Official News

All about our First Team

Official News

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 pm

I well appreciate that FGR should not encourage rumours about comings & goings. Until transfers have been signed and sealed they remain speculation.

So I am confused about so-say reports that Alex & Jack are returning to their parent clubs and that Dillion has joined, not to mention the future of several other players which have attracted so many column inches.

Do I presume that none of these developments are ratified as yet?
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Official News

Postby The Cumbrian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:29 pm

I think the Iacovitti one is pretty solid . Hope the Fitwater one is false
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Theoperator » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Its on the WBA website that he has returned there, and been tweeted by Fitz too. Really good player, will miss him, unless he needs another spell on loan after Pardew assesses him.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/january ... hawthorns/
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm

i agree with you CG-wait until it is 'confirmed',but 11 minutes earlier you are welcoming dillon Thomas to the club.

are those posts a bit inconsistent , or am i missing the D.Thomas confirmation and being stupid ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:57 pm

When there is silence from the club and credible sources confirming news about our club elsewhere, it breeds speculation. Improvement needed off field as well as on.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 pm

michael wrote:i agree with you CG-wait until it is 'confirmed',but 11 minutes earlier you are welcoming dillon Thomas to the club.

are those posts a bit inconsistent , or am i missing the D.Thomas confirmation and being stupid ?

Who's Dillon Thomas?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:07 pm

I believe he is a goalkeeper well versed in our style of play KS boyo 8-)
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby The Jovial Forester » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
michael wrote:i agree with you CG-wait until it is 'confirmed',but 11 minutes earlier you are welcoming dillon Thomas to the club.

Who's Dillon Thomas?

Wrote the famous radio play Under Shortwood.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Kentstripe wrote:

Who's Dillon Thomas?

No idea.

Dillon Phillips, a young goalkeeper (22) on Charlton's books who has previously been loaned to Cheltenham, seems to be the subject of speculation linking him with a move to FGR.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Seat C32 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm

I remember when a certain footieman used to be the club sec./ MD or what ever post he held, and when negotiations were going on with a new player there wasn't a sniff of name, news etc. until the ink was dry on the players contract with our club. A much better way to conduct business than what seems to go on these days with speculation rife.
Seat C32
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Old Git » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm

I think for the umpteenth time this highlights that the information distribution between between club and fans is at best poor. Despite all the complaining no improvement is made. I suppose like everything else we will just have to gleen what we can from all the rumours and speculation,
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

I don't think communication from the club is great either, but aren't we being a little unfair here...?

I don't think any of this speculation is coming from the club...?

The club appears to be keeping quiet and will hopefully announce things only once they are 'done deals', as with the Whittle signing; is that not the approach that many posters are praising...?
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:42 pm

TBF when Footieman was around on the staff tw(a)tter was in its infancy if even invented, its the social media aspects that drive a lot of the speculation etc.

Im not too upset, let the club do its dealings, some privacy with signings surely is required? theres personal terms and "agents" fees along the way. All the WBA website says is what we knew anyway- Fitz was always a signing till early Jan as laid out by FGR in July 2017

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... oan-switch
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

I took the Dillion post as read Michael as it seemed so black and white. Then I went to search for info on our Website News and found nothing

If the various speculated movements have not been tied up yet then FGR is right not to comment. But as others have pointed out, apparently assertive information is given elsewhere. Hence my confusion and subsequent post
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Old Git » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm

SkunkMan wrote:I don't think communication from the club is great either, but aren't we being a little unfair here...?

I don't think any of this speculation is coming from the club...?

The club appears to be keeping quiet and will hopefully announce things only once they are 'done deals', as with the Whittle signing; is that not the approach that many posters are praising...?

There lies the problem SM. It ir because the club do not communicate until days after the event that the speculation ramps up. If they there are ongoing negotiations or enquiries being made into various incidents then say that and when everything is finalised make a formal statement. I'm certain the club will not agree but I think it is always a case of too little too late.
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

As far as I am aware and can recall the club have always announced a new signing on the day that it happens. It would be pretty unprofessional to announce they are after somebody or they are going to sign somebody before it happens as these things quite often fall at the last hurdle for a number of reasons and then people would be up in arms that the club got their hopes up etc etc.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby blacknwhitestripes » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:11 pm

A story about Jack and Alex returning to their parents clubs is now on the FGR website and social media.

It can be read here: https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... rent-clubs

As with every story the club publishes we wait until the contracts/agreements are all signed and done before any announcements are made. As soon as the club secretary gives us the thumbs up to publish we do so. We aren't in the business of commenting on speculation and rumour as I'm sure fans will appreciate.

It's unfortunate that the news was broken by another club (or a player) before coming from our official channels, however, until any deal is officially done as far as we are concerned - we don't say anything.
Following the black & white stripes of Newcastle United and Forest Green Rovers since the 90's...

FGR have got all modern! Follow the club on twitter @FGRFC_Official or 'like' us on Facebook :D
blacknwhitestripes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Just like to say thanks to Jack and Alex. They both put in some fine performances, often outshining more senior players. Good luck in the future to them both
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Norton Boy wrote:As far as I am aware and can recall the club have always announced a new signing on the day that it happens. It would be pretty unprofessional to announce they are after somebody or they are going to sign somebody before it happens as these things quite often fall at the last hurdle for a number of reasons and then people would be up in arms that the club got their hopes up etc etc.

That's right imo. Why would we want the club to fuel speculation? That would just reduce the likelihood of getting the signing over the line. We want the right signings done in the right way surely.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team