Newport support

All about our First Team

Newport support

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Rallying call for support seems to be working.....lots seem to be travelling by car, train and coach.

First coach sold out, waiting list building for coach number 2.

We took very respectable numbers to Carlisle & Exeter -' lets be 'aving you for the trip to Wales'
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Newport support

Postby whittyfgr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 pm

can see no reason why we should not be taking 400 plus to this game,believe we have 410 seats given to us so let's fill it and make them open up some more of the ground ,.behind the goal as temporary seating I believe.
whittyfgr
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:52 am

Just bought my ticket to game.
If the away end only holds 400+ fans and FGR took nearly 800 to Swindon, I suspect there might be some fans locked out on day.
Or does Newport have any contingency arrangements for a BIG away crowd.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 am

I've tried to buy tickets, but it must be sold out already, as it doesn't seem to work.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby nwrover » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Can we not turn up at the ground and get in?
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby stanman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:45 pm

nwrover wrote:Can we not turn up at the ground and get in?

Yes you can. That is what we are going to do.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whittyfgr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 pm

the bisley stand holds 580 fans I stand corrected just had a look on the ground guide so shoud be plenty,they have a stand behind the goal which holds another 400 so we should be okay,just need the weather to stay nice.
whittyfgr
Reserves
Reserves

Postby kennysarmy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 am

Will be there and hopefully buying on the day
kennysarmy
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:18 pm

kennysarmy wrote:Will be there and hopefully buying on the day

Should be fine.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Its going to be an interesting game. Provided MC isn't poached by Barnsley we go into the game with a relatively stable and strong first team/management that presumably has players with increasing confidence and knowledge of each other.

On the other hand, Newport will be knackered physically and emotionally by their efforts at Tottenham on the huge Wembley pitch.

We must have a chance of back to back wins for the first time in a while.

Looking forward to it
Last edited by Tommo on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm

I'll be buying on the day too, hopefully there are contingency plans in case we bring more then 410.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Wow some very optimistic views on away numbers for Saturday. I thought lucky to get 200 down Newport.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Respect to Newport tonight. Did all right and good support.

Unlike Liam Noble's rabble last night.

I tend to agree with PM. 300 at a push. Not including me, family commitments.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Roger Stone » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Away section of the Bisley stand holds approx 480 with another 600 in the bouncy seats behind the goals so total of 1,080, which Leeds sold out. We put an extra 600 seats in for Spurs but they have since been removed.
Should be able to squeeze you lot into the Bisley. If it’s raining head to the back of the Bisley stand as you’ll get soaked down the front.
Safe trip but hope we don’t see a repeat of the last time you boys came to Dave.
Roger Stone
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Tommo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 am

Got my ticket from FGR Reception this morning just in case. But its going to be wet tomorrow and that will dampen numbers in more ways than one.

Their pitch is presumably a quagmire still and this rain isn't going to help. Pity we have another game on Tuesday given that it will sap a lot of energy on Saturday. Nonetheless, two great opportunities to get away from the relegation zone.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Roger Stone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Tommo wrote:Got my ticket from FGR Reception this morning just in case. But its going to be wet tomorrow and that will dampen numbers in more ways than one.

Their pitch is presumably a quagmire still and this rain isn't going to help. Pity we have another game on Tuesday given that it will sap a lot of energy on Saturday. Nonetheless, two great opportunities to get away from the relegation zone.

The pitch is much improved this season - not Wembley by any means but many worse surfaces in the EFL.
WRU bought Rodney Parade last summer and spent best part of £1m unclogging the drainage system and laying a new Desso type grass pitch 90% grass 10% nylon fibre. Was unrolled off the back of a lorry from Sweden I think where it was grown using the long hours of summer sunshine up in the north. Nylon fibre was already stitched into the carpet base so a new technique as all previous Desso pitches in UK have had the nylon inserted after the grass has grown a few weeks / months a la Wembley. Enables a playing surface to be playable in a much shorter timescale. Our game v Chesterfield was only 10 days after the stuff was laid, so system being closely monitored by Desso and others.
So far pitch is holding up, we still have 2 rugby teams and us using it so it gets 60+ games per season.
As for the game tomorrow we are likely to make some changes from Weds night, maybe formation too. Past few weeks we’ve played 4 at the back but may revert to a 3-5-1 depends who needs a rest, which is probably all of them.
Will go with a narrow 2-1 home win. CTID.
Roger Stone
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks for the info, thought your pitch looked a lot better then last season when you played Spurs and that explains why.

Still never going to be easy with 2 rugby teams playing on it though, so with the weather tomorrow doubt it will be pretty, but we're better suited for a battle now so should be tight.

Looking forward to it, last visit was very enjoyable especially given the result, would be more then happy with a point this time though. Be good to see Pipe again if he's fit, really liked him for us and seems to still be going strong watching him v Spurs.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 pm

How many coaches (buses) have we booked for definite?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Is the stand covered? Forecast for tomorrow is very wet.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi
Silver Surfer wrote:Is the stand covered? Forecast for tomorrow is very wet.

See Roger Stone's post from Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 pm above
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team