Manny and Drissa gone.

All about our First Team

Manny and Drissa gone.

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm

My ITK source tells me with have gone. One to tranmere on loan.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Manny and Drissa gone.

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Manny's the one going to Tranmere on loan apparently.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Drissa was core to our promotion last season. Manny has a huge amount of potential and I will miss him. Best of luck to both of them.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby gooseman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Not surprised.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Manny tended to struggle at this level but Drissa was often the best player on the pitch and a class above the rest. Were others around him able to play at his level?
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby mbroadbent » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 pm

Drissa is / was one of the best players i've seen at FGR. obv some question marks on his potential to play the full 90mins week in week out, but its unbelievable hes not playing each week
mbroadbent
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Foreign Green » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:32 am

mbroadbent wrote:Drissa is / was one of the best players i've seen at FGR. obv some question marks on his potential to play the full 90mins week in week out, but its unbelievable hes not playing each week

No doubt about his skills and potential, but what about his attitude? A football match lasts at least 90 minutes. A true professional must be ready to play 90 minutes at full steam, if he´s fit.

I´ve understood, Drissa was at least once recovering from injuries, when he was playing some of his 60 minute games. But fitness training, getting endurance, is not any rocket science. It requires just time and will. If there weren´t any physical obstacles, a professional sportsman should be in full match fitness in 2-5 weeks.

So the key issue is, why Drissa hasn´t been in 90 minutes match fitness during the whole season? Did he have some injuries or problems, minor or bigger, we didn´t know?

Or was it simply so, that he didn´t have the attitude, a full-time professional should always have?

If so, that can´t be forgiven, not depending on, how skilful or useful the player is on the pitch. It´s not only the issue of himself or his career. It will often have effects to the whole team spirit, poisoning it little by little. That´s why no need to sit even on the bench. A rotten apple case.

Because I don´t know anything about Drissa´s case, I don´t claim, he´s a rotten apple or has a bad attitude. Could be just something else. But many times wondered, why is it so hard for him to get to 90 minutes fitness. Certainly a solid player for this level.
Foreign Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 am

Have witnessed Drissa with KMB together outside of match time - enough said ?.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am

Having lost his mother earlier in the season maybe this has affected him and wasnt he alsi having to look after his younger siblings.No idea if this is a contributing factor but it coud be.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Good 'posting' for Manny. Tranmere had a shocking result last night that puts Macc well clear. He has a positive experience of the play-offs that may come to Tranmere's aid and do him a power of good. Hope so
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:21 am

Who knows what happened to Drissa but he wasn't able to impose himself for any lengthy periods of any game I saw him in this season. The trickery and possession game he played to such great effect at National Conference level just didn't work at League 2 level and he lost the ball when in possession too often. Maybe, as others have said, that was because he never got completely fit and that was caused in part by his sad bereavement. Maybe he wasn't prepared to work hard enough. Maybe he simply had a row with MC. We will never know.

I do wish him all the best though in whatever is next for him since he was a huge part of our greatest ever season (so far).

In Collins and Clements we have a good defensive minded and attack minded (respectively) alternatives to Drissa - better suited to League 2 I suspect. Both have already scored more than Drissa did.

I hope Manny does well at Tranmere and its great he has an opportunity to learn some more. I hope too that he is impressive enough that MC wants him back since he does have, imo, a lot of promise. He has the stature, speed and ball control to go further but needs to improve his concentration or whatever it is that causes the odd error.

We have enough cover now in defense and defensive midfield so I'm just glad he is getting a chance to ply his trade for the rest of the season then see if he can come back in the summer. Maybe he will get to Wembley again with Tranmere.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 pm

If it's not about attitude I'm shocked that drissa has left, he may only be able to play 60 minutes but id say he'd still be very useful off the bench to keep possession. Something that would have been very useful on Saturday. He's not the only player that can't play in every game is he?
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:29 pm

I would have thought 20 mins of Drissa magic is better than none at all so I think he definitely deserved a place on the bench. So he could come on and make an impact when needed.

But maybe he wasn't satisfied with being a sub or he did fall out with MC?

Whatever the reason, it's a shame he's gone.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Hang on a second here, there is no evidence whatsoever that either of them have gone, it's just rumour and conjecture.

As previously stated too, Drissa has had an horrific time of it with his Mother's death and the fact that he is now also looking after his siblings. Perhaps playing football in a different country is not top of his agenda. It's a shame that we don't see him on the pitch at the moment, for whatever reason, but I just hope everything's OK for him. Let's hope his beaming smile returns.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:11 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Hang on a second here, there is no evidence whatsoever that either of them have gone, it's just rumour and conjecture.

Sorry forgot we are not allowed to discuss anything but fact on a football forum are we? :roll:
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 pm

tommyd wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:Hang on a second here, there is no evidence whatsoever that either of them have gone, it's just rumour and conjecture.

Sorry forgot we are not allowed to discuss anything but fact on a football forum are we? :roll:

Of course we can, but it's a bit stupid that people are discussing it as though it were a fact.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

As our American Cousins would say, "Soccer Scuttlebutt".
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 pm

NewForestRover wrote: did [DT] fall out with MC?

Some players can be surprisingly forthright in their honesty.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Has the club said that Drissa has gone ?.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team