Match thread from The New Lawn (Lincoln City)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Lincoln City)

Postby SNJ Ash » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
We all know that it isn't the majority of fans having a go, but from the players perspective, all they know is some have and that wlll hurt. Should it? Probably not but I suppose having got promoted they weren't expecting this.

And it's not about how many turn up, that's for the board to care about. I doubt the players care about the exact numbers. What matters most from their perspective is those that are there make noise and get behind the team.

Treat any member of a team harshly, and it affects them all. Also, I would say chanting names of players who have left/aren't in the team, whatever the intention, is going to be taken as a big f*** you to those that are on the pitch.

Bridges need to be built from both sides, it can't be "them and us" these are the players we have got and they are our only hope of improving. Backing all of them when they're on the pitch, even if they're behind, is the only thing fans can do to try and help.

Unfortunately the minority you are referring to probably don't read this forum.
Somehow you need to get the message across to them and make them see sense!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:39 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:

I'm beginning to think more and more that Liam Noble should not be captain, he's certainly no calming influence and perhaps he should be communicating more on the pitch which might do something to help general communication between players. I've now seen him sulk, stomp and argue, but seen none of the assets that a captain should have. Never mind his playing which, this year has been way off. Maybe we should have let him go when he wanted to rather than (allegedly) throw money at him to stay.

I think that one of the best things to turn this around would be to either give him a rest or replace him.

I don't agree with this. Noble is a key man in our set up. He hasn't become a bad player overnight and he needs our support until he gets back into form. Now is the time to get right behind him, chant his name and show the love. He'll be as frustrated as we are. Lets not take our frustration out on him, please.

I agree with Skunkman that Lincoln may get results but they are an ugly team and I too wouldn't choose to watch every week. Mind you I wouldn't want to see us trying to mimic the hoofing style we put on last night either. I'll put it down to the conditions that we hardly got a decent ball - that missed their defender's heads - into the box all night.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:The highlight of the night for me was watching the Lincoln fans get absolutely drenched. Never liked them horrible bunch.

That is an awful comment to make.
I met many of those came to game and all were decent people included many pensioners.
After game they had a four-hour trip back to Lincoln in sodden clothing.
I'd hate to be go to an away fixture and have similar experience.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:14 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:The highlight of the night for me was watching the Lincoln fans get absolutely drenched. Never liked them horrible bunch.

I met many of those came to game and all were decent people included many pensioners.

Remember chatting to same group of three Lincoln lads in The Green Man a couple years on the trot, they always used to get to the ground early. Good football banter. So with OTC on this.
Supporting local football #WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 pm

So why exactly couldn't the Lincoln fans get moved into the North Stand last night?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Seat C32 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 pm

I quite agree OTC. I think it was a disgraceful decision to make the away fans stand in the rain last night, By the way it looked as if they would have got wet even if thy were in the North Stand. However the offer to them should have been made, I remember when we went to Swindon in the FA cup when the heavens opened at about 2pm and we were all allowed into one end the covered stand. Just proves a bit of common sense goes along way. So the football is not the only thing that is going wrong this season.
Seat C32
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Reference Cowley and the Lincoln bench:
I was astonished in the manner they celebrated their team scoring.
I've seen managers in Wembley Cup Finals make less over-the-top celebrations than they did in what is a league game against a near bottom of table team.
And Cowley is the first away manager I know to turn round to the cheering home supporter's at time when FGR were threating the way goal and joke: "I had forgotten you were here."
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:38 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:That is an awful comment to make.

I've just had a look at their forum and someone has written a letter of complaint.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:39 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:Reference Cowley and the Lincoln bench:
I was astonished in the manner they celebrated their team scoring.
I've seen managers in Wembley Cup Finals make less over-the-top celebrations than they did in what is a league game against a near bottom of table team.
And Cowley is the first away manager I know to turn round to the cheering home supporter's at time when FGR were threating the way goal and joke: "I had forgotten you were here."

Lincoln lot are a decent bunch on the whole.

As for the Cowleys, that's one of the reason I think they're great.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:42 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:That is an awful comment to make.

I've just had a look at their forum and someone has written a letter of complaint.

As much as I felt sorry for them, away fans don't have to be covered, they don't have to be given seats. If someone is elderly etc they can be accommodated under cover in the main stand, as has been said on here before.

Wait until we're at Swindon and it's hammering down.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Was at Swindon when we played them away in the cup. Took nearly 2000 there, some were allowed under cover but the rest of us stood in the rain. Started hailstoning at one point as well. Brilliant day, even though we lost and got wet. Looking forward to going back there this season.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:58 pm

I've deleted or edited some of my posts.
When I woke up this morning I cringed. I have to stop posting after games and when drunk.

Cooper needs to make peace with all players and start a fresh and see if anyone can bring something different to the table. Sacking him wouldn't be the beat idea financially or for the team at the moment.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby mauler » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:06 pm

put a roof of some sort on the west stand and be a nice host to our visitors.

I thought we were all about doing things differently down the "Another Way"
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Mothy wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Remember chatting to same group of three Lincoln lads in The Green Man a couple years on the trot, they always used to get to the ground early. Good football banter. So with OTC on this.

I'm happy for you. The ones ive encountered are nothing but mutants. They got 3 points so should have been a happy trip home. I won't lose any sleep over It.
Also for those who have got North Stand season tickets how would they feel about moving.?
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Ninja Hamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm obviously disappointed with our current predicament.

I can't control it, not happy about it, but have been depressed over FGR too many times over the years so am trying to numb myself to it.

Things will get better. How is down to the players, manager and Dale. I'm sure none of them want to be in this position.

A few positive signs from last night.

I'm now a North stander, was a West bank and previously a lucky banker. Prefer the North Stand to the South Stand to be honest.
Ninja Hamster
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Greeners » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi
Phil_mitchell wrote:I've deleted or edited some of my posts.
When I woke up this morning I cringed. I have to stop posting after games and when drunk.

That sounds a bit like your chosen nom-de-plume, after all he suffers a bit from over indulgence.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm

FootieMan wrote:KGIii
EXACTLY
I watched Danny and Nicky more times than anyone else last season. I also happen to know them personally. I know their game plan and work ethic around match tactics That is why opposition and match officials do not like their style. And if they are not controlled effectively they will run the game their way to their advantage. It's called game management.

If they were the management team of my club I would love it. They get results when most wouldn't and believe you me I know the top managers who they have gone to work and study with since they took up management at Concord Rangers. They are insatiable to learn from those above them. Their,pre match planning is ruthless.

I didn't need to be there last night to know how they would influence the game. I warned everyone in my pre match post, which you kindly have quoted.

The higher up the footbal pyramid you climb those small, yet signification things, make all the difference. It doesn't come naturally for them, It is something they have learnt and practice to good effect.

Do the Cowleys still practice witchcraft, drown kittens and let down the tyres on old ladies cars? They seem to be accused of everything else. Surprised there wasn't a mob with flaming torches running onto the pitch at the end of the match.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Ninja Hamster wrote:
I'm now a North stander, was a West bank and previously a lucky banker. Prefer the North Stand to the South Stand to be honest.

Why though?

I was at TNL for the first time on Saturday and chose South Stand for atmosphere. I could see there were very few fans in the North and thought to myself:
I wonder why they prefer to be there when it's almost empty.
Would they not prefer to be here?!

As I would. So a genuine question because I'm interested.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Ninja Hamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
Ninja Hamster wrote:
Why though?

I was at TNL for the first time on Saturday and chose South Stand for atmosphere. I could see there were very few fans in the North and thought to myself:
I wonder why they prefer to be there when it's almost empty.
Would they not prefer to be here?!

As I would. So a genuine question because I'm interested.

I think you have answered it yourself, I prefer it a bit quieter, like to have a chat and a whinge with my makes without listening to other peoples commentary. Also I can get my tea without queuing for 25 minutes. If I had to move to the South Stand I would without too much fuss..... :shock:
Ninja Hamster
Trainee
Trainee

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team