"We Are FGR"

All about our First Team

"We Are FGR"

Postby stroud green » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Words I thought I would never say but I am going to be an "Author". My limited edition book, together with Forest Green Rovers and Pro Sports Images is now available to pre-order from the club website. It is a photographic journal of the clubs historic season which finished with promotion to the football league for the first time in their history.

I would appreciate all my FGR friends and football lovers to buy now and get your name or that of a loved one on a special subscribers page within the book.

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/first-team-news/2017/pre-order-your-copy-of-we-are-fgr

Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: "We Are FGR"

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Quite a CV now SG - your teachers got something right!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Put me down for 2. Good job jobber.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Jobber Jobbed.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:34 am

Congratulations Shane. Yet another tome added to the FGR Library
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Excellent work - hope it sells well. Still hoping that a DVD of the Play Off Final will become available, but in a way this might be even better, as it will cover the whole season. Have pre-ordered a copy 8-)
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twinkletoes » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Will definitely be adding that to my collection of fgr books. Just a point I would like to make about the forum, can we please have "about fgr" at the bottom amended. "We are currently the longest serving member of the Football Conference" no longer applies, we are now a football league club!! And long may it continue.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:28 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Will definitely be adding that to my collection of fgr books. Just a point I would like to make about the forum, can we please have "about fgr" at the bottom amended. "We are currently the longest serving member of the Football Conference" no longer applies, we are now a football league club!! And long may it continue.

Good spot - yes, that does now read a little historically...!
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:30 pm

SkunkMan wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:Will definitely be adding that to my collection of fgr books. Just a point I would like to make about the forum, can we please have "about fgr" at the bottom amended. "We are currently the longest serving member of the Football Conference" no longer applies, we are now a football league club!! And long may it continue.

Post deleted.
Last edited by The Old TomCat on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:13 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
SkunkMan wrote:

Somebody mentioned nit a few weeks ago and asked Moderators to change it.
I sent LM a PM a couple of days ago about it. No reply and not changed.

Sorry, didn't see your PM as I was in hospital having a heart operation and have only been out a couple of days, I've more to come I'm afraid. I have ask several things to be updated including all the forum links over a month ago but I understand the website is being changed or updated. We will have to see what happens. I have now sent the required change to the bottom of the page "The Old TomCat"
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:22 am

Hope you are recuperating well your ladyship. Like Spock, live long and prosper!
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:55 am

I've had an email conversation this morning with the department looking after the forum. I've requested the changes are made before the season starts with the forum links being the most important. Hope that answers some questions.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:Hope you are recuperating well your ladyship. Like Spock, live long and prosper!

Hear, hear.
Obviously unaware of news when I posted comment.
I will delete it.
Best wishes
OTC
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Hope you're on the mend soon LM, and don't forget how needed you are here to keep sorting us all out!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Heather, I assume you'll be getting a copy??

Hope you're okay.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NECbowler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Anybody know when the book will be dispatched having been ordered?
NECbowler
Youth
Youth

Postby stroud green » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Just an update on the book. We are anticipating a release date in October. The book is still available to pre-order by ringing the FGR reception and have your name added to the Subscribers page.

I have seen the first lay out and it looks great.

If anyone is interested, I was on BBC Glos yesterday talking about the book and FGR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05br5hw#play
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:08 pm

A very interesting and informative interview Shane, you came across well.

It's probably just over 30 minutes long and I would recommend a listen but you have to like "Madness" as they are Shane's favourite and several tracks are played.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby stroud green » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 am

An update on my book "We Are FGR" for people who have already pre-ordered or are going to buy it . It's been a long process getting everything together and a lot of hard work. However, the final pieces of the jigsaw was put together this morning. The final proof read will take place early next week and hopefully be signed off and sent to the printers. We anticipate it will be ready for sale four weeks from that date. In time for Christmas sales. I have had a sneak preview and it will be worth the wait.

Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Right, an update on my book.

We have had the first few back from the printers and it looks great. Unfortunately they will not all arrive in time for tomorrow's match.

We will be doing the book launch at the next home league match which is Crewe Alexandra on Saturday 18th November.

The rest of the books should be arriving sometime during the next week and those people who have pre-ordered will receive theirs in the post soon after.

Thanks for being patient but it's worth the wait.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team