Manny and Drissa gone.

All about our First Team

Re: Manny and Drissa gone.

Postby stanman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:22 am

Transcend rivalry wrote:Talk on the grapevine is that we'll be re-naming ourselves Tranmere Green Rovers! The belief is we'll be guaranteed a Wembley win second time around! There's also talk of some meat-free options to be made available to delight our palates! We might be looking to purchase some Llamas who're also surplus to requirements.
Genuinely pleased to see you inching away from the relegation zone and hope you keep "living the dream"!
Talking of dreams, I hope Monthe and Traore give us the opportunity to give you nightmares next season!

Look forward to seeing you again at least a couple of times next year - in the EFL of course, where Tranmere belong and where we are the new boys but have now taken up permanent residence. ;)
It will be another excuse for me to visit my birthplace in the Wirral once again after all these years.
Good luck to you for the run-in, and in the new play-off scheme if you are involved. Don't bother with Wembley this year though, take the simple route!
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:33 am

Transcend rivalry wrote:Talk on the grapevine is that we'll be re-naming ourselves Tranmere Green Rovers! The belief is we'll be guaranteed a Wembley win second time around! There's also talk of some meat-free options to be made available to delight our palates! We might be looking to purchase some Llamas who're also surplus to requirements.
Genuinely pleased to see you inching away from the relegation zone and hope you keep "living the dream"!
Talking of dreams, I hope Monthe and Traore give us the opportunity to give you nightmares next season!

When you get back in the league, and we beat you again, let's swap hemp weaving patterns over a yogurt.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Transcend rivalry » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Sublime idea Tomiswalking. To return the favour, I'll swap keyless car entry techniques over a purloined bottle of White Lightening. You can then retitle yourself Tomisdriving!
Transcend rivalry
Trainee
Trainee

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Nice :D
And good luck to your team. Most if not all here at TNL wish them well. We've enjoyed playing you 'Whites' and really look forward to regular games between the two teams.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Transcend rivalry wrote:Sublime idea Tomiswalking. To return the favour, I'll swap keyless car entry techniques over a purloined bottle of White Lightening. You can then retitle yourself Tomisdriving!

:lol: :lol:
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:51 pm

I remember leaving wembley that day last May, and several different tranmere fans outside and on the train wishing us well and congratulating us. Great people and totally magnanimous in defeat - really hope they go up this year. They deserve it, especially after the dodgy start they had. SWA.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Would be great for Tranmere to come up and join us in the football league.

Not only are they a massive club, I met so many decent Tranmere fans at Wembley when they must have been hurting.

Certainly would want them up rather than a joke outfit like Boreham Wood, or Dover.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Would be great for Tranmere to come up and join us in the football league.

Not only are they a massive club, I met so many decent Tranmere fans at Wembley when they must have been hurting.

Certainly would want them up rather than a joke outfit like Boreham Wood, or Dover.

Agree would be happy to see Tranmere come up, most of their fans very decent after Wembley.

No need for the bbb cr*p about Dover though, we're hardly giants ourselves and don't like it when other clubs do it to us.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Transcend rivalry wrote:Sublime idea Tomiswalking. To return the favour, I'll swap keyless car entry techniques over a purloined bottle of White Lightening. You can then retitle yourself Tomisdriving!

:D Perfect!
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Kentstripe I find Dover are the ones that think they are far bigger than they are in my opinion. Remember a fair few of their fans saying we are much smaller than them and are a tiny club in the last few seasons, despite averaging pretty much double the home fans.

For the size of their town their crowds are poor in my opinion.

I am allowed an opinion you know, just because it does not fit in with yours.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:55 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Kentstripe I find Dover are the ones that think they are far bigger than they are in my opinion. Remember a fair few of their fans saying we are much smaller than them and are a tiny club in the last few seasons, despite averaging pretty much double the home fans.

Each to their own, I've never met a nasty fan of any football club but I'm sure they are out there and we probably have a few of our own. I think it also depends on what you class as nasty.
Last edited by Tomiswalking on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Don't disagree, we have an element, a small element thank god!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:59 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Kentstripe I find Dover are the ones that think they are far bigger than they are in my opinion. Remember a fair few of their fans saying we are much smaller than them and are a tiny club in the last few seasons, despite averaging pretty much double the home fans.

I agree, you're right we are a bigger club then them, our crowds are bigger, we have a better ground and we're in a higher division.

Just don't see the need to call them a joke outfit because of that though. We don't like it when bigger clubs get all bbb on us, so don't you think it's better we don't do the same to smaller clubs, otherwise we're no better then fans of clubs like Lincoln, Grimsby or Cheltenham?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Fair dos.

Joke was probably the wrong word to be fair.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:03 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Fair dos.

Joke was probably the wrong word to be fair.

Mind you, FGR-Ledge, we are Posher than most others. Even Peterborough.:D
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:41 pm

:lol: 8-)
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 am

I agree about Tranmere getting back up. They served their penance in National League with increasing humbleness and it’s time for such a historic and substantial club to get back to League 2.

Wrexham too maybe.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Both Tranmere and Wrexham should be in the EFL.......and i think that Sutton United would also be a more than adequate addition, looking at their facilities, community profile , and immediate catchment area, as well as the monetary backing involved.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Mothy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Many seem to have had a positive experience with the Tranmere fans at Wembley post match. Mine was the same, wish them success. They were generous in their praise for FGR.

Driving down from a similar direction had some bants on the journey to Wembley.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Mothy wrote:Many of us seem to have had a positive experience with the Tranmere fans at Wembley post match. Mine was the same, wish them success. They were generous in their praise for FGR.

I travelled up on the train from London to the away match and then walked to the ground a couple of hours before kick off. Everyone was very welcoming and at the stadium many remarked they hoped to meet us in the final. This was probably because they thought they would beat us, but even after our win at Wembley everyone I met credited us with a deserved win.

Birkenhead is an unusual place but hopefully with promised investment, it will continue to hold its own and have a separate identity to Liverpool.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team