Drum...

All about our First Team

Drum...

Postby Phil_mitchell » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 pm

South stand base drum has broken and the spare has gone missing. Anyone from the club know anything about where it might be.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Drum...

Postby Football Poets » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:South stand base drum has broken and the spare has gone missing. Anyone from the club know anything about where it might be.

Hi Phi

I've been unable to get to many games with my wife very porly for the past three months.

Speak to Helen. I was using the smaller drum which belongs to the club and which Helen has kept for me in the board room.
As you enter the glass doors of the board room. It's tucked down beside the sofa up againt the stand up coat stand in a Round Black zip up drum bag. There is a soft drum stick/beater in it which belongs to me that I'd hate to lose. Its' the one I took to Wembley.

There was originally another large bass drum that used to sit in the South Stand but that got stolen.I've always looked after my drum and rerturned it to the board room after the match. Whereas the large drum the young guys use ,Jordan et al, always stayed in the South Stand.
Jordan and the guys are used to just leaving the bass drum there after each game. I'd be very concerned if they did that however with the smaller one which is easier for someone to take/steal in the day The head security guard knows me and used to let me in via one of the doors after scanning my ticket as it is too big to go through the turnstile each time..

I hope they can fix the other drum.Do we need to find somewhere to fix it?

Could whoever collects the drum i was using please be rssponsible for it and return it to the Board Room after each game. Thanks Crispin.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Hope your wife's better soon, Crispin and we see/hear you again at TNL.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Hope your wife's better soon, Crispin and we see/hear you again at TNL.

Me too. If we need a whip around to get the drum mended or replaced I would happily donate.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Football Poets » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Can Phil or someone please make Helen aware and I'm sure they will get the drum fixed.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Listening to to Bob is never relaxing but amazing to be able to hear ev'ry match and the FGR fans much more home and away

.How brilliant that we aren't outsung all the time anymore and being told our supprt is ****
FOOTBALL POETS
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby rallyrover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 pm

There should be some beneath the south stand. I think at the back of the stewards area. Not sure how many were used but I donated 5 drums a couple of years ago.
The ones not being used were put beneath the stand at that time.
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.
rallyrover
First Team
First Team

Postby Football Poets » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:35 pm

rallyrover wrote:There should be some beneath the south stand. I think at the back of the stewards area. Not sure how many were used but I donated 5 drums a couple of years ago.
The ones not being used were put beneath the stand at that time.

Hi Rally Rover Phil and everyone...
Have been out of action sadly since Colchester at home due to family illness, but the small drum and I will be back for Saturday

.Not sure if the South Stand bass drum is fixable or fixed yet.? Anyone here know? ?

Gonna check on arrival .Anyone know anyone locally who repairs drums or who has another old bass drum to donate? .
If so please PM me or call 07837 798463 or email crispinctm@gmail.com

cheers COYR
FOOTBALL POETS
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team