Omar off?

All about our First Team

Omar off?

Postby FGR123 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Omar just posted this on Instagram:-

omarbugiel2017 has been a special year! Playing for @worthingfc at the start of the year but also signing my first professional contract for @fgrfc_official in February. Unbelievable Achievement getting promoted into the Football League & also making my International Debut few weeks ago! Unfortunately most people only see the pretty side of football but as a players when it’s going against you it’s the worst time you can imagine. A few things will change soon and I’m hoping they will be positive. Excited to see what 2018 brings...Happy New Year everyone

With his recent lack of first team appearances could we be saying goodbye?
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Omar off?

Postby The Running Rover » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:17 pm

Certainly sounds like it. Shame, as I really thought he could do it at L2 level.
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:19 pm

Possibly, but don't see that much in that post.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:39 pm

It sounds like he's off. That would be a great shame but he Just hasn't looked the same player this season.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 am

I hope it is just Omar staying positive. Still plenty of potential but his touch and ball control needs to improve. Hope he stays focussed and takes what chances come his way
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Grubb seems like a direct replacement to me. I don't think MC has got enough out of Bugeil's strength but I also think he had too much to learn in too few minutes on the pitch to be really useful at this level. Hopefully he will go out on loan and return even stronger and with a better touch at the end of the season.

With Iacovitti, Gomes, Randall and probably Bugeil gone there is room for the new guys. I expect Brad Collins, Evans, James and Roberts are also looking at their positions - who knows. Laird has also disappointed.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby welshrover » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:03 am

Omar has just said on Snapchat that he is off. Wouldn’t say where, just that it would be announced soon. Shame as he hasn’t been given much of a chance this season.
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 pm

I see he's joining Bromley on loan until end of season.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Mothy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Good luck to Omar. Needs to improve his first touch...but liked his directness. Hope he comes back.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Chrisgump11 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:56 am

Good move for all I think. As Mothy says, he needs to sharpen his first/second touch and regular starts with a winning club will help
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:59 am

Best of luck Omar, hope to see you back at TNL a much improved player. Will keep one-eye on Bromley's performances, hope you do well.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 am

GETCARTER wrote:Best of luck Omar, hope to see you back at TNL a much improved player. Will keep one-eye on Bromley's performances, hope you do well.

Exactly. Couldn't get enough playing time with us but maybe he can come back stronger. If Doidge leaves then that may need to be sooner rather than later.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:58 am

Just what he needs. 15 minute appearances when we are a goal down and chasing the game are no way to get the sharpness that he needs.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team