New signings

All about our First Team

Re: New signings

Postby welshrover » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:When will the IN/OUT thread initiate, I wonder? Lots of debate to be had on that one, I think.

Well we more or less know Omar is off - he stated last night - wouldn’t say where - an announcement soon.
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Foggy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Hopefully two further quality centre backs and an experienced keeper will reduce our propensity to leak goals.

I sort of agree with this, but playing like we did in the second half yesterday and restricting the opposition activity anywhere near our box would also make a significant contribution in that respect...if we could play like that for 90 minutes we might start winning games again!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#PutYourSticksOut
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Norton Boy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 pm

I still feel we need another proven striker, i know Grubb is a scoring midfielder but if Doidge gets injured we have nobody that can put in goals at a regular rate.We have been lucky that nobody has seriously targeted him during a game.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:23 am

Two new keepers! That surely is farewell to Sam, he is bound to get a decent conference club, and Bradley Collins. Return to Chelsea for some coaching would be his best course.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... en-1003055

Also says several players told they will not be featured after transfer window. Apart from those two and certainly Evans I would imagine that's Omar & Mullins and maybe James. Shame it hasn't worked out for these guys. Cooper using the shot gun approach, how many players from lower than conference signed, only hit is Wishart.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Jamal Lacoste » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 am

welshrover wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:When will the IN/OUT thread initiate, I wonder? Lots of debate to be had on that one, I think.

Well we more or less know Omar is off - he stated last night - wouldn’t say where - an announcement soon.

Any of the top seven sides in the Conference should be all over him.
63* forever.
Jamal Lacoste
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 am

The Cumbrian wrote:Two new keepers! That surely is farewell to Sam, he is bound to get a decent conference club, and Bradley Collins. Return to Chelsea for some coaching would be his best course.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... en-1003055

Also says several players told they will not be featured after transfer window. Apart from those two and certainly Evans I would imagine that's Omar & Mullins and maybe James. Shame it hasn't worked out for these guys. Cooper using the shot gun approach, how many players from lower than conference signed, only hit is Wishart.

Can't imagine both keepers will come in on loan, only way we'll sign both is if one is on a permanent imo.

On Omar and to a lesser extent Mullings, you could argue that at least their impact/contributions helped us during the latter stages of last seasons promotion, which made their signings worthwile, even if they haven't been able to step up to this level.

I've been disappointed in James, and I doubt Evans will play again after Monday.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am

The Cumbrian wrote:Cooper using the shot gun approach, how many players from lower than conference signed, only hit is Wishart.

Erm, Ethan Pinnock didn't turn out too bad? :lol:

And wasn't Wishart playing for Sutton in the National League when we signed him...?

I am not going to defend the transfer dealings of MC in general though, which I think have generally been average to poor.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Well whatever's happening behind the scenes someone's going to have to get a wiggle on if we are to see any new faces on Saturday. Could see a dramatic debut for Grubb though as straight replacement for CC ........... unless Drissa is a) Fit and b) Off the naughty step !!!
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

We often seem to announce new signings on Thursday's.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Next Tuesday's checkatrade match at Yeovil should have an interesting line-up.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 pm

what is the point of having two reasonable quality goalkeepers )plus SR possibly ) in the squad.?

in times of need surely money/wages better spent on one goalkeeper, and one outfield player ?

if one is injured-can get a loan keeper.

i so want Cooper to do well, but every time his potential decisions perplex me ,and to me appear illogical
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Looks like we're looking at players who can't get into fellow league 2 teams again. Seems pointless and I am completely underwhelmed, the keeper may be okay though.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Let's not forget Michael that this is Glos Live reporting, it is all gossip until pen is put to paper.Maybe SR and BC are going, who knows.Or MC is chasing both in the hope of getting one of them.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Personally lost all faith in Cooper after the disgraceful behaviour from him in the last month.

He has scored an Ungraded from me for this season, diabolical performance, do not understand what Dale sees in him.

Was hoping for some great signings, but now fearing we may be very underwhelmed!!

Cooper has done nothing right so far this season, so cannot see him suddenly becoming a decent manager.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Stoke Sentinel reports we may be signing 'Mad' Gavin Gunning, a defender from Port Vale who is out of contract.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:22 pm

He left Port Vale on the 1st apparently even though they said they wished to keep him.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 pm

SkunkMan wrote:
The Cumbrian wrote:Cooper using the shot gun approach, how many players from lower than conference signed, only hit is Wishart.

Erm, Ethan Pinnock didn't turn out too bad? :lol:

And wasn't Wishart playing for Sutton in the National League when we signed him...?

I am not going to defend the transfer dealings of MC in general though, which I think have generally been average to poor.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of NFR ... definitely don't see Wishart as a hit. Jury out for me still on that one. Dan may be playing further forward in midfield these days, but no where near as big a threat or provider as Frear was.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby The Cumbrian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 pm

OK where are these new faces were were promised by Saturday? If they sign tomorrow, they will have 1 day to train with the squad if at all.

I have a bad feeling about this.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby garyjj » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 am

The Cumbrian wrote:OK where are these new faces were were promised by Saturday? If they sign tomorrow, they will have 1 day to train with the squad if at all.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Calm down. The people signing this week are probably already training with us, just because it's not been released on the website doesn't mean it's not happened. Lots of paperwork needs to be signed before it can be completed.

Heard a few rumours even including Charlie Cooper heading out on loan.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 am

I really hope we don't get the same rotational issues that we had at the start of the season, players coming in and out, no stability, no consistancy etc. Especially if we are buying two keepers.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team