FGR green message in Germany sparks lots of interest

For chat about all other topics

FGR green message in Germany sparks lots of interest

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Interesting little video for Germans interested in the vegan diet, sustainability and FGR. (skip the add)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAAD0Dh ... bv&index=3
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: FGR green message in Germany sparks lots of interest

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 pm

That is an excellent promo video for Dale, the team, supporters and the Vegan message to Europe.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Excellent video. Very informative. Enjoyed every second of it.

Thanks for posting.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Watched it tonight and found it to be very informative, and gave FGR a great deal of positive publicity - VOR SPRUNG TECHNIQUE !!!.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Watched it tonight and found it to be very informative, and gave FGR a great deal of positive publicity - VOR SPRUNG TECHNIQUE !!!.

You missed the bloody DURCH out and and it's TECHNIK! Back to night-school G/C. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:57 am

Yes Sir................can i go out to play now?.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:03 am

This is such a good promo - professional, informative and made me feel good. Great camera work and Interesting view from the South over the North stand and the fields & landscape beyond

For Lee Collin's benefit: "... all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth ..."

Now if we could form the green version of Dortmund's 'Yellow Wall' ...
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:03 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Yes Sir................can i go out to play now?.

Nein! Geh und setz dich in die Ecke! :lol:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:30 am

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
GETCARTER wrote:Yes Sir................can i go out to play now?.

Nein! Geh und setz dich in die Ecke! :lol:

Hi F/A, as you appear to understand German, is it possible for you to translate the German comments regarding the video or do you need to go to night school along with GETCARTER :D :D ?
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi John. Managed to get by when working in Germany for a 6 month spell. Since retirement 18 years ago however, I employ a home tutor to help out. It's an app called Google Translate for Mac iPad. :lol:

Pity there wasn't the FGR green message with Spanish sub-titles, as I know Mrs. W is perfectly fluent in that language ... without cribbing ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Do Vice who did the production sponsor Red Star FC in Paris-the other Paris side . ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 pm

I can only get by in pidgeon German - but my tutor has flown off. Must say Sir, your Jackboots really suit you, and i like your new black moustache.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Vice is all part of Rupert Murdock's media empire. Owned I believe in the main by Fox and Coca Cola.

Vice is one of the few media outlets making money by being trendy and pandering to non mainstream viewers readers whilst all the time carrying on with the global machine.

Lentils and all.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:09 pm

To be fair I rarely comment on non football matters but I have to say that was an excellent video and shows the club in a very good light. Well done to those involved in its publication.

Those who wish to scoff (excuse the pun) let them do so.

This is a true statement:
On 3rd February 2011, I went to Dale's office (I recall the date because the only time he and I met in his office) and had a discussion with him which included match day food. I said at the time that the standard of food supplied at football matches, the length and breadth of the country, was very poor and that was the priority first to ensure the standard was improved and kept at a high level. I was honest at the time with him that I thought his plans on the type of food might be a problem but in the long term he has been right. I still think it has impacted on the opportunity to raise non match day revenue because the hospitality areas are not able to cater for some possible functions but one cannot have it all. And over the past 7 years there has been changes from Dale trying differing caterers and menu's. I am sure it will change again because advances will be made again. The type of food on offer now is probably only just scratching the surface of what can be achieved.

The club moves on and I am sure fans will have their say on how those changes will be implemented.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:01 pm

I agree with your "scratching the surface" comment Colin. Em the head chef offers damned good food, as well as Quorn stuff. But the offerings just scratch the surface of what can be offered.

In this global day and age there is no limit to the menu and still stay vegan. Without moving away from traditionally prepared dishes from around the world. Starting in Italy.

No need to offer meat dishes with no meat in them.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:39 pm

I don't see why there has to be this "spreading the message" thing. We all have different beliefs and ways of living. I have my ethics and try to live by them, but I have no need to inflict them on others. Smack a bit of religious zeal to me.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with vegans or FGR being vegan. I was a vegetarian for fifteen years, but I had no desire to try to persuade others to be though.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:14 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:I don't see why there has to be this "spreading the message" thing. We all have different beliefs and ways of living. I have my ethics and try to live by them, but I have no need to inflict them on others. Smack a bit of religious zeal to me.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with vegans or FGR being vegan. I was a vegetarian for fifteen years, but I had no desire to try to persuade others to be though.

I don't think it's a case of 'inflicting beliefs on others', more raising awareness and showing others that there is 'another way'.

FGR do many things differently and most clubs are genuinely interested in hearing about them. In the case of Carlisle and Morecambe, they experimented themselves with vegan food when we played them at their grounds. Several clubs have enquired about our organic fertilisers, the mobot and solar panels on stands.

If some of FGR's ways can contribute in a small way to saving the planet, broadening supporters food habits and educating fans about recycling then it's a message worth spreading. Nothing wrong with a bit of persuasion or even passion when someone feels there is a better way of doing things.

Bottom line, when DV became involved he pledged to save the football club, but also saw it as a way of promoting his beliefs and in this regard he has been successful.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:18 pm

No one will will stop me eating a meat based meal when I want to and no one will stop me eating a vegetarian based meal when I want to.

I doubt I will ever become a vegan and I will desist anyone from forcing that down my throat.

I know what I like and my taste buds at the time will determine what is on my plate.

Whatever it is, one thing for sure is, I will eat it all. I detest waste on a plate.
Last edited by FootieMan on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:57 pm

I really love both sets of food choices - look forward to my lunch at FGR, and my traditional Sunday lunch at home. I appreciate both sides but choose to stay as i am.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:12 pm

Interesting debate. I have changed my eating habits.

Probably because the doctor mentioned it at the same time that the decision to stop selling red meat came out from FGR.

But definitely still like beer. Youngs pub then Shepherd Neame pub tonight. Within 30 seconds of each other.

Life is just so complicated.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to General Chat