72 points - Reminder

All about our First Team

72 points - Reminder

Postby FootieMan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:21 am

Didn’t want to ressurect the whole of the original thread but just to remind you that on 28th December this was my prediction.

Using my vast experience (cough) and now that half our fixtures have been played 23 (39 points) my overall view of the second half is it will be harder and my conservative opinion is to gain 33 points making a total of 72 points. Based on recent years that may well leave the club agonisingly one place short of the Play Offs.
END

Even doubting now that this figure of 72 points will be over egging the final haul in a season which promised much more.

Still seeking a further 18 points (30 available) just to reach 72 and quite frankly I don’t know where they are coming from. Lose on Tuesday to Colchester and I suspect the season in the minds of many players will be over. Only those with contracts to earn may be up for a personal fight.

Which is disappointing to say the least. But that is reality.

At this stage I would be “over the moon” to make the Play Offs. What say ye?
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Re: 72 points - Reminder

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am

As you know FM, form is temporary. Plenty of times in the past things have looked hopeless only for us to rally and find a bit of form from somewhere. Remember us winning 6 out of our last 10 under DH in 09-10 to go from relegation certainties to the brink of survival.

We're going to need something similar in all likelihood to reach 72 points from here, whether we can do that or not depends on how motivated the team are and how much confidence has been drained. Keep playing like yesterday and obviously we won't get anywhere near, but play the way we have for the majority of the season and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to get back on track.

Still very tight and most teams from 5th down are very inconsistent. Take one game at a time, all focus needs to be on Tuesday. Back to basics, Shepherd back, a balanced defence, keep things tight and grind out a result. Do that and everything looks brighter.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby montyc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:10 am

Has reality already reached the club, holding this year prices for for 2019/20 Season Tickets. Still I will be taking advantage of this generous offer.
GREEN ARMY, GREEN ARMY
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby candy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Every player must be up for it footieman 72 points more like 73 points=we got to win 5 games draw 1game for
the playoff's good luck Rovers...................................
candy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:00 pm

You are probably right Candy-but pinch yourself, and remind yourself that until three years ago-you were posting-can we get 46 points for 'safety '
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 am

candy wrote:Every player must be up for it footieman 72 points more like 73 points=we got to win 5 games draw 1game for
the playoff's good luck Rovers..............................
michael wrote:You are probably right Candy-but pinch yourself, and remind yourself that until three years ago-you were posting-can we get 46 points for 'safety '

Hi michael how things have changed for the good, no collecting grass for me.The fgr fans put there money
in the Bucket to pay for fgr fund...It's got to be 73 points for playoff's this year.............
candy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: 72 points - Reminder-Reminder

Postby Freddy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Well we are in the playoffs with 73 points and still 2 games to go, with automatics still an outside shot. interesting predictions on this post.
Freddy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Here's the original thread - Footieman won't be far off with his 72 points, but amazingly several FGR fans predicted a higher total. With far less experience than CP, they may end being bang on target.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99662

73 points is a brilliant achievement in our second year of league football. It certainly suggests Dale was right in saying promotion from League Two will be far easier than from the National League. It may not be this year, but I look forward to us being better next season whichever division we are in.

77 points would be very satisfying, 79 would give us a chance of the automatic promotion places if other results go our way.

Two more league fixtures to savour in our quest for promotion. :D
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Sat May 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Well we now know the final score after 46 matches.

My prediction of 72 and 8th place was slightly bettered 74 and 5th place.

Even if we had got 72 we would have scraped the final Play Off place of 7th.

Well done to the players for bettering my prediction.

Did anyone get it spot on Pitchfork?
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sat May 04, 2019 11:20 pm

I know i need to move on ,and the game is full of if ,buts and maybe's; but the pain still remains that had last weeks capitulation not occurred, and hence a stronger winning team out today; despite MKDons winning today,FGR would have clinched 3rd on goal difference .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Sun May 05, 2019 12:54 am

michael wrote:I know i need to move on ,and the game is full of if ,buts and maybe's; but the pain still remains that had last weeks capitulation not occurred, and hence a stronger winning team out today; despite MKDons winning today,FGR would have clinched 3rd on goal difference .

Plenty of ifs and buts all through the season Michael. It wasn't a case of only last week.
Last edited by paulK on Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun May 05, 2019 7:46 am

FootieMan wrote:Well we now know the final score after 46 matches.

My prediction of 72 and 8th place was slightly bettered 74 and 5th place.

Even if we had got 72 we would have scraped the final Play Off place of 7th.

Well done to the players for bettering my prediction.

Did anyone get it spot on Pitchfork?

Yes Fartvs Antiqvvs, our committed supporter, long term forum user and predictor has it spot on with 5th.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun May 05, 2019 11:25 am

A wild guess as one of these at the beginning of the season P/F. :lol:

All in the best possible taste, etc TOTC.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon May 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Well done FA! It was a bold, optimistic choice and its splendid you won.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon May 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Tommo wrote:Well done FA! It was a bold, optimistic choice and its splendid you won.

Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon May 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Are you there Monday to receive your winnings? ( with the false eyelashes of course)
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon May 06, 2019 6:30 pm

When I get my usual S/T seat number tomorrow from "Reception" or "ticket office" sorted P/F ... Yes! ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team