Cooper nominated for League Two Manager of the Month

All about our First Team

Cooper nominated for League Two Manager of the Month

Postby FGR_Media » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:07 am

Forest Green Rovers Football Club manager Mark Cooper nominated for League Two Manager of the Month award after an unbeaten February that moved them six points clear of the bottom two.

Read his reaction to the nomination here: http://bit.ly/2FhTkXj
FGR_Media
Youth
Youth

Re: Cooper nominated for League Two Manager of the Month

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 am

Well done to him, the coaching staff and team, 10 points from 4 games was an excellent effort. Second nomination of the season, after being nominated for October. Hopefully he'll also be in the running for March and April's awards too.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 am

Well deserved recognition - I read somewhere we were the 7th most successful league team in England during February.

MC's reaction is laudable: he gives full credit to his team and emphasises the job will not be completed until the end of the season and this requires the maintenance of high standards.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 am

I think credit should also go to Dale for sticking by him when 99% of chairman would have shown him the door and not only that but actually backing him quite heavily in the transfer window.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby richmond » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:51 am

Well deserved, and has answered all us critics in the only way a manager can. Winning, and winning well.
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby RyRover » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 am

I echo the sentiments of every comment here. Fair play to him. The only way you can answer your critics is to win and we're doing just that. If we can pick up at least a point tonight I'll be happy, 3 would be fantastic
Championship or bust
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 pm

RyRover wrote:I echo the sentiments of every comment here. Fair play to him. The only way you can answer your critics is to win and we're doing just that. If we can pick up at least a point tonight I'll be happy, 3 would be fantastic

Here, here!
Fully agree with this and all comments above.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Robert+89 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Yea well done to him. I was very much in the cooper out camp. Intresting what next season will bring if we stay up. I can see a very busy tranfer window again. A lot of dead wood to get rid off
Robert+89
Youth
Youth

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:35 pm

tommyd wrote:I think credit should also go to Dale for sticking by him when 99% of chairman would have shown him the door and not only that but actually backing him quite heavily in the transfer window.

I think this is a very fair and honest point. Football is a business where owners do not traditionally show their managers much loyalty, there is far too much short term thinking.

Dale knew about MC's plans for the January window and showed confidence that his recruits would fill the gaps and the squad would turn around our season. February's fixtures have demonstrated we are now a form team....but standards have to be maintained for the next 2 months.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Even after all this time I am still sat on the fence regarding Cooper. Must admit he is winning me round. One things for certain we and Coops are indeed so lucky to have a patient and very giving chairman. The club is moving forward, not always getting things right but all concerned seem to care.

Very exciting time to be a FGR supporter with a settled mgr and regime.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:00 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Even after all this time I am still sat on the fence regarding Cooper. Must admit he is winning me round. One things for certain we and Coops are indeed so lucky to have a patient and very giving chairman. The club is moving forward, not always getting things right but all concerned seem to care.

Very exciting time to be a FGR supporter with a settled mgr and regime.

Agreed, I'm still not a massive fan of his but that doesn't really matter as long as we're doing alright and we seem to be going in the right direction.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
tommyd wrote:I think credit should also go to Dale for sticking by him when 99% of chairman would have shown him the door and not only that but actually backing him quite heavily in the transfer window.

I think this is a very fair and honest point. Football is a business where owners do not traditionally show their managers much loyalty, there is far too much short term thinking.

Dale knew about MC's plans for the January window and showed confidence that his recruits would fill the gaps and the squad would turn around our season. February's fixtures have demonstrated we are now a form team....but standards have to be maintained for the next 2 months.

Yes, great point Tommyd. Do and MC vindicated but we have to push on from here
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team