How much ⌚

All about our First Team

Re: How much ⌚

Postby Timb » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:45 pm

It's interesting flicking back one Christmas, then two, and looking back over people's posts. It reveals nothing other than that people have set ways of posting, especially when things aren't exactly going to plan.

Posts are repeated almost word for word, at the very least the same sentiment.

It's now 73 hours and Fifteen minutes till we kick off in Lincoln, weather permitting.

Keep calm and carry on.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Timb wrote:It's interesting flicking back one Christmas, then two, and looking back over people's posts. It reveals nothing other than that people have set ways of posting, especially when things aren't exactly going to plan.

It's now 73 hours and Fifteen minutes till we kick off in Lincoln, weather permitting.

Keep calm and carry on.

Yes timb it can be quite annoying when people just post the same inane sentiments over and over... best to just keep calm and carry on ;)
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

tommyd wrote:
Timb wrote:It's interesting flicking back one Christmas, then two, and looking back over people's posts. It reveals nothing other than that people have set ways of posting, especially when things aren't exactly going to plan.

Keep calm and carry on.

Yes timb it can be quite annoying when people just post the same inane sentiments over and over... best to just keep calm and carry on ;)

You beat me to it.

These countdown posts are particularly irritating as well. One imagines Timb sat in a lonely bedsit watching the clock whilst listening to an old Soft Cell 12" of Memorabilia on repeat.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Just under 19 hours to go.

And then we'll have another round of analysis in the making.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Timb wrote:Just under 19 hours to go.

And then we'll have another round of analysis in the making.

I collect, I reject
Photographs I took of you...
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RJBora » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:07 am

it's all keychains and snowstorms...

...and a fried slice.

wait, now I'm getting my early 80's references mixed up. :?
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Getting close now.

3 hours to go.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Monday's game will be interesting. :ugeek:

Just under 41 hours to go.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm

RJBora wrote:it's all keychains and snowstorms...

...and a fried slice.

wait, now I'm getting my early 80's references mixed up. :?

:lol:
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:20 pm

I think;

1) We were pretty fortunate to go up last season. We played much better in the play offs than we generally had through March and April.

2) It was mistakenly believed that many of the players who got us promoted were good enough for League 2.

3) Recruitment over the summer was poor. Whether this was lack of funds, players unwilling to come to us, or whatever.

4) We started the season with a very different defence, only Dale Bennett was a starter from the previous season. Cooper swapped and changed both players and formations, couldn't find a formula that worked and we constantly shipped goals. We had an improved run through October and November, but a lot of damage had already been done.

5) Now we are in a relegation dog fight. Some blame the manager, others the players, or a combination of reasons. Most on this forum seem to agree that we urgently need several players of higher quality or ability than we have in order to stay up.

6) Many now seem to be pinning their last hopes on a successful transfer window and improved results through the second half of the season, though a fair few seem to doubt that MC will get it right.

Personally, I don't think Mark Cooper is going anywhere. I think he will still be here in April and we will still be scrapping it out to stay up, possibly until the very last game of the season.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:52 pm

Well, in 24 hours time we'll have just witnessed the next round in our competition and then have a nice little discussion about the state of the team in 2018.

Looking forward to it
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team