Sack the manager

All about our First Team

Re: Sack the manager

Postby Tim13 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Where are the mods tonight? This thread has been up longer than 10 seconds.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Perhaps they agree with us now; surely most sane people would!

Tim
Tim13
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Tim13 wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:Where are the mods tonight? This thread has been up longer than 10 seconds.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Perhaps they agree with us now; surely most sane people would!

Tim

LM is in a huff and the others only work office hours. ;)
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twinkletoes » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:01 pm

Wouldn't Dale sack a manager at Ecotricity for gross misconduct? What is the difference at a football club?
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tim13 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Wouldn't Dale sack a manager at Ecotricity for gross misconduct? What is the difference at a football club?

Couldn't agree more.

Tim
Tim13
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Wouldn't Dale sack a manager at Ecotricity for gross misconduct? What is the difference at a football club?

He understands business, not football.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:51 pm

We are in the football league for the first time in our history and saved the club from bankruptcy and willing to underwrite a new stadium.

Don't bite the hand that feeds.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby gooseman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Get shot. The toxic environment that has engulfed the whole club.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:02 pm

fgr2016 wrote:We are in the football league for the first time in our history and saved the club from bankruptcy and willing to underwrite a new stadium.

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

I think you are talking about the chairman. This thread on the forum is about the manager.

People are aiming to encourage vince to sort it out for us. Not asking Vince him to leave!
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Despite posting on this thread I am not going to call for anyone to be sacked, least of all the manager, it is not within my gift.

I would just urge Dale to sit down tonight with a large sheet of paper and write down on one side the cost of relegation if we finish where we are at the end of the season, not just financial but also the reputation he has staked on the club. If we go down all those wonderful media people who were ushered up to the ground to conduct interviews with all and sundry, about how we were doing things a different way and in a sustainable and ethical manner, will be beating the door down to point out that another way may be nothing more than a cul-de-sac and that original may be best.

On the other side list everything that needs to be done to retain our status, I think we saw a little evidence of that in the second half today when the players appeared free to make their own decisions about how they wanted to play, we made a team challenging for promotion look fairly ordinary at times. If what has been written in the first column causes sufficient concern, which I suspect it might, then some or all of what is written in the second must be acted upon.

We still have nearly half a season left to turn things around, we are not yet sunk without trace, but the decisions made now will affect the future of the club for many years ahead. Be brave!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby michael » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 pm

I think you are talking about the chairman. This thread on the forum is about the manager.

People are aiming to encourage vince to sort it out for us. Not asking Vince him to leave!

you may be right T is W-but forums stray into other territory-and i unfortunately also read this thread (and many others ) suggesting that there is a largish minority who do not appreciate Mr Vince's contribution
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Ahh I see, well I'm not one and I doubt all the fans chanting 'cooper out' just before he was sent off are either.

The majority just want to stay up and have a friendly club to be part of. Cooper is currently threatening both of these things.

Vince is not, fans are calling out to him at the game today and the forum for his help to sort this out.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:17 pm

There were a couple of responses here that are attacking DV and I was responding to those.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:20 pm

I wonder what Ade Pennock thinks of it all ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Given that Barrow are 20th... Probably not that much.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 pm

michael wrote:I wonder what Ade Pennock thinks of it all ?

Ady Pennock was sent off to the stands ... quite a coincidence

And Ethan Pinnock scored the winner AGAIN for Barnsley!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:Laughing stock those **** at Cheltenham laughing at us all especially you Vince get a grip listen to the fans for **** sake

Cheltenham have got their own Problems, Gary Johnson hinted when asked about is team on glos radio
tonight he only needs 25 new players. he's having a laugh.
candy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 pm

I'd have pennock back tomorrow. He'd sort this shower out.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Because Pennock did a fantastic job at Gillingham....hes really turning Barrow around....

There is rose tinted spectacles and then there's flat out hallucination ;)
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby montyc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Seems young Cooper suffers the same problem as his dad, uncontrollable anger when things go against them. If DV is not going to sack Cooper senior then he should send them both on anger management courses would be good for the football club as well themselves.
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby Referee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:14 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Tim13 wrote:

Tim

LM is in a huff and the others only work office hours. ;)

Not true. Other mods are fans and don't appreciate "lets' bait the mods" as a game. We do this because we love the club and want the best for it.

We helped set the rules to try to ensure there would be a fair forum, and that is what we are here for. Most of us are not Ecotricity employees, but fans that care about this club. We have a section where contentious threads can be moved to, out of the public eye, to be considered by more than one mod. We chat about descisions.

As for this thread, the title is imflamatory and directly refers to an employee. There are other ways of expressing the sentiment. Please consider them. At some time this thread may be moved away from public eyes, but in the meantime, however angry or upset or concerend you are, players and managers are real people, however flawed you might think they are.

As for the reference to LM, the Referee account was set up to stop personal attacks related to moderation.

Thank you.

Referee.
Referee

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team