Statement from FGR.

This board is a temporary one for topics and posts to to with the Coronavirus pandemic. Please put all relevant material in here, rather than the other boards.

Statement from FGR.

Postby FGRWill » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 pm

With football in lockdown since early March and with no change on the horizon for the foreseeable future, we’ve taken the decision to use the government’s newly announced wage support scheme to furlough all FGR staff.

Our staff have been unable to work since the shutdown, this decision recognises that and puts the club into hibernation, ready to return when football is possible again. We’re also seeking government guidance about what we can do to support our casual staff.

As a result, there will be minimal social updates on all of our channels until we're open and football is back. Stay safe, stay home and we’ll speak soon.
FGRWill
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Statement from FGR.

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:10 pm

Are you topping staff up from the government 80% pay to their full salary?

Will staff be paid between now and end of April when the furlough payments start?
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DIESEL » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:47 pm

More importantly, I hope all FGR employees be they full time/part time or volunteers remain in good health and I look forward to seeing you all at the next home match. Look after yourselves.
DIESEL
Youth
Youth

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:01 am

FGRWill wrote:With football in lockdown since early March and with no change on the horizon for the foreseeable future, we’ve taken the decision to use the government’s newly announced wage support scheme to furlough all FGR staff.

Our staff have been unable to work since the shutdown, this decision recognises that and puts the club into hibernation, ready to return when football is possible again. We’re also seeking government guidance about what we can do to support our casual staff.

As a result, there will be minimal social updates on all of our channels until we're open and football is back. Stay safe, stay home and we’ll speak soon.

Social updates is where it is at.

Would be good to see the club (from home) doing this.

If furlough works, staff will be on 80% of salary. Paid for by the taxpayer. Would be good to see something back from this money. Something for their community.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:03 am

Keep calm and carry on, especially now. Keep the wheels turning so they dont seize up.

The government are asking for 250000 volunteers to assist the NHS.

Fair enough salaries can't be paid but brains and computers are still clicking, even if remotely.

Self isolating is one thing, networking and assisting is another.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 am

This statement by the club is disappointing as there is so much the club can do and put it out there.
In these days we need hope,contact of some form,on line activities,back games to watch ,fitness with a player on line ,out and about helping with shopping medicines etc

I understand the need economic need to furlough for players and staff but complete hibernation ,with zero digital prescence surely.not.

We need our club and hopefully the club needs us that make it through.

Until there is a vaccine I wont be able to attend events in any public space but I still want after 23 years to be part of FGR.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm

There's not going to be football for months - apart from that virtual competition - so I think this sounds sensible. Why fiddle around the margins? Hopefully Ecotricity survive this and FGR survive this but having digital updates from the club during this time is way down the priority list imo.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby StroudFan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:24 am

As much as I would like to see lots of activities, content, videos, etc during this shutdown, this is the difficult but right decision. Government guidance is that staff that are furloughed aren’t allowed to work at all, so had to be a proper shutdown.

With no revenue coming in, getting 80% from the government makes a lot of sense: and I expect that several other teams to do the same: esp in the lower decisions (L1/L2, NL).

Let’s just hope the EFL can come up with a sensible plan for resuming games, and answering all the ‘what if’ questions.
StroudFan
Reserves
Reserves

Return to Coronavirus