Mark Coopers future at Rovers

All about our First Team

Re: Mark Coopers future at Rovers

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 am

While I admire MC's footballing principles I fear they may be doomed to failure at this level with this squad of players.

You can't score without having the ball and we don't have enough guys who can scrap and win it back as well as play keep-ball.

Case in point is Reece Brown who was manhandled off or away from the ball under the ref's nose all day long on Saturday. Wycombe wouldn't be able to do that against a Lincoln or Newport.

Our other big problem in my view is a lack of movement when going forward.

I just hope MC can prove me wrong over the next 20 games but at present I struggle to see where 25 points are coming from.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 am

Saddest aspect of all for me was chatting to Sam Russell who was in the Carole Embrey with his family all match on Saturday. Ordinarily it would have delighted me to see him with his wife and first offspring. But all I felt was despair

What must he have thought about young Bradley's continuing nightmare? And what emotions are stirred by his being discarded for the second time in 3 years after dazzling in 2016/17. I simply cannot fathom how this situation has served FGR other than badly
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 pm

couldn't agree more CG.

then pre-match on saturday when announcing the team v wycombe-MC advises us that Sam Russell is injured;but if reported correctly (which it may not be ) i read that SR says he is fit .

its just all weird to me
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

He did that before with Keanu though.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 pm

I am now firmly in the "Cooper is not the man for the job" camp for a number of reasons,

His attitude and behaviour, this is transmitted down to the team resulting in numerous sending offs and on pitch brawls.

His continuous use of tactics that his players are not up to.

His poor signing record, at this rate if we sign 6 players chances are only 1 or 2 will be in the side come March.

His inability to see the blindingly obvious.

Playing his son in the side, his behaviour on Monday demonstrated his nepotism, and the stats around him playing are there for all to see, in meaningful fixtures, without Charlie W3 D3 L1, Since his return W0 D0 L6. I am NOT saying this is because he's a bad player, but because it spreads a toxic atmosphere.

Despite several good starts, I don't think he has had a long successful run with any club.

My prediction: New players will have an impact, Charlie suspended for 3 games, a decent run for 3 or 4 games - Charlie returns, some new players are not up to it / displease Cooper and are sidelined / or get fed up of his antics, we are back where we started.

I really hope only the first part of that is right.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 pm

In reply NW Rover:

What light through transfer window shines?

'tis the beast, and Charlie is his son.

Move on, fair son, and kill the envious hordes,

Who are already sick and pale with disbelief

That thou, the son, art far more wise than he.

Kg111 can psychoanalyse that one. (William's ghost writer.) ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks Cumbrian I was hoping someone would do the maths around the CC factor .... it's pretty much what I was expecting but when you see it in black & white it makes sorry reading !!
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby hatrick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:38 pm

I have been supporting FGR since April, and have enjoyed most of the matches, with a few exceptions. It is a friendly club, with a good atmosphere and a great crowd of supporters. The ground staff team are excellent.

I think FGR has a good squad of players with commitment and honestly think it is the tactics which are at fault. There is too much overplaying in all areas of the pitch, one of Mark Cooper's stumbling blocks at Swindon. This has resulted in many mistakes and goals for the other side. In most of the matches I have seen, FGR has outplayed the opposition in the second half of the matches - when they do not overplay. Had our first half performances been as good as our second half ones, we would be in the play offs.

Has anyone ever asked him why the team overplays the ball so much?
hatrick
Trainee
Trainee

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 am

Good first post Hatrick.

You have hit the nail on the head for me, the problem us mainly around one family beginning with C.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby tommyd » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

One thing I don't think anyone has asked yet, does cooper actually want to be here? Doesn't like the fans, doesn't rate his players and seemingly thinks he is bigger than the club judging by his behaviour...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby montyc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:32 am

tommyd wrote:One thing I don't think anyone has asked yet, does cooper actually want to be here? Doesn't like the fans, doesn't rate his players and seemingly thinks he is bigger than the club judging by his behaviour...

I think your referring to MC EGO, happy new year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:50 am

Cooper is going nowhere so we need to support the players on the pitch.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am

Phil_mitchell wrote:Cooper is going nowhere so we need to support the players on the pitch.

Exactly. I am no supporter of MC but he will be given the transfer window and time for the new team to get us out of this mess. I disagree with the way he does things but when the players step onto the pitch, whoever they are the fans need to give them their full support.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Green Devil » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:01 pm

On the basis he has the support of DV and taking into account the 10 man second half performance v Wycombe, would it not make sense for MC to curb his passion/anger by sitting in the stands. Scott Lindsay can take control from the dugout. He seems to have a much better rapport with the fans and the players seemed more relaxed. Never seen Manny so scared of getting involved as he was first half. Confidence and support is key.
“Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” (William Pollard)
Green Devil
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Foggy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:19 pm

If, as we are led to believe, the playing staff review tapes of all matches played and analyse them it should not escape their notice that the first and second half were almost polar opposites. If on Saturday we start playing as we did in the first, and not the free-flowing, attacking and attractive football in the second, it will show that some people are incapable of learning from their mistakes. To me, and possibly many others, that is inexcusable.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Previous

Return to FGR First Team