Manny and Drissa gone.

All about our First Team

Re: Manny and Drissa gone.

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Good luck to both of them. Both class players.

I would also agree that Dissa Traore is by far the most gifted player yet to play for FGR. But maybe not the most committed to the cause.

Many things have changed at FGR in the time I have been privileged to watch FGR, not least on the playing front.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 am

Agree. Good luck to both of them. I have to agree with Tommo about Drissa. Last season he was a joy to watch, and a hugely influential member of the team. I don't know if he has been struggling with an injury this season, or it's just that in League 2 he is closed down more quickly and doesn't have the time he had last year, but I can't remember a really good performance by him. Manny on the other hand I think has huge (literally) potential. I hope that he gets plenty of game time at Tranmere and comes back to play a major part in the team.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:53 am

Both were key players in one of the biggest achievements in the club's history, so good luck to both.

Manny has potential, but is raw and his speed of thought/decision making under pressure need to improve, currently he is rightly fifth choice. I don't think you could make a case for him to be any higher in the pecking order, so he needs game time to push on again, hopefully he'll get that at Tranmere.

If what Ash says is true, and Drissa is looking for a move back to France, that would possibly explain his performances, as understandably he's had more important things to worry about back home.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Agree totally with you voodoobluesman

GONE means ‘no longer present’ or ‘departed’.

Accordingly this thread is totally misleading, disingenuous and not helpful.

Why don’t you just add a number of other players into the thread?

Can I just say in ‘departing’ nthis post that next season Cooper Snr and Cooper Jer will still be ‘present’ at Forest Green Rovers.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:31 pm

I only have to comment and things happen. :D

Well 50% of things to be honest and truthful.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby Robert+89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Thank god manny has gone
Robert+89
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Why ?

and has he 'gone gone', or just part way 'gone' ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:37 am

Sam Russell, Drissa, KMB and Manny told to train with the youth team and will no longer be involved. That from one of the players direct.

That's up to coops and if he doesn't want them involved that's his right as manager of this football club. Seems to be working ok the last few weeks.

It's all about opinions that's why we love the game.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

Nothing heard about Mullings either. I assume he’s been excluded too?
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:07 am

Such a shame - but MC knows best, and he is paid to take those decisions in the best interests of the club.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 am

And no sign of Whittle either after a couple of brief showings ? Not sure he's the right quality but not seen enough of him to know. Maybe Coops has ??
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby SkunkMan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Now confirmed on official site - Drissa has departed by mutual consent.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby wheely » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Sorry to see Drissa go but wish him all the best for he future. He was a very likable player who had time for the fans.
wheely
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Sorry to see Drissa move on.

Good luck for the future and I hope all the stuff works out all right.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Many thanks to you Drissa and all good wishes for your future. One of a legendary band who will always have a connection with FGR as a member of the EFL promotion squad.

Unfortunately 2017/18 has not worked out for Drissa as we all might have wished. Fitness seems to be a problem as does the physical nature of this league. He has so much skill on the ball and the ability to turn both ways - but sadly this year I will remember him being caught in possession to often and diving for non existent free kicks when danger lurks. He can be so much better than that, but I would not swap any of our midfield current options for him. Sorry.

Contract cancellation is the right course for player and club. As a free agent, I hope that he is able to find a new club quickly.
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby richmond » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes Drissa was magnificent for us last season, and will always be part of our history.

As others have said he was caught out this year, especially by the extra speed of League 2.

So here's wishing him all the very best, and if he is returning too France, that he finds a good team to play for, that nurture his talent's.
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Martin Toms » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 pm

A real shame that Drissa has gone although I think the style of play has changed from last season and the start of this season. The team plays more direct from the back whereas when they played from the back last season Drissa was instrumental and a key figure in that style. Now that the ball is played forwards into the opponents half more before the team tries playing Drissas skills are wasted. I hope he fixes himself up with a new club soon who can utilise his talents and thank him for his efforts in getting the team promoted.
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks to Drissa for his contributions to our club - it has been well documented on here that he has been limited in our L2 season - often caught in possession, closed down too quickly, looking for fouls, and generally not coming-up-to-the-plate. Sad, but inevitable in this case, and we wish him every success in his future - you will always be made very welcome back at TNL. Thank you.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:49 pm

Drissa to Tranmere.

Didn’t see that one coming.
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team