Brexit

For chat about all other topics

Re: Honda

Postby Too occasional fan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31 am

But we will get our country back.

And Jacob Rees-Mogg says in fifty years everything will be tickety-boo!
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:03 am

Too occasional fan wrote:But we will get our country back.

And Jacob Rees-Mogg says in fifty years everything will be tickety-boo!

Shame I won't be here to see it :(
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am

Hi
Trust re-moaners to claim this is because of Brexit.

They are losing market share and taking everything back to Japan.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 am

Hmm, not s sure about that. Did you listen to Nick Robinson interviewing this morning? Desperately trying to get a union man and an academic to say it wasn’t Brexit, but they wouldn’t play ball. The academic’s view was that without Brexit Honda were unlikely to dump 30 years of investment in Swindon.

The car industry is having a tough time, but the change in tariffs and access to markets will be a very unwelcome consequence of Brexit putting additional pressure on the industry.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:41 am

Im not into Brexit or remain but not Rees-Mogg. Eton, Investment Bankers and the Rothschilds can only be trusted to look after them selves and their own.
Last edited by Tomiswalking on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:45 am

I am sure those who voted to leave are very proud of themselves for taking away another opportunity ,and losing a decade for our children whist the country re-groups .
when there is no healthcare available for the mainly older and xenophobic voters who voted to leave , i trust they will take their suffering in silence
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am

Sony
Dyson
Panasonic
Lloyds
Unilever
Goldman Sachs
Barclays
Airbus
Flybmi
P&O
HSBC
JP Morgan
UBS
Ford
Hitachi
Toshiba
AXA
Honda
Moneygram
Philips
European Banking Authority
European Medicines Agency
Bank of America

But apparently, it’s got nothing to do with Brexit.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Too occasional fan wrote:Hmm, not s sure about that. Did you listen to Nick Robinson interviewing this morning? Desperately trying to get a union man and an academic to say it wasn’t Brexit, but they wouldn’t play ball. The academic’s view was that without Brexit Honda were unlikely to dump 30 years of investment in Swindon.

The car industry is having a tough time, but the change in tariffs and access to markets will be a very unwelcome consequence of Brexit putting additional pressure on the industry.

I'm sure everyone will have their opinion. I read somewhere that this is not a UK thing and that the trend is now for far-east car manufacturers to relocate back to their part of the world from all over Europe.

But, who knows.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:26 pm

For decades when ever anything went wrong it was blamed on the EU.
Now everything is put down to Brexit.
Both points of view a load of baloney.

Anyway the question of GB leaving the EU has already been decided in the Referendum with over half the votes for Brexit.
I suspect that should there be another Referendum [please No] the outcome would remain the same.

Britain is leaving the EU and everybody should look forward to fantastic new opportunities in the wide world: something this country has done exceptionally well for hundreds of years.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Sony
Dyson
Panasonic
Lloyds
Unilever
Goldman Sachs
Barclays
Airbus
Flybmi
P&O
HSBC
JP Morgan
UBS
Ford
Hitachi
Toshiba
AXA
Honda
Moneygram
Philips
European Banking Authority
European Medicines Agency
Bank of America

But apparently, it’s got nothing to do with Brexit.

Yep, you are quite right. Not all to do with Brexit.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Whatever your view on Brexit, let no-one be in any doubt that the planned departure of this country from the world's largest trade partnership without any certainty about what happens next is weighing against (very heavily in some cases) almost every single decision about whether to invest or continue to invest here. Investment is about confidence and there is none of that about.
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:52 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:For decades when ever anything went wrong it was blamed on the EU.

Anyway the question of GB leaving the EU has already been decided in the Referendum with over half the votes for Brexit.
I suspect that should there be another Referendum [please No] the outcome would remain the same.

Britain is leaving the EU and everybody should look forward to fantastic new opportunities in the wide world: something this country has done exceptionally well for hundreds of years.

It's just a shame that 'Leave' broke the law in their referendum campaign and made scurrilous claims.

Have you moved your investment funds out of the UK OTC? If not, you should follow the example of the Leave leaders.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:49 pm

Too occasional fan wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:For decades when ever anything went wrong it was blamed on the EU.

It's just a shame that 'Leave' broke the law in their referendum campaign and made scurrilous claims.

Have you moved your investment funds out of the UK OTC? If not, you should follow the example of the Leave leaders.

Both sides of the debate were economical with the truth. I did not believe much of what was said but still voted because UK is better out of an EU that is already showing signs of collapsing under its own weight.
I don't expect Brexit to run smoothly on Day 1 nor on Day 2 but thereafter the country will realise how wise this generation was to vote Brexit.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:08 pm

as you say OTC -put in this really bad position by the xenophobic older generation.

only the next fifteen years of recession to get through then -so well done for that.

forgive me if i am not forthcoming in my thanks .

second referendum -if only -i reckon a minimum of 68% would vote to stay if held again .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 pm

michael wrote:I am sure those who voted to leave are very proud of themselves for taking away another opportunity ,and losing a decade for our children whist the country re-groups .
when there is no healthcare available for the mainly older and xenophobic voters who voted to leave , i trust they will take their suffering in silence

....and I wonder who will be the biggest moaners in the long passport control queues at spanish airports in forthcoming summers.
"This is a disgrace, we're British. I never voted for this." (err, yes you did).
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm

1. The EU are not going to give us any concessions. Why should they?
2. There is no majority for the current deal.
3. There is no majority for a "no deal" Brexit.
4. Eventually so many people are going to get fed up that we will get a second vote.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Molly68008 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm trying my best to understand everything about Brexit, but It seems really complicated and confusing to me. But I am slowly learning.
Molly68008
Youth
Youth

Postby Tim13 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Molly68008 wrote:I'm trying my best to understand everything about Brexit, but It seems really complicated and confusing to me. But I am slowly learning.

Just be grateful you’re American. Oh, hang on a minute, you’ve got Trump!
Tim13
First Team
First Team

Postby chopsy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Too occasional fan wrote:

Both sides of the debate were economical with the truth. I did not believe much of what was said but still voted because UK is better out of an EU that is already showing signs of collapsing under its own weight.
I don't expect Brexit to run smoothly on Day 1 nor on Day 2 but thereafter the country will realise how wise this generation was to vote Brexit.

Otc (and greeners or anyone else) why do you think the the country will be better off out of the EU?

Having first hand seen the negative effect the original decision, and the current indecision, is having on business investment, I'd be interested to hear your views?
chopsy
First Team
First Team

Postby Silver Surfer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 pm

Molly68008 wrote:I'm trying my best to understand everything about Brexit, but It seems really complicated and confusing to me. But I am slowly learning.

Molly,
When you have understood it, can you explain it to our government, because they seem clueless.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to General Chat