Coops linked to Barnsley job

All about our First Team

Re: Coops linked to Barnsley job

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Kentstripe wrote::lol:

Not a chance. I'm too big and ugly for that. As LG seems to be all too aware of.

Looking forward to Newport, whoever our manager is.

All I'm aware of is your white armour and hilarious meltdowns when it comes to your favourite number 15.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:Paper talk on a slow week.

Tomiswalking, looks like it's your turn to have brought on the tears. :lol:

Always got the parking CHAOS to focus on.

Yes, total CHAOS. They're only hyping it because they live just down the A38 from M5. I left at the final whistle on Saturday and was home 20 miles away within an hour. Utter CHAOS.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby chrism » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Hope he stays now he has made some promising signings and things hopefully will be turned around and we can look forward to a better season next year. Wouldn't want further disruption at a critical stage, and if M C goes then I think S L might follow.
chrism
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:55 pm

It looks to me like it's all likely to come together at FGR. Admittedly I've only seen the Cambridge and Coventry games since Xmas but looks good to me.

I could think of nothing more disruptive in February than losing our manager to a Championship Club, which surely is a significant signal that MC is doing something right.

TIW obviously doesn't like Mark, hey Ho. And won't be inviting him and Charlie around to his house for dinner anytime soon. Does anyone really have a concern on that front?

Looking forward to Saturday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm

This doesn't come at a good time for us! Hope it is quickly put to bed so it doesn't cause disruption. If cooper was to go it needed to be weeks ago. as for Scott, I would have thought he would go with mark.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Leaving on the final whistle and home before 6. That's good going LG. Glad to hear you got home so swiftly.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Timb wrote:It looks to me like it's all likely to come together at FGR. Admittedly I've only seen the Cambridge and Coventry games since Xmas but looks good to me.

I could think of nothing more disruptive in February than losing our manager to a Championship Club, which surely is a significant signal that MC is doing something right.

TIW obviously doesn't like Mark, hey Ho. And won't be inviting him and Charlie around to his house for dinner anytime soon. Does anyone really have a concern on that front?

Looking forward to Saturday.

That's a bit of a weird thing to say. I don't rate him as manager for our club at the moment for various specific reasons, also i think he has other strengths as a manager too. This is what most people are able to do, form complex opinions. I don't have a personal relationship or would ever consider inviting a football manager or anyone else at the club around for dinner, im quite a private person.

I don't want him at the club any more, a few others probably agree, unfortunately for me he is not currently on good enough form for the championship. For others that want the stability more than change, this is probably a good thing.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bronco » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Such a fear of 'disruption' when managerial changes usually have a short term positive impact. And anyway is bringing in half a dozen new players and transforming the first eleven in a couple of weeks not 'disruption'? Or is it that changing the team is good disruption but changing the manager is bad disruption?
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby whoisit » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:02 am

No chance he's way down the pecking order .
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Stewjacksam » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 am

Won’t happen - with any job the journos will simply pull a list of seemingly credible names together - lazy journalism!
Whitminster lads following "Non ita parva clava in colle"
Stewjacksam
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:44 am

The Jovial Forester wrote:
Tommo wrote:...the upward curve of the season ...

Bit more gentle than that, more like the pitch when you concrete a driveway so the water drains off all right :D

:)

Hoping the curve increases rather trail off into a drain
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 am

Tommo wrote:
The Jovial Forester wrote:
Tommo wrote:...the upward curve of the season ...

Bit more gentle than that, more like the pitch when you concrete a driveway so the water drains off all right :D

:)

Hoping the curve increases rather trail off into a drain
:D yep COYR
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Thanks, and bye!

Be careful what you wish for.
Recent post on Cheltenham forum reminding other Cheltenham fans that they petitioned to have Mark Yates removed after five good years as manager of club and at end of season they were relegated.

Because MC has been mentioned in connection with Barnsley job it shows the high opinion he is held outside TNL.

Where his detractors get muddled is between his PR and his ability as a coach. I think even MC's best friend would say he is a marmite type character in the Brian Clough style but he has delivered promotion in his first season and FGR play attractive type of game.

MC must work within a budget and despite FGR's 'moneybags' label it is not over-generous. Last summer he failed to attract certain players to club for various reasons. But come mid-season there has been an attitude change with decent players prepared to sign up such as Ossie Osbourne.
It is general consensus that FGR are starting to play winning football and our skirmish with relegation will be consigned to history.

Besides name a better manager who is available?
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Looking at the big picture, if survival is achieved, which is by no means guaranteed, then in 2 seasons in charge MC will have taken the club up a division and then kept it up in it's first season. Which is hardly a disastrous effort.

On paper we also now have the best group of players the club has ever had, including a number of good quality, seasoned pros already signed on for next season, which should definitely mean we have a more solid base to build from next year.

So although things aren't by any means perfect and we still face a tough battle to stay up, I also think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic in both the short and medium term. We have a team that looks well equipped for survival and this season's experience will definitely benefit the club, on and off the pitch going forward imo.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, nothing like a good relegation battle to keep things interesting, just like the good old days. ;)
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm not a pessimist :) just don't like the way he leads. Isn't that okay?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Looking at the big picture, if survival is achieved, which is by no means guaranteed, then in 2 seasons in charge MC will have taken the club up a division and then kept it up in it's first season. Which is hardly a disastrous effort.

On paper we also now have the best group of players the club has ever had, including a number of good quality, seasoned pros already signed on for next season, which should definitely mean we have a more solid base to build from next year.

So although things aren't by any means perfect and we still face a tough battle to stay up, I also think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic in both the short and medium term. We have a team that looks well equipped for survival and this season's experience will definitely benefit the club, on and off the pitch going forward imo.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, nothing like a good relegation battle to keep things interesting, just like the good old days. ;)

Wise words. Agree 100%. Although I do think that MC is a tad fortunate that he has a Chairman with the funds and faith to back him so strongly in the January window.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:27 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:Thanks, and bye!

Be careful what you wish for.
Recent post on Cheltenham forum reminding other Cheltenham fans that they petitioned to have Mark Yates removed after five good years as manager of club and at end of season they were relegated.

Because MC has been mentioned in connection with Barnsley job it shows the high opinion he is held outside TNL.

All it shows is that he's been mentioned in a newspaper story.

Where his detractors get muddled is between his PR and his ability as a coach. I think even MC's best friend would say he is a marmite type character in the Brian Clough style but he has delivered promotion in his first season and FGR play attractive type of game.

I don't see any confusion. Tim Harris came across as a thoroughly decent man but his two spells at FGR speak for themselves. MC tends to be one of those managers who starts well in the league and is good in knockout tournament football.

MC must work within a budget and despite FGR's 'moneybags' label it is not over-generous. Last summer he failed to attract certain players to club for various reasons. But come mid-season there has been an attitude change with decent players prepared to sign up such as Ossie Osbourne.
It is general consensus that FGR are starting to play winning football and our skirmish with relegation will be consigned to history.

Besides name a better manager who is available?

You do realise you can sign managers who aren't free agents?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm

MC is the messiah - i should know, ive followed a few !!!.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:38 pm

Blessed are the (vegan) cheesemakers!
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 am

It's a sign.