Postby dursleydog » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 pm

2-0 Macclesfield, thinking we might lose a bit of focus on this one
dursleydog
Reserves
Reserves

Re: FGR v Macclesfield [FA Cup]: match forecast

Postby Greeners » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi
dursleydog wrote:2-0 Macclesfield, thinking we might lose a bit of focus on this one

I hope OTC understands that.
The order of the scores looks like a home win, but the name Macclesfield followed by the comment looks like an away win forecast
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:41 am

Fgr 3 v 2 Macclesfield Playing the big team's in later rounds ie Man Utd away at Old Trafford please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby FootieMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 am

My footballing duties takes me to Hereford v Telford in the FA Cup. An all ticket sellout of around 5000, so I am led to believe.

Going back over the years FGR were minnows compared to these two clubs, so how times have changed but they still get a mass following which we cannot seem to generate, even though attendances are rising. If we were playing Hereford at ES today I doubt we would sell the full away allocation of 800?

I will obviously keep a watching brief on the Macclesfield game and perhaps the score line may well be the same as the first time the clubs played each other in the FA Cup, in that never to be forgotten encounter. Both the first match and the replay ended each 90 minutes level and that's how I see it today. Scott Wilson has blistering pace for The Silkmen and though he can be wayward with his shooting at times he always has an eye for the big occasion.

Best wishes.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 am

Greeners wrote:Hi
dursleydog wrote:2-0 Macclesfield, thinking we might lose a bit of focus on this one

The order of the scores looks like a home win, but the name Macclesfield followed by the comment looks like an away win forecast

Thanks Greeners, yes I had it down as a home win until read your remarks.
Now altered to a 0-2 away win for Macc
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:59 am

The Old TomCat wrote:
Greeners wrote:Hi

Thanks Greeners, yes I had it down as a home win until read your remarks.
Now altered to a 0-2 away win for Macc

my bad, meant to write 2-0 TO Macclesfield :D ill make it more clear in future
dursleydog
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Mothy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:52 am

FootieMan wrote:My footballing duties takes me to Hereford v Telford in the FA Cup. An all ticket sellout of around 5000, so I am led to believe.

Going back over the years FGR were minnows compared to these two clubs, so how times have changed but they still get a mass following which we cannot seem to generate, even though attendances are rising. If we were playing Hereford at ES today I doubt we would sell the full away allocation of 800?

I will obviously keep a watching brief on the Macclesfield game and perhaps the score line may well be the same as the first time the clubs played each other in the FA Cup, in that never to be forgotten encounter. Both the first match and the replay ended each 90 minutes level and that's how I see it today. Scott Wilson has blistering pace for The Silkmen and though he can be wayward with his shooting at times he always has an eye for the big occasion.

Best wishes.

You are a very very lucky FootieMan--- Match Sold Out - #BacktheBucks, Telford's allocation of tickets flew out from the New Bucks Head. Maybe because they are both pheonix clubs they put the fans and community at the heart of it all. Great organisation & pre- match information distributed for the fans. (Last week there was none from FGR only where to get hold of a Vegan Goodybag!....Unbelievable!) ---5 Coaches leaving in an hour or so from Telford, they have been subsidised by the part-time players. Telford sold their allocation and will be taking over 700 hundred fans. Telford still only get 1000-1400 home gate on average but people will start to come back because they are now playing some really good football again.

There is a great feeling, football is back on the rise in Shropshire, Telford after a sticky start have really turned it around (sounds familiar), good young manager in Rob Edwards, into everything. ---- Watch out for a Marcus Dinanga hatrick this afternoon!

Enjoy the match!
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Philpot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:14 pm

redunited wrote:FGR 2-2 Macclesfield

Can anyone confirm there is no extra time if level after 90 mins
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:34 pm

FGR 2 Macclesfield 1
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover