Match thread from Sincil Bank (Lincoln City FC)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Sincil Bank (Link City FC)

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:
First in what way do I intend to deceive other, please explain.

The reason I have not been attending matches this season is because this year I have had 2 major heart operations and have more to follow. This will be followed by eye surgery to remove a cataract. In case you think that's a fraud I have all the paperwork for you. I start cardiac rehabilitation in a few weeks and then I can think about returning to matches.

Incase you didn't read - "Apologies if i'm wrong but it's my opinion that you like most people on this forum to believe that you're this huge FGR supporter when you don't even attend games."
As i said apologies if i'm wrong but this is my reason for calling you out as a fraud.

Completely understand why you haven't been attending - fair enough. However, it just makes me question why you are so vocal in shutting down the opinions of people who are attending and travel up and down the country every week. In fact, you've even gone to lengths to say they aren't "supporting" the club which is laughable

OK Irish-Rover, as of tonight someone else can take on the start of the match thread and team sheet, I've had enough of the abuse after defeats and it's just not worth it. I will of course keep my own website and stats going. That should make a few of the supporters happy.

Ok. I'd like to put Candy forward as the candidate to start future match thread posts and team sheets.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby nwrover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Good.... I’m fed up of being told how I should support the club.... after 50 years I think I should get to choose without being ‘told off’ by whoever .... if I want to say we are rubbish and bottom of the league then that is called

FREE SPEECH

People died to protect it

The club has become eat what I say you should eat, say what I say you should

Truly shocking .... surely fgr true fans of old you can see that for what it is and I don’t have to draw further historical parallels??!
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 pm

It's all gone a bit EastEnders, hope everyone's okay.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 pm

nwrover wrote:Good.... I’m fed up of being told how I should support the club.... after 50 years I think I should get to choose without being ‘told off’ by whoever .... if I want to say we are rubbish and bottom of the league then that is called

FREE SPEECH

Truly shocking .... surely fgr true fans of old you can see that for what it is and I don’t have to draw further historical parallels??!

This. Exactly this.

Tomiswalking wrote:It's all gone a bit EastEnders, hope everyone's okay.

LM's having an episode. Must be the menopause.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 pm

It'll all blow over. Always does. Such events are the stuff you expect when things aren't going well on the pitch.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby nwrover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm

It will all be deleted in the morning by the thought police here at the regime.....they always ignore the irony of deleting a post about deleting posts
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby garyjj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:
nwrover wrote:Good.... I’m fed up of being told how I should support the club.... after 50 years I think I should get to choose without being ‘told off’ by whoever .... if I want to say we are rubbish and bottom of the league then that is called

FREE SPEECH

This. Exactly this.

LM's having an episode. Must be the menopause.

I can't say what I want to say :lol:
Last edited by garyjj on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Most I've laughed reading a thread on this forum for a longtime! Some entertainment at last!!!!!
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby kennysarmy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 am

Dougal wrote:Most I've laughed reading a thread on this forum for a longtime! Some entertainment at last!!!!!

I think it's all rather sad....
kennysarmy
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:39 am

king giraffe III wrote:

It'll all blow over. Always does. Such events are the stuff you expect when things aren't going well on the pitch.

There is obviously some history between folk, but it seems a bit much to me :)

As well as a reflection of what's happening on the pitch, I think being on an official forum where nothing official ever really happens, is bound to be frustrating for all those involved.

I like the chat though and learn a lot from being here.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 am

After a long day yesterday to and from Lincoln, I have opened up the FGR Forum to find some regrettable exchanges. Some may find them amusing, others think it is fair game to post such insults. To my eye it is abuse and bullying - pure and simple.

Would anyone dare accuse anyone of being 'menopausal' to his or her face? Of course not. But hiding behind the anonymity of a posts makes some so brave. Oh, and then claim the defence of 'free speech'. Be ashamed, very ashamed. Have the guts to apologise

I hope Lady Magpie rises above the attacks and continues her consistently excellent service to this Forum. Aside from a minority whose posts would not be missed, the rest of us value her contributions
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:19 am

Chrisgump11 wrote:After a long day yesterday to and from Lincoln, I have opened up the FGR Forum to find some regrettable exchanges. Some may find them amusing, others think it is fair game to post such insults. To my eye it is abuse and bullying - pure and simple.

Would anyone dare accuse anyone of being 'menopausal' to his or her face? Of course not. But hiding behind the anonymity of a posts makes some so brave. Oh, and then claim the defence of 'free speech'. Be ashamed, very ashamed. Have the guts to apologise

I hope Lady Magpie rises above the attacks and continues her consistently excellent service to this Forum. Aside from a minority whose posts would not be missed, the rest of us value her contributions

Wait, what insult? You believe the natural and permanent cessation of mestruation to be an insult? Some people on here need their heads checked.

You've completely missed the point that certain people on this forum, who don't travel to games, yet still think they are entitled to berate other fans and claim theyre not supporters for voicing an opposite opinion to their own need a good look at themselves and at the current situation we find ourselves in.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:22 am

Have to agree with chrisgump, I don't mind a good old ding dong on the Internet but that's going too far, dodgy way to express yourself to an older woman and hope an apology will be forthcoming.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby Irish-Rover » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:27 am

The Jovial Forester wrote:Have to agree with chrisgump, I don't mind a good old ding dong on the Internet but that's going too far, dodgy way to express yourself to an older woman and hope an apology will be forthcoming.

:lol: that is all.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:28 am

The Jovial Forester wrote:Have to agree with chrisgump, I don't mind a good old ding dong on the Internet but that's going too far, dodgy way to express yourself to an older woman and hope an apology will be forthcoming.

You would tho wouldn't you
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:30 am

Anyway all this is doing is deflecting attention away from that Fact that this club is in crisis.
We are going down faster than katy price after a few sambuccas
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 am

is it double standards where one thread alleges that Cooper has acted unprofessionally, but in a parallel thread there are participants indulging in an element of mudslinger which us non participants read and either abhor or enjoy the 'entertainment.'

i wish people would use the pm system to declare/resolve their personal issues
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:34 am

Phil_mitchell wrote:Anyway all this is doing is deflecting attention away from that Fact that this club is in crisis.
We are going down faster than katy price after a few sambuccas

i think most of the time ,we may be seeing things differently-,but on the last day of 2017, that goes down as quote of the year to me-respect
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Referee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 am

Good morning.

Please return this thread to discussion about the match, else it will be locked.

You are all reminded of the forum rules.

Thank you.
Referee

Postby fgr2016 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:40 am

After studying the FB and these pages

1) I suspect there are a number of Lincoln fans who are in both pages pretending to be FGR or are Lincoln looking in order to incite arguments. And FGR fans are falling for it hook line and sinker. You just have to look at the language these fans are demonstrating on these pages to see how there appears to be quite a nasty contingent of Lincoln fans who look to cause trouble... And we wonder why so many hanging around the away team bus....

Their behaviour has been outrageous and we are busy taking our own club to task...it is somewhat self defeating.

2) the anti Cooper brigade have managed to reemerge and using it to shout Cooper out again... Over an incident they did not see, experience and to which there is no reliable account (the one from the fan allegedly involved who claims it was their son who shouted out... But then goes on to state how he violently attacked the bus...inconsistent and weird yet people have also bought that as gospel too!?) ....I wonder why they still support FGR...theres skepticism and then there is creating at atmosphere that the club doesn't need right now.

We need greater unity and that involves informing those who consistently look to attack the club Cooper at al that their precense is not welcome.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team