'We'll be better for adversity,' Vince

All about our First Team

Re: 'We'll be better for adversity,' Vince

Postby tommyd » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 pm

I am no fan of mc, I think he's arrogant and his biggest issue is he is really poor with the fans BUT I think dale has done the right thing here, no point in sacking him now, risking completing the new signings and getting a new manager in who would then be stuck with the players we have anyway who unfortunately aren't good enough. The time to sack him would have been weeks ago and that little run in November saved cooper. Let him make the signings, see what he can do and if it's still the same come Feb then roll the dice.

I would like to say to dale or mark or anyone that will listen, that if we are to stay up EVERYONE needs to stick together, meaning mark HAS to work on his relationship with the fans. We want to back him but he makes it flipping difficult! Come out and appologise for the sending off. Nothing wrong with passion but direct it in the right way. He needs to man up a bit and show some humility.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 pm

tommyd wrote:I am no fan of mc, I think he's arrogant and his biggest issue is he is really poor with the fans

For me the biggest issue seems to be that he doesnt appear to manage his players too well at times, and tactics seem to be rather too predictable. All teams know we like to play out from the back, so no surprise that we give a lot of goals away from there. It was develloping that way through last season too.

Re Plastic- I dont get the version relayed here, some of the most ardent fans of teams are the exiles, ones who supported their team for years, and have had to move, or followed their Dads team etc. To change team according to the area that the person lives in is more plastic surely than supporting their team of many miles away :?

Dont really see the point of the insult anyway :oops:
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 am

Its easy for languaging to be mis-interpreted when being interviewed-and no-one gets it exactly right when 'on the spot'. but as Mothy points out on the first page of this thread,there is a lot of 'thinking going on,which isn't necessarily the same as the doing .

thinking -just like could/should are meaningless fluffy words.
doing gets results.

that all given, i similarly want Mr Cooper to stay on.
He has been awful for first 5 months of season-and i just don't believe anybody can get things so wrong twice.

Yes-he should be 'punished' but that would simply worsen the situation.
I am sure he is hurting deeply-and as such-will get this better in second half of season
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 am

Come on everyone you have heard Dale Vince about where he stands.He said 4 or 5 new player's
will come in the transfer window he's sticking with the manager. Please DON'T upset the player's
whilst the game is in play your only pulling our team down. Let's hope the manager can do some
work with the new and old player's and fight to stay in the league 2..........
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:30 am

tommyd wrote:I am no fan of mc, I think he's arrogant and his biggest issue is he is really poor with the fans BUT I think dale has done the right thing here, no point in sacking him now, risking completing the new signings and getting a new manager in who would then be stuck with the players we have anyway who unfortunately aren't good enough. The time to sack him would have been weeks ago and that little run in November saved cooper. Let him make the signings, see what he can do and if it's still the same come Feb then roll the dice.

I would like to say to dale or mark or anyone that will listen, that if we are to stay up EVERYONE needs to stick together, meaning mark HAS to work on his relationship with the fans. We want to back him but he makes it flipping difficult! Come out and appologise for the sending off. Nothing wrong with passion but direct it in the right way. He needs to man up a bit and show some humility.

I agree with all of this. MC only has one style it seems and if he softened a bit and showed a bit of humility it would start to build a few bridges. We all (well, nearly all) want him to succeed. Well done Dale for coming out in this difficult time and communicating.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm

In the interview did I really hear him say that if we do get relegated, then we just get promotion again, as we've already done it once?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:29 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:In the interview did I really hear him say that if we do get relegated, then we just get promotion again, as we've already done it once?

i can actually buy into that-and in a perverse way-does have some appeal-and if nothing else -a cause for this optimism thing that others go on about and reads so well on paper.

so you get a parachute payment- and more publicity upon the seconf promotion.
good idea if you ask me.

(i think i did post this 'conspiracy theory ' about 3 months ago.

does have genuine appeal though
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:43 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:In the interview did I really hear him say that if we do get relegated, then we just get promotion again, as we've already done it once?

I thought that too. Combine that with the lack of worry about our league position... Not his bullish talk. Makes me wonder if what happens on the pitch is a secondary agenda.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Old Git » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 pm

I think we are just singing from different hymn sheets. If you are a footie fan you want to win games and be successful. We then get very upset when we are rock bottom in the league. If you are a Vegan idealist who who owns the only professional Vegan club probably in the world. You are in a league of one and are always top of the league. A little adversity is ok because next year we will still be top of the league. Simples.
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm

king giraffe III wrote:

I thought that too. Combine that with the lack of worry about our league position... Not his bullish talk. Makes me wonder if what happens on the pitch is a secondary agenda.

But it is Veganuary at The New Lawn!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

He was asked the question." what would happen if we got relegated" How else was he supposed to respond? We would slide down the leagues in freefall? I would walk away and bankrupt the club ? Surely the answer he gave was the only one he reasonably could have.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby mauler » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Obviously channelling some Field Marshall Slim defeat into victory....Good stuff
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby man_of_kent » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:11 pm

king giraffe III wrote:

Bl***y hope its secondary on his agenda!!!!! We need Ecotricity to be successful or else we are definitely facing consecutive relegations and into relative football oblivion!!
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 pm

man_of_kent wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Bl***y hope its secondary on his agenda!!!!! We need Ecotricity to be successful or else we are definitely facing consecutive relegations and into relative football oblivion!!

I don’t think the point here is Ecotricity, it’s putting all the vegan stuff before the football team, think that’s people’s gripe.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Let's have loads more adversity and then we will be brilliant. Got it. :roll:
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby welshrover » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 pm

michael wrote:

i can actually buy into that-and in a perverse way-does have some appeal-and if nothing else -a cause for this optimism thing that others go on about and reads so well on paper.

so you get a parachute payment- and more publicity upon the seconf promotion.
good idea if you ask me.

(i think i did post this 'conspiracy theory ' about 3 months ago.

does have genuine appeal though

I’m starting to buy into this too, brings a lot of publicity to Ecotricity / FGR again. That’s what this media circus welcomes.
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:52 pm

Genuinely LOL KGIII. Thats some conspiracy.

I agree with the common sense put up by NB.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Timb wrote:Genuinely LOL KGIII. Thats some conspiracy.

I agree with the common sense put up by NB.

Wha'? I genuinely think you're confusing me with someone else. That wasn't my conspiracy theory and I think it's as ludicrous as you do!
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team