3 & 4G Pitches

For chat about all other topics

3 & 4G Pitches

Postby Greeners » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi
Some idiot home fan has just thrown an Incendiary bomb on their own pitch. at Hyde.
Fortunately the ref has declared the damage playable.

But, a good reason not to have pitches made of flammable material.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: 3 & 4G Pitches

Postby twoguns » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Not to mention Carcinogenic.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Or not have flares. Personally i love playing on 3g/4g (cus it makes me look like a better player :)).
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm

On the other hand artificial pitches are far more hard wearing, meaning they can be used throughout the week.

Talk to clubs like Sutton and Slough and they will tell you that their artificial pitches are key to their financial sustainability.

I read somewhere that the Chairman of Maidstone would mount a legal challenge to the EFL's ban on artificial pitches should they ever win promotion from the National League.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 pm

These pitches can become the hub of a community, providing soccer facilities for all age-groups, training sessions, competitions and local leagues, in addition to the club use for training, academy coaching,etc. The income provides a welcome addition to club finances, that can factored into future long-term planning.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi
Went to Curzon Ashton a couple of weeks ago for a Burnley U21 match v Leeds.
They have a nice, quality, grass pitch but the assistant referees strip is 3G which struck me as quite a good idea, particularly if you have a stand which drips water straight down on to the strip turning it into a mud slide in the depths of winter.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat