All about our First Team

Coops in running for top gong

Postby SNJ Ash » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 am

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Coops in running for top gong

Postby Tommo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 pm

He is deserving of fulsome praise for turning things around under pressure.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Fair play to him and the team, back when I was watching us v Cambridge on a cold Tuesday night I couldn't see Cooper turning this around but since notts county away we've been awesome, bar Newport county and he fully deserves his nomination, proved me and a few others wrong. Long may it continue!
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm

As someone posted he is a hard man to love and developing rapport with a crowd will probably always be a challenge for him.

Tremendous resilience by Coops.

Okay he may have a 5 year contract but some credit must go to Dale and the board for holding their nerve & backing their man too.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:53 pm

So pleased for him.
He deserves to win it.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:18 pm

It wouldn't be undeserved given the past month. However, we are by no means out of the woods yet.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dangers » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Yes Mark Cooper has definitely improved his man management after several catastrophes. I`m glad he has seen sense and re installed KMB (he may have been right in his assumptions that Keanue needed a better condition?). I`m just glad that all parties management, players and fans are on the same level and involved in a positive way. 3/4 weeks is a long time but a most productive time. Come on you ROVERS.
dangers
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:23 am

king giraffe III wrote:It wouldn't be undeserved given the past month. However, we are by no means out of the woods yet.

i think similarly on both counts-a long way to go yet ,but assuming he can keep fgr above water for the next 8weeks-if he does some recruiting in january-he can only do better than what he did in summer.
i still feel that quality is not quite good enough-and hence still share concerns about where fgr will be come april.

one month does not mean 'corner turned', but equally-can't do much better than the last month-but thats only one month out of a 9 month season ,and i remained 'frightened' of the level that the top 15/16 sides play at in this league
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:38 am

Fair play Coops - deserved in this case. Small stepping-stones will lead to a decent distance ramble.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 am

A season is a marathon, but the October sprint is worthy of a celebration - as Coops says, it was a team effort but he headed up the revival by his selections, tactics, hard work on the training ground and motivating the players. Six of the seven matches were good performances after some shockers the previous month. Newport was a weird one, but that one poor display should not detract from the achievements of the month as a whole.

There is tough competition from Port Vale’s Neil Aspin, Nathan Jones of Luton Town and Colchester United’s John McGreal. Luton and Colchester have certainly shown promotion form only losing once and PV, like FGR, have started to edge away from Chesterfield.

I suspect Nathan Jones will win it, but the nomination should give the players the boost they need going into the month of 'C's
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RyRover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:12 pm

From where we were and how we were playing it would be quite an achievement for MC to win this. Also beware of the curse that comes with this award!
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 pm

I think there's a strong case for MC to win it, just in terms of the scale of the turnaround.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Definitely a deserved nomination.

Obviously I am delighted with the results which have gone our way. But I am equally pleased with some of the other questions that MC has answered.

Could he make up with KMB? Yes.

Could he find a settled team? Yes.

Could he get us to take more shots on goal? Yes.

Could he appreciate the fans more? Yes (but still a work in progress and it works both ways).

I think MC is right when he says it's a collective effort, as it is. Osbourne has made a big difference as has KMB but you could go on. Fitzwater, Collins as captain, Collins in goal etc have all played their part. Osbournes presence seems to allow Drissa to play for longer too which is a massive benefit.

Times will get harder again, but Cooper's given us something to believe in and hopefully enough for us all to stick together for. I just hope that when mistakes happen and defeats come, as they will that we as fans and Mark as manager dont offer a knee jerk reaction. We need a settled team and approach and continued support.

We've had our introduction to league football. We know what it's about. Let's all move forward.

Come on you Rovers.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:35 pm

camel wrote:

Times will get harder again, but Cooper's given us something to believe in and hopefully enough for us all to stick together for. I just hope that when mistakes happen and defeats come, as they will that we as fans and Mark as manager dont offer a knee jerk reaction. We need a settled team and approach and continued support.

I pray for that too. We tend to change our minds as often as the weather...
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Pitchfork wrote:I suspect Nathan Jones will win it, but the nomination should give the players the boost they need going into the month of 'C's

As I expected Nathan Jones won it, hopefully on the back what Coops and the team did last month he will be nominated again after great performances in November.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Pitchfork wrote:As I expected Nathan Jones won it, hopefully on the back what Coops and the team did last month he will be nominated again after great performances in November.

Well done to Nathan.
Possibly a blessing in disguise that MC did not win.
An award so soon after FGR spent week's in relegation spot would be, in many people's minds, too early.
And then there is the MoM curse attached to award.
However November is a better and more sensible month for MC to be confirmed as a top manager at this level, when FGR are in mid-table.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team