Green Devils LIVE

All about our First Team

Re: Green Devils LIVE

Postby Mothy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:02 pm

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 covers digital content, including streaming services and that any service must meet the following standards; be satisfactory, fit for purpose, as described. If any one of the three are not met I have a claim under the Consumer Rights Act.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:03 pm

See from the match thread on the Morecambe forum theirs is working and they get video too. Not any bigger a club than us. Rubs it in really.
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Mothy wrote:The Consumer Rights Act 2015 covers digital content, including streaming services and that any service must meet the following standards; be satisfactory, fit for purpose, as described. If any one of the three are not met I have a claim under the Consumer Rights Act.

Yes, I think I'll be asking for a refund Monday. Enough's enough. Plenty of things I can be doing on most Saturday afternoons.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:10 pm

There have been many occasions when we've been without commentary for the start of matches and I've listened to every one apart from the two I attended.

But no service at all from start to finish is unnacceptable. Surely all those who subscribe and have been trying to listen should be refunded as soon as possible.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twoguns » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 pm

So glad I didn't bother subscribing. This would really frustrate me. Listen to updates from Jeff Stelling, yes I'd rather listen to Bob and the team but not investing in a service that doesn't deliver.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:18 pm

The sad thing is the Chief Executive has had weeks to sort this out but hey let's hope the vegans had a lovely party today while you wasted the afternoon in frustration wondering when the service would start.

I tried the service once and claimed a refund. Lots of nice words from Helen but clearly no real action taken or any kind of following up.

Face it folk you are a fan and therefore not a priority on the FGR stakeholder map.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Tddun » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:06 am

It's shocking really that the club haven't issued an apology (I haven't seen one anyway), only to those who have gone fishing for one by complaining.

I've mentioned the issues to the club weeks ago, and I was told things were changing with the service, and things should improve.
I'm not going to complain, I haven't lost money to the service.

But there's been about 10 issues with it now, and to not even tell people that they are trying to resolve the issues isn't good enough.

When I contacted the club I even offered to inform someone 10 minutes prior to kick-off if the radio service wasn't working. I was not taken up on the offer.
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby andymac26 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:47 pm

I find the lack of apology and explanation remarkable for a £45 service that doesn't work. I think this reflects really badly on the club. The impression is the club doesn't care. Shame.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:22 pm

My gut feeling is that we will get an explanation tomorrow. We do need to make sure that there are good lines of communication. As we have mentioned in other threads the current model is not right yet. As pitchfork pointed out the club are aware and they are putting people in place. Maybe it's worth them considering more transparency and ongoing dialogue with fans as apposed to business/service provider/marketting/customer services models which they may be more used to?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:29 pm

The club shouldn't be opening the service to subscribers unless they get it working properly. They would do themselves a favour by sorting it then offering a free match to everyone, not just subscribers, to prove it can cope work over 90 minutes.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:49 pm

I understand everyone's frustration and annoyance with this matter: the club believed they had cracked the tech issues but Saturday's failure in transmission proved this is not the case.

Guess it's similar to the team believing they had turned a corner after Cheltenham & Notts County and then it all went wrong against Newport. Well the team then came 'very good', hopefully 'Green Devils' will do the same.

I can assure you those who are I/C this area will be endeavouring to sort it out first thing tomorrow. I am aware this will not compensate for the unacceptable service that has been provided to date. Hopefully there will be a statement from the club to that effect.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRWill » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 pm

The continued errors are unacceptable and we're sorry this has happened again. I'll share a detailed update tomorrow and next steps, once we've talked it through with all constituent parties. Where it went wrong isn't important, it's the fact we have failed to provide you with what you expect.

Will
FGRWill
Youth
Youth

Postby andymac26 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:54 am

FGRWill wrote:The continued errors are unacceptable and we're sorry this has happened again. I'll share a detailed update tomorrow and next steps, once we've talked it through with all constituent parties. Where it went wrong isn't important, it's the fact we have failed to provide you with what you expect.

Will

.....and what a number of us exiles have paid a fair whack for, Will.
But appreciate this initial response and sentiment at least.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:14 pm

It's not just about the money and time wasted, it's about the matchday experience or should I say, lack of it.

I would love to attend every single game but am unable to, so the next best thing is to listen 'live'.
Afterwards, I feel as if I've been there, experiencing the same excitement and nerves as those in the stands. I know how we're playing, how individual players are doing and how well the crowd are supporting by listening and being involved in it all.

I so missed it on Saturday. It doesn't seem as if we even played. I've read match thread/reports and watched highlights but it's not the same.
Being part of it so important and makes such a difference to those who aren't fortunate enough to be there.

I need Bob for my weekly FGR fix to keep me going until I can see us play again.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGRWill » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Hello everybody.

It's 1pm on Monday and I'd hoped to give you a full update on what happened on Saturday with the failure of the commentary. We're as disappointed as you that we've had continued problems with the service, and I'm working with all involved (FGR team, BBC team and external supplier) to work out what caused the lack of coverage. As previously stated, what caused the failure is important to me/FGR so we can work out how to stop it happening again. I had believed we'd solved early teething troubles, so it's annoying to see this setback.

What matters most is you're not getting what you paid for, and that means we'll be making refunds where applicable - we'll make a further update here when we have it.

Will

Will Guyatt
Head of Communications
Ecotricity & FGR
will.guyatt@ecotricity.co.uk
FGRWill
Youth
Youth

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi Will, thanks for the (no update) update. I am lucky enough to have been able to get to the last two games, so have not had to rely on the radio.

Whilst I admit that as a business launching this service, fgr have broken some really key principals, for me it's not about the money or the service. It's about being part of a football club and It's about matchday

The emphasis here is on being in a club, being part of a group with a common goal. I think it's fair to say the business of fgr has a monopoly over me, for me it's not as simple as choosing another club or asking for my money back. We invest more than than the £50 of our radio service or the cost of our season tickets.

So again for me this isn't about complaining about the service, or celebrating how good the financial investment is from the owner. It is about how the business works with us moving forwards. I am looking forward to seeing how that relationship grows and is sustained and that is why It is good for me to see you on the forum.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 am

Yeah, much as I'm not made of money it's not that bothers me, but working abroad for most of this season really relying on the commentary to stay in touch and was delighted when I heard this service was going to be available. Frustrating to sit up late here local time only to find it's text updates from elsewhere only.
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Is somebody checking to see if this is going to be working tonight?

If not, can you please do so as soon as possible.

So we don't have to wait in anticipation all evening for something that isn't going to happen.

Thanks.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tddun » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm

NewForestRover wrote:Is somebody checking to see if this is going to be working tonight?

If not, can you please do so as soon as possible.

So we don't have to wait in anticipation all evening for something that isn't going to happen.

Thanks.

We can hope hey! Completely agree with you though, dosen't feel like they've played if I haven't heard the comms.. The highlights and text updates don't cut it..
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:45 pm

OMG! It's working!

Thank you so much for fixing it.

:)
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves