Oh dear-another loss

Information about the FGR Women’s, Youth and Reserves Teams

Oh dear-another loss

Postby michael » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Another loss on sunday then .
reads like it was the fault of the pitch-.

that given-seems there is still a slight chance of avoiding relegation -if i read the table correctly-if (unlikely ) the ladies can scrape a draw on sunday-the will be ahead of Torquay on goal difference .

It seems there are three poor teams in this league-way below the standard of the other 11 teams and unfortunately FGR are one of them .

really hope they can do it- and stay in the premier league ,and i wish them well

surely then questions must be asked .
There is no doubt a very good reason(s)-but i am sure about 3 years ago -FGR had a strong ladies side-where has it gone wrong (hopefully just a one-off poor season ) .
Now FGR are an EFL side-why are they not attracting better ladies players ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Oh dear-another loss

Postby paulK » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 am

Like you , I wondered what the changes were last summer, but our post got no reply :cry:

Tough ask given the 6-0 drubbing by the opponents last month, but to be fair, the team seem top be improving despite struggling with numbers and injuries.

Anyway, best of luck to them. Would even consider going along to cheer them on but of course, like the Central League, there seems to be a policy of strict secrecy when it come to when and where :(
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:32 am

surely in the west country its not the case that girls/ladies prefer to play rugby than football-so recruitment is tougher ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:06 am

It would be good to announce the fixtures on here. Some support might help.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR women and youth Teams