I read Isaac Shaze maybe returning to the club

For chat about all other topics

Re: I read Isaac Shaze maybe returning to the club

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:00 am

Kentstripe wrote:
King George wrote:And Frankie Bennet! Anyone remember him on here? Early 00's

Yep, especially remember him scoring at Hereford in that brilliant second leg when we stunned them 4-1. They thought they were pretty much through how wrong they were.

Is that the one where Hereford had made arrangements for the Trophy final as they assumed that they would beat us?

Wasn't there also an FA Cup game against Bath where we were down to 10 men early on but Frankie Bennet scored a hat trick to send us through to the next round?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:Wasn't there also an FA Cup game against Bath where we were down to 10 men early on but Frankie Bennet scored a hat trick to send us through to the next round?

Yes, we ended up winning 3-1 thanks to his hattrick and 2 penalty saves from the legend Stevie Perrin.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:54 pm

Remember the away semi-final game v Hereford, drove up with Colin Peake and his boy to witness an enjoyable aggregate win.However the scenes after the game when home fans surrounded the FGR coach and goaded,threatened,aimed punches and spat at the players had to be seen to be believed.It was turning very nasty,and as far as i can remember, no home stewards were to be found.In the end, was extremely glad to get away from there in one piece.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Correction to the above - it was Graham Peake and his boy !!. It must have been a case of Twin Peakes........
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:34 pm

The Hereford game is one that will always stand out in the memory. And Frankie Bennett in particular.

If my memory serves me correctly he didn't start in the final, to make way for Tony Daley and a romantic return to Villa Park.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:35 am

Silver Surfer wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:
King George wrote:And Frankie Bennet! Anyone remember him on here? Early 00's

Yep, especially remember him scoring at Hereford in that brilliant second leg when we stunned them 4-1. They thought they were pretty much through how wrong they were.

Is that the one where Hereford had made arrangements for the Trophy final as they assumed that they would beat us?

Wasn't there also an FA Cup game against Bath where we were down to 10 men early on but Frankie Bennet scored a hat trick to send us through to the next round?

My wife and myself stopped at a pub in Harewood End, a favourite pub of ours on the road to Ross after the game.

After a few minutes a mini-bus drew up and a group of Hereford fans came in.

Obviously we couldn’t refrain from telling them we were FGR fans, they told us they had to cancel their booking for the mini-bus to the final.

We felt so sorry for them as you can imagine :lol: :lol:
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to General Chat