Brad Collins

All about our First Team

Brad Collins

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Well done today Collins. Our goal difference is looking a lot better. One fantastic save today and a clean sheet. Distribution was also good very good. Keep up the good work!
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Re: Brad Collins

Postby michael » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 pm

is a bit inconsistent isn't he-but agree-that save after about 25 minutes was arguably game changing-so every credit to him.

caught some crosses well today as well.

he must feel so much better with the likes of rawson ,gunning and hollis around him when defending set pieces.
confidence breeds confidence ;and those three oooze confidence which must spread throughout the team.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 pm

It's great to see others appreciating him now rather than criticising him.

I'm sure it's made a difference.

He's gained more confidence and has more confidence in his defenders.

He's young, he's learning, he's trying so hard and he's prevented us from losing so many times.

Thank you Brad.
If you make a few mistakes?
Don't worry. We all make mistakes. Just keep on doing your best week after week and continue to save us.

You're brilliant!

:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby NECbowler » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:28 pm

I loved the moment when Hollis (I think) squared up to the aggressors on Brad at a corner, closely followed by others (both centre half’s?). Commented to others it showed the team standing up for their young, talented, keeper. Hard earned respect and not something seen earlier in the season.
NECbowler
Youth
Youth

Postby dursleydog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:59 pm

Had one of those games where he showed the good aspects of his game, rather than the bad.
Excellent clean sheet today, hope he builds on it and gets some consistency going, as can the rest of the defence
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Bronco » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:05 am

Still not a good keeper sadly
Bronco
First Team
First Team

Postby fgrbob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:23 am

Still too quiet
fgrbob
Youth
Youth

Postby tommyd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:34 am

He'll become a very good keeper at one level or another, has all the ability just lacks the experience and confidence that takes time for goalkeepers to achieve.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:07 am

No keeper is perfect at this level, If they were they wouldn't be at this level.

People never criticise strikers for missing 3 chances and scoring 1, but a keeper who makes far more saves then he makes errors and catches far more crosses then he drops/flaps at gets labelled as poor.

Not seen many opposition keepers this season who I'd be desperate to swap Collins for at this point. Already good, with a bit more work potentially excellent.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:49 am

Bronco wrote:Still not a good keeper sadly

Each to their own :) a couple of fans next to me yesterday would agree with you, but then they thought Osbourne had a terrible game too. They had us in hysterics when one of them shouted 'we paid good money to see this!' at 2-0 up.

I think you will see his potential turn into performance now that he has a team in front of him and coaching staff that can concentrate on tactics.

I maybe speaking too soon but I am feeling confident.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 am

Like the rest of the squad, Brad is improving. Of course a keeper's form is always the most obvious in the team

Last week at Morecambe was a step back, but yesterday was 2 steps forward. Did the bread and butter stuff then a stunning equaliser saving black - clean sheet too

Brad is the only keeper we will use (injury permitting) for the rest of the season, so important that we give him unquestioned backing to ensure his confidence stays high
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby montyc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 am

All together a different keeper to earlier in the season, I'm sure having a far better defence in front of him makes a hell of a difference but fair play to him he has improved from a nervous shall I wont I keeper to being far more positive in all aspects of his game.
Well done to him and the coach.
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:43 pm

I suspect a great deal of credit to goalkeeper's improvement plus that of the whole defence must be handed to arrival of Pat Mountain, the new goalkeeping coach.
Apparently Pat was head hunted by FGR because he has family in south Wales and TNL is closer to home than Hull.
From first game he was in post I was utterly impressed with his energy and interaction with other members of the coaching staff.
I can understand why he is very well thought of by clubs in the top two divisions. He brilliantly organises the whole defence on defensive tactics.
And he the first goalkeeping coach in past few years that has actually warmed up with our goalkeepers.
FGR are extremely fortunate to have such a gifted member of coaching staff.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Agree OTC. Just watched the Crawley highlights and was impressed with Brad's saves - he can only benefit and improve with the new coach.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Kentstripe wrote:No keeper is perfect at this level, If they were they wouldn't be at this level.

People never criticise strikers for missing 3 chances and scoring 1, but a keeper who makes far more saves then he makes errors and catches far more crosses then he drops/flaps at gets labelled as poor.

Not seen many opposition keepers this season who I'd be desperate to swap Collins for at this point. Already good, with a bit more work potentially excellent.

Agree totally, he is still very young for a keeper, who do not usually reach their peak until the late twenties...he is on loan from Chelsea after all, he would not be on their books if he was rubbish or did not have a degree of potential. Remember Jonathan Bond, who also did pretty well with us and went on to play fairly regularly for Watford, I expect Brad to achieve something similar.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Martin Toms » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:23 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:I suspect a great deal of credit to goalkeeper's improvement plus that of the whole defence must be handed to arrival of Pat Mountain, the new goalkeeping coach.
Apparently Pat was head hunted by FGR because he has family in south Wales and TNL is closer to home than Hull.
From first game he was in post I was utterly impressed with his energy and interaction with other members of the coaching staff.
I can understand why he is very well thought of by clubs in the top two divisions. He brilliantly organises the whole defence on defensive tactics.
And he the first goalkeeping coach in past few years that has actually warmed up with our goalkeepers.
FGR are extremely fortunate to have such a gifted member of coaching staff.

“first Goalkeeping Coach in past few years that has actually warmed up with our goalkeepers”? I remember Jack Russell/Mike Byrne, Kevin Phillips and Steve Hale doing this, it’s only Glyn Jones who seemed to struggle with this.
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Martin Toms wrote:“first Goalkeeping Coach in past few years that has actually warmed up with our goalkeepers”? I remember Jack Russell/Mike Byrne, Kevin Phillips and Steve Hale doing this, it’s only Glyn Jones who seemed to struggle with this.

I meant warming up by running with goalies not kicking balls at them.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Martin Toms » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Martin Toms wrote:“first Goalkeeping Coach in past few years that has actually warmed up with our goalkeepers”? I remember Jack Russell/Mike Byrne, Kevin Phillips and Steve Hale doing this, it’s only Glyn Jones who seemed to struggle with this.

What does that do? I’m no expert but I would have thought the “kicking balls at them part” would have been the more important aspect of them getting ready for the game LOL
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 am

Martin Toms wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

What does that do? I’m no expert but I would have thought the “kicking balls at them part” would have been the more important aspect of them getting ready for the game LOL

Gosh, don't be argumentative.
Pat appears to be giving our goalkeepers the best preparation for match which includes jogging with them before giving them practice between the sticks. He knows best exercise for a goalkeeper as opposed to a striker and it seems to be working: - first time since Port Vale on 6 Jan that FGR have not conceded.
I repeat I have not seen any coach warming up with goalkeeper for a few years.
I'd hate for FGR to concede a soft goal because the goalkeeper was still cold.
And you seem to have ignored fact that Pat is extremely highly rated at his job.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Martin Toms » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:00 am

I wasn’t being argumentative, I just don’t think him having a jog with the goalies has suddenly improved Brad. From what I’ve seen every goalie has a bit of a jog before they start practicing with a ball, some of the coaches jog with them some don’t, I just don’t think that makes much of a difference, every goalie knows how to jog.

Yes of course Pat has good credentials with the clubs he has been at and I’m sure he is doing a good job but perhaps credit should go to Brad rather than any coach he has worked with as perhaps he has simply improved over the season simply by playing more games, also with him now having better players in front of him, in other words gaining experience at this level.
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team