FGR dazzles with world’s first bamboo football kit

All about our First Team

Re: FGR dazzles with world’s first bamboo football kit

Postby Head Honcho » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Just an aside, as someone working with children and young people, they are unanimously in favour of the style of the new kit and the eco-friendly nature of the 50% bamboo. I recognise that the club's support encompasses ages one to one hundred, but the appeal to this demographic is important. Old farts (I include myself in this) love tradition, but the club takes the future supporters seriously (take Pitchfork's marvellous work with the ambassadors as the best example of this). It will be interesting to see the take-up if the shirts are offered free to Year 3 children again this year. I would expect demand to be high.
Whatever develops our future support base (without alienating the vast majority of the current fans) is fine by me.
(By an old fart who is quite tempted by the away kit this year!)
Head Honcho
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NeilC » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Head Honcho wrote:Just an aside, as someone working with children and young people, they are unanimously in favour of the style of the new kit and the eco-friendly nature of the 50% bamboo. I recognise that the club's support encompasses ages one to one hundred, but the appeal to this demographic is important. Old farts (I include myself in this) love tradition, but the club takes the future supporters seriously (take Pitchfork's marvellous work with the ambassadors as the best example of this). It will be interesting to see the take-up if the shirts are offered free to Year 3 children again this year. I would expect demand to be high.
Whatever develops our future support base (without alienating the vast majority of the current fans) is fine by me.
(By an old fart who is quite tempted by the away kit this year!)

As a middle aged ‘nearly old fart!’ There are times on the forum when a like button is needed!
NeilC
Youth
Youth

Postby camel » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:57 am

The kit looks great. It's bold and different in style and fabric.

For those posting above about how proud they are of DV, the club and our media coverage...show the club this by buying the shirt and wearing it with pride. It doesn't matter if you are 1 or 100, you can wear your clubs colours. It will be great to see a sea of green and black in the stands next season.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm

camel wrote:The kit looks great. It's bold and different in style and fabric.

For those posting above about how proud they are of DV, the club and our media coverage...show the club this by buying the shirt and wearing it with pride. It doesn't matter if you are 1 or 100, you can wear your clubs colours. It will be great to see a sea of green and black in the stands next season.

Not everyone can afford the price of a replica shirt. People can be proud without buying one.
Eco-Exile
Reserves
Reserves

Postby gooseman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Well said E-E. Totally agree.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:28 pm

For those of us of a certain age, where a body contoured football shirt is not a good look (these days ),but still wish to display allegiance to Zebra's and Forest Green Zedbra's ,the White Stuff offer an alternative which is also loosely green and black

https://www.whitestuff.com/action/ViewS ... h=&search=

(i have planted extra bamboo in my garden to compensate for my sins -and i actually have learnt a bit about bamboo .That given-allegedly-White Stuff are quite committed to organic cotton/fairtrade cotton so i don't feel too guilty )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm

I'd rather be a Zedbra than a Devil
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm

michael wrote:I'd rather be a Zedbra than a Devil

Hmmm.... there's something to be said for that Cobber.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm

I do think we have missed a trick here, going with black and grey for the away kit rather than black and white and the full zebra. I agree fully with michael, the devil branding does nothing for me but think zebra would be far better.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Maisie_kemp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Maisie and I’m going into my third year at University College London. I’ll be doing my final year research project (dissertation) focused around the attitudes towards meat eating and veganism within your club’s ground. FGR have given me permission to conduct interviews in the first couple of weeks of the new season at the stadium, and I’d be extremely grateful if you could spare 40 minutes for an interview.

If you are interested in participating at some point in the week between 8am - 5pm during August or on the days of the home matches, then please follow this survey link to get more information and sign up:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YQBSNV7

Thank you!
Maisie_kemp
Trainee
Trainee

Postby stanman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm

A little OT regarding this thread - but just to say a young teenage grand-daughter took part in her School Sports Day today, just like at most other schools everywhere.

She is attending Bishop of Llandaff School for her secondary education, in that world capital of Rugby, Cardiff!
She follows FGR and wears her FGR shirt with pride at sporting events. This year, for the first time, she was staggered by the number of people who came up to her (including many teachers) and said "Oh - you're a Forest Green Rovers supporter then"; "FGR are in the Football League now, aren't they?" etc...etc!!

It just goes to show how the FGR word is spreading, eh?

(oh . and she won the 200m !! - it's the shirt wot did it? :lol: ).
I think I'll have to be getting her the Zebra bamboo update on her next visit to the New Lawn!!
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Maisie_kemp wrote:Hi everyone,

My name is Maisie and I’m going into my third year at University College London. I’ll be doing my final year research project (dissertation) focused around the attitudes towards meat eating and veganism within your club’s ground. FGR have given me permission to conduct interviews in the first couple of weeks of the new season at the stadium, and I’d be extremely grateful if you could spare 40 minutes for an interview.

If you are interested in participating at some point in the week between 8am - 5pm during August or on the days of the home matches, then please follow this survey link to get more information and sign up:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YQBSNV7

Thank you!

Masie,
You are treading a well trodden path with FGR Fan's surveys. We have had many request from students such as yourself over the past few years and it is generally the same few guys who help out.
But good luck to you all the same.
I clicked on sign-up page and got impression that you will be spending a week from Aug 12th at TNL hoping, hoping, hoping fans will rush there to spend 40 minutes with you.
I fear you may be disappointed. TNL is off the beaten track. You might get only about half a dozen people all week. You'd be better off conducting the survey on a match day or on a phone.
Having said that I will try to help you out and make trip to TNL using my OAP bus pass.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Coming back to the 'kit'.

I have not been able to see the Zedbra's play yet in their new kit, but never mind how they play, my concern is 'do the socks match the shirt colour ?

appreciating it was all a rushed job last season (didn't they do well ) but the socks ended up a yukky pastel green colour clashing with the shirts.

For this season-are the socks at least the same colour green as the shirts and shorts.
sartorial elegance is the way forward
i cannot sleep easily until i am reassured
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi
They appear to>
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SG89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Anyone received a notification that their new shirt has dispatched?
SG89
Trainee
Trainee

Postby andymac26 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 pm

SG89 wrote:Anyone received a notification that their new shirt has dispatched?

Nope, i haven't yet.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Ant76 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:37 am

Anyone know when these will be delivered? I pre-ordered and we were told we’d have them before the Bristol City game...
Ant76
Youth
Youth

Postby BroughtonPowell » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:44 am

My shirt arrived on Weds - looks really good.

I imagine everyone will be able to don the Zebra chic for the Bristol game.
BroughtonPowell
Trainee
Trainee

Postby NewForestRover » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:58 pm

How can some of the sizes be sold out already?
The season hasn't even started yet!
:x
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I probably won't buy a shirt, I am not massively into them anyway, the few I do have probably fall into the retro category.

However, I really hope the zebra branding is used on other items...I could definitely do with a new scarf and wouldn't mind upgrading my mug from the old one with the badge and hoops.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team