New Stadium

For chat about all other topics

Re: New Stadium

Postby Timb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 pm

We hope to meet with FGR's planning team, in the New Year to run through progress on the stadium proposals.

Having checked the SDC web site and read the various articles about this and that, my understanding of the situation is as follows :-

The current application for the Stadium on the South side of the road and the Green Technology Hub on the North side is still active and hasn't been withdrawn.

A proposal to have just a stadium on the North side and no GTH has been mentioned but nothing unveiled yet. Its not clear whether this would be a new planning application, with the current stadium-GTH application withdrawn, or an amendment to the existing stadium-GTH application.

If its the latter then its a mighty big amendment and might cause its own difficulties rather than a new 2018 application with all reservations and objections faced and dealt with.

I understand that the application for housing on the current stadium site has or will be withdrawn for the time being. I'm pretty sure that there is a Sport England statutory objection to loss of sporting facility so that the residential application would be objected to on those grounds without a stadium application in tandem. I would also expect that any permission for new housing on the current stadium site would have a condition attached that no work could commence on the demolition of the old ground until the new one is up and running.

Hopefully all will become clear in 2018 and we can move forward.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Game Within » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:19 pm

THIS ON DALES FB PAGE THERE IS ALSO A PHOTO BUT NOT SURE I CAN COPY WILL TRY.
We’re just a few days away now from submitting revised plans for Eco Park, with all development on the North side and no green tech business park - to try and break the log jam.

Here’s an architects view of what it could look like. We’re hoping for outline planning consent in the New Year.
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 am

Are you able to upload "the view" ?
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:46 am

Dale Vince (@DaleVince)
15/12/2017, 13:20
"We’re just a few days away now from submitting revised plans for Eco Park, with all development on the North side and no green tech business park - to try and break the log jam. Hoping for outline planning consent in early 2018"

If you have Twitter, the view is in the link: pic.twitter.com/zzNJdXCrMt
Type the link into your browser, or go to Dale's twitter account.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:56 pm

"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Looks mighty fine. Hopefully the technical back up is there.

I'd be very happy to move there.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Timb wrote:Looks mighty fine. Hopefully the technical back up is there.

I'd be very happy to move there.

Looks great.

When we move, can we get rid of some the doom mangers too!! :evil:
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:30 am

No. And why should we.

We've all been around long enough to know that life in the Rose Garden is precarious. And we should never forget that.

Rock on.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm

For anyone interested there is now a multitude of new information on the Stroud District Council Web Site relating to the revised proposals for the new stadium.

To review go on to the SDC web site and planning application search, and the reference is S.16/0043/OUT, Football Stadium, Eastington Parish.

The stadium is now on the North side of the A417, with car parking and some pitches, and a second access exit out on to Grove Lane on the North side. There is no Eco Park anymore in the application. There is no work on the South side of the road.

Letters of consultation went out last week from SDC, and responses are likely to return towards the end of January, and then any issues that arise will need to be dealt with from there. It would be highly unlikley given the scale of the development that there will be no issues that arise that need to be dealt with, probably this spring.

So hopefully with a fair wind the application might go to the committee some time in summer 2018 at the earliest.

My take on a program to get to the stadium opening would be as follows :-

Once the outline permission is granted for the stadium junction access, the real detailed work starts, and I assume that all the buttons will be pressed to commence detailed design on the stadium itself, the training pitches and the car parking, and that a detailed planning application for the stadium will then be submitted perhaps by the end of 2018 or early 2019 ?

Then that will go through the planning process probably during 2019 and hopefully detailed planning approval would be granted by the end of that year.

Then construction tender documents will be prepared, and so on, and construction quotes sought from contractors, so that a contract might get placed towards the end of 2019 or early 2020 to build the stadium and complete the associated highway works. The cost of the undertaking will also then be identified.

Given the scope of the work a 2 year build program might be appropriate so that we might target a first game at the new ground in July 2021 (18 months) or July 2022 (30 months).

In the meantime we need to make sure that The New Lawn is kept up to scratch as we wait for the move.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

timescales you suggest look about right/sensible/realistic to me.

i still can't exactly work out the location.
where the road leads to the stadium-is that a new road entirely and prob roundabout between J13 and the shell garage.
I thought entrance would be somewhere near shell garage-but seems it is a new entrance closer to motorway ?-is that correct ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Think there is a model on the 2nd landing from the main entrance to the various suites' main corridor, m.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Tue May 01, 2018 10:20 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager