Wycombe Wanderers (H) Match Thread

All about our First Team

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (H) Match Thread

Postby welshrover » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:27 am

twinkletoes wrote:How frustrating for us supporters watching Cooper's inept signings perform. Laird, one of his under-performers took a free kick in first half and I remarked to fellow fans in South Stand, watch him over hit the ball and put it in the stand, which he proceeded to do. A dead ball situations with no pressure and he couldn't deliver for the umpteenth time this season, pathetic.

Him along with Roberts would be 1st out if I was in charge.
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 am

Highlights here http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -2-wycombe

How can Cooper protest that that challenge was a red card? Terrible.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby redrobin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 am

Actually, having seen the incident, not sure it wasn't accidental .
Seemed to be off balance and trod on the player to stay upright.
can't beat a good rib - eye !
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Postby rallyrover » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 am

The double sending off made the BBC1 news at 5.22am this morning.
Not sure if this is the way I want the club to make the news.. :oops: :oops:
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.
rallyrover
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 am

Second half was a bit better but that means very little, we need results.

Not being in the anti-Cooper brigade made this game pretty b***** horrific for me tbh, as things went embarassingly awry. Awful first half, some woeful defending, Charlie suffered from dogs abuse (as did Collins) which was poor and uncomfortable to witness, but then lost his rag which was also poor, Mark getting sent off as well just rubbed salt into the wounds.

Desperately want MC to turn this around, big fan of him as a player, got us promoted and have always found him fine to talk to, so it's pretty devastating to see things going this badly.

At least Dillon Phillips is a good signing by the looks of it, need a few more in that vein.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 am

Kentstripe wrote:Second half was a bit better but that means very little, we need results.

Not being in the anti-Cooper brigade made this game pretty b***** horrific for me tbh, as things went embarassingly awry. Awful first half, some woeful defending, Charlie suffered from dogs abuse (as did Collins) which was poor and uncomfortable to witness, but then lost his rag which was also poor, Mark getting sent off as well just rubbed salt into the wounds.

Desperately want MC to turn this around, big fan of him as a player, got us promoted and have always found him fine to talk to, so it's pretty devastating to see things going this badly.

My condolences to you and yours. It must have been a heart breaking 90 minutes for you, with your two poster boys being mistreated so badly by the fans and the officials. I've popped the card next to the water bowl outside of their front gate.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby richmond » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:46 am

Interesting quote from Scott Lindsey that the players should be 'braver'. It is very difficult in any walk of life to be brave if you are being constantly criticised by those who should be supporting and encouraging you. This is not to say that any player should be exempt from criticism, but that this should be tempered with a subtle recognition that each man is a different personality and needs handling in different ways.

Again in any walk of life, family, business, teaching, those in positions of authority are crucial role models. They set the tonal quality for everything which takes place in the system. Is it significant that there was a considerable change (perhaps in bravery) in the second half of yesterday's match?

Many years ago when I was angry with my adolescent daughter, (and I knew that I was in the wrong), she said Dad this has nothing to do with me, but is all yours! How many of us have had to have these lessons in humility and consequent challenge to change, without which relationships cannot prosper.
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:59 am

I have ever been supporting angry after a game before. Waking up today I'm still annoyed but not as much. Having a few beers and posting after a defeat doesn't go well.
On previous threads I've said I wanted cooper to succeed and that we shouldn't sack him. But after yesterday I've lost all faith In football and FGR. You could sign Messi and Ronaldo and I still think we'd struggle.
Prove me wrong and make me eat humble pie. If we stay up I'll have my chest waxed and let the players do it!!
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Jokerman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 am

Good post Miker,we are all struggling at the minute.

KG 111 is having a job to keep up with it all,must spend half his life on here.
Jokerman
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:02 pm

king giraffe III wrote:My condolences to you and yours. It must have been a heart breaking 90 minutes for you, with your two poster boys being mistreated so badly by the fans and the officials. I've popped the card next to the water bowl outside of their front gate.

