durham. My aspidistra.

There was obviously Children's Services or has his party made them unusable?
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Mon May 25, 2020 8:29 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:Dominic Cummins is to speak to the media later today.
I would not be surprised that he had offered his resignation.

He hasn’t and he didn’t.

The problem is that Johnson is a lightweight, here because he would sail into the history books as the Brexit PM. Johnson needs Cummings to prop him up.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Ah, Well!

Uri Gellar may replace him ultimately. He applied for a job with the Cummings department on the basis that it was was a necessary qualification to be a weirdo?

Bend it like Beckham!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon May 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
man_of_kent wrote:Wow Wow Wow. Did that just happen. Whether you like or dislike BJ; think he has done a good or bad job; a solid Labour or Conservative supporter!!…...BIG BIG mistake by BJ regarding Cummings. Wow Wow.

I've not been convinced any other government or leader in power would have seen much of a different outcome with CD19 in the UK ...but this decision has left me speechless (but I can type: o).

Why were the Cummings family in any different position to many many many other families but whom followed the guidelines!!

My sister and her partner have a small child. Due to their job, her partner was tested and it indicated infection despite no symptoms. They stayed in isolation in their apartment in Finchley Park, with her infected partner in a room for 7 days whilst she had to care for my nephew alone.

Both at my relatives in Gloucestershire and our annexe residence in Norfolk there would have been more outdoor space and easier to manage the situation and keep the health of my nephew.

That seemed like the best option. But that wasn’t allowed so as a family the decision was made to stay in the apartment. Today the Prime Minister says that my sister was an irresponsible parent, who went against what seemed best for the child.

That is upsetting to the bottom our stomachs.

No answer today on why the Cummings family were more exceptional than my sister who I described above. Still no apology that he felt entitled to travel whilst my sister followed the instructions.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 am

cut him a bit of slack -i'm sure he'll be ringing you personally during the course of the day
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Tue May 26, 2020 10:52 am

And still no word on reopening barbers/hairdressers :twisted:

If everybody wears a mask & washes their hands it's a reasonable risk.

Are we all supposed to turn into hippies? yet that pr@t with his masters blessing gets to tour the country!

Has Dominic been to Weston? 40% of the nursing staff have just tested positive!
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 am

michael wrote:cut him a bit of slack -i'm sure he'll be ringing you personally during the course of the day

Given as thousands of families and parents will have faced the same situation or even more difficult circumstances but still isolated as instructed at home rather than travelling to stay somewhere else it would be easier for him or the the government to say sorry to all these people at once.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Coronavirus