Sack the manager

All about our First Team

Sack the manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Mr Vince have you got where you are today from employing absolute clowns. Sack the bloke before it's gets even more rotten.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Sack the manager

Postby steve0b » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:30 pm

With over half the season gone its obvious he is not up for the job......

Managers are judged on results all over the world .... are results are garbage!!!!!!!!
steve0b
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm

I would keep Lindsay and have Bartlett working with him
Last edited by 20yrs and counting on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:35 pm

The players sent us a message today. Without u know who on the pitch and u know who sat on the bench they produced one of their best 45 mins of the season. Says it all really.q
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby montyc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Spot on, best 45 for some time. Just shows it's not the players at fault, look at the leader.
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby King George » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Let's all remember Cooper is on a 5 year contract? That means if he does sack him he'll have to pay off another 3 years! Will he be willing to do that, also who will he replace him with?
King George
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 pm

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but after today, the only thing that can save us will be for the Coopers to go.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:52 pm

Time for MC to go.

Take Lindsay and Charlie with him, so they can live happily ever after playing useless, sideways football. No discipline, no tactical knowledge, pathetic transfer window over the summer. I just can't see where we're going, especially if players like Whittle are what we're looking at. I don't know how certain it is, but I've also heard that we're looking at someone in a bottom three National League side.

Still, DV is obviously delighted with what's going on.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:56 pm

How embarrassing, I really don't want either of them representing me or the club anymore. That's because i like people to behave well.

More importantly though we are bottom of the league because we aren't being managed properly, there are no other excuses to be made.

Buying more players may mean that we win a few more games. Purposefully ignoring the underlying problem now is setting us up for a long term failure.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:Mr Vince have you got where you are today from employing absolute clowns. Sack the bloke before it's gets even more rotten.

As i've said in several occasions Mike, if any of Dales' other managers at Ecotricity performed like Cooper they would have gone 4 months ago, no coincidence we actually started playing like a football team when he got sent off, I cant be too hard on Charlie, because his dad is the one who plays him week in week out and puts enormous pressure on him when he probably needs a more low key approach, however, I can blame Charlie being reckless with the stamp today, it cost us dearly. Dale has a simple choice...go down with the clown, change now and take a chance, think if we had a ballot i would know how that would pan out!! We would rather go down fighting the cause and playing proper football, than tippy tappy out from the back dross!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

King George wrote:Let's all remember Cooper is on a 5 year contract? That means if he does sack him he'll have to pay off another 3 years! Will he be willing to do that, also who will he replace him with?

i will start the whip round if thats what it takes!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Green Jimmy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:41 pm

doggy wrote:
King George wrote:Let's all remember Cooper is on a 5 year contract? That means if he does sack him he'll have to pay off another 3 years! Will he be willing to do that, also who will he replace him with?

i will start the whip round if thats what it takes!!!

A manager on a five year contract who is sacked is not entitled to the remaining five years of his pay. Instead, the sacked manager is paid the contract agreement on an early release. This would normally be around 3-6 months of wages. Certainly not 3 years of pay
Green Jimmy
Trainee
Trainee

Postby The Cumbrian » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:54 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:The players sent us a message today. Without u know who on the pitch and u know who sat on the bench they produced one of their best 45 mins of the season. Says it all really.q

Exactly, Mark Cooper has to go, the lesson from today's game is plane to see. I'm quite prepared for junior to stay but the current father/son situation is bad for the team and bad for the boy as well.

Well done to the players for a heroic effort, I hope those Wycombe fans had strong underwear.

Can we crowd fund a contribution to his severence?
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tewkesburygreen » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Gross Mis conduct would cost the club very little .
On 2 occasions in days cooper has acted like a complete moron . Hang your head in shame man .
Do the right thing dale at get rid .
I’ve herd Reuben Reid from Exeter is hotly tipped to join . We will see
Cider me up babba
Tewkesburygreen
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Laughing stock those flowers at Cheltenham laughing at us all especially you Vince get a grip listen to the fans for goodness sake
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:07 pm

We’re making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Well done Mark and Charlie Cooper.
Over to you Vince. I know what I’d do.
#laughingstock
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby whoisit » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Got a feeling the time has come even for MC to admit he has lost it .We might see a head line Cooper and FGR part company with no sacking or MC leaving mentioned .A little hand shake and an envelope maybe. here's hoping.
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twinkletoes » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:25 pm

How can a manager preach discipline to his players when his record is one of the worst at the club. He and his son are both disgraces. Didn't agree with booing Charlie Cooper when his name was announced before match but certainly can't oppose booing when he was walking off after red card.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Where are the mods tonight? This thread has been up longer than 10 seconds.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:29 pm

I reckon the mods agree.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to FGR First Team