It is heartbreaking, because I am desperate for FGR to win games whoever the manager and don't enjoy seeing us struggling badly whilst our own management and players are taking abuse off our own fans. I do accept that if your bottom of the league the manager will get abuse. It was still pretty unpleasant to witness though, especially the stuff directed at Collins and Cooper jnr, two young lads whose confidence is shot.

I've been a fan for many years and was a big admirer of MC as a player, and appreciate what he's trying to do as a manager footballing wise, but I'm not delusional and yesterday was embarrassing and difficult to defend.

It certainly isn't easy to be an FGR fan at the minute, especially one who is prepared to back the manager.

One thing that it is very easy to be though, is a condescending smug little keyboard warrior like yourself, who constantly looks to bash the club whether it be on here or all over social media and attempt to bully certain individuals who happen to share a different opinion to yourself, such as OTC.

I fully sympathise and respect that many genuine fans are getting to the end of their tether with how things are going at the minute and want to see a change of manager, it happens at every struggling club especially one bottom of the league, but people like yourself who are clearly loving every single minute of this as it means you can look clever do nothing but cause damage and get no respect from me whatsoever.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Well said, Kentstripe. Some people post on here to discuss the football and give reasonably held opinions, but unfortunately some are more interested in making personal and derogatory comments about others who don't share their point of view. Hiding behind a keyboard, this comes across as cowardly and seems to be becoming more prevalent.
Nick
Trainee
Trainee

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:My condolences to you and yours. It must have been a heart breaking 90 minutes for you, with your two poster boys being mistreated so badly by the fans and the officials. I've popped the card next to the water bowl outside of their front gate.

It is heartbreaking, because I am desperate for FGR to win games whoever the manager and don't enjoy seeing us struggling badly whilst our own management and players are taking abuse off our own fans. I do accept that if your bottom of the league the manager will get abuse. It was still pretty unpleasant to witness though, especially the stuff directed at Collins and Cooper jnr, two young lads whose confidence is shot.

I've been a fan for many years and was a big admirer of MC as a player, and appreciate what he's trying to do as a manager footballing wise, but I'm not delusional and yesterday was embarrassing and difficult to defend.

It certainly isn't easy to be an FGR fan at the minute, especially one who is prepared to back the manager.

One thing that it is very easy to be though, is a condescending smug little keyboard warrior like yourself, who constantly looks to bash the club whether it be on here or all over social media and attempt to bully certain individuals who happen to share a different opinion to yourself, such as OTC.

I fully sympathise and respect that many genuine fans are getting to the end of their tether with how things are going at the minute and want to see a change of manager, it happens at every struggling club especially one bottom of the league, but people like yourself who are clearly loving every single minute of this as it means you can look clever do nothing but cause damage and get no respect from me whatsoever.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Nick wrote:Well said, Kentstripe. Some people post on here to discuss the football and give reasonably held opinions, but unfortunately some are more interested in making personal and derogatory comments about others who don't share their point of view. Hiding behind a keyboard, this comes across as cowardly and seems to be becoming more prevalent.

If your referring to me then I never hide behind a keyboard. And I'm always available to face anyone who I upset or who disagrees with me.
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:And I'm always available to face anyone who I upset or who disagrees with me.

As am I. Doubt Giraffe is though.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:40 pm

No Phil, I know you are a true and long-serving fan. It's not you that this comment refers to.
Nick
Trainee
Trainee

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:And I'm always available to face anyone who I upset or who disagrees with me.

As am I. Doubt Giraffe is though.

I'll happily laugh at you in person. :lol: :lol: :lol:
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:19 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:23 pm

And the first photo is...
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:And the first photo is...

Yeah! Did you see picture 5? I nearly fell off my chair - he can smile, he can actually smile! Perfect for a caption competition...

"Yeah I know... a five year contract!"
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Dougal wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:And the first photo is...

Yeah! Did you see picture 5? I nearly fell off my chair - he can smile, he can actually smile! Perfect for a caption competition...

"Yeah I know... a five year contract!"

Game over you have won with that caption. I was going to say the same.
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team