Lloyd James

All about our First Team

Lloyd James

Postby It is now » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:04 pm

My eyesight isn’t what it was but in all the video footage from the training camp I didn’t once see Lloyd James. Did anyone else spy him? Interesting that not mentioned either by MC. He had an excellent first half of the season picking up all the second balls but then just faded away. Do we surmise he may be on the way out ... or maybe injured ... or maybe fallen out with the management?
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Lloyd James

Postby michael » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Unfortunately-i think your observation is correct .

why-i guess we will never know.

Hopefully we are both wrong, but i similarly suspect he is not part of MC's plans(although why not transfer listed like RR if that is the case-i don't know )

i think he is a very good player-somewhat unlucky not to get more starts in second half of season imo; but its the managers call obviously .

I'd love to see him back in the team-and frankly-i think he will be needed.and as far as i can see -he is the only holding/deep midfielder left .

( i don't want to start the debate all over again-but just to point out that i did not see CC in any clippage either-again-he has a years contract left-and as far as i am concerned-another very worthwhile member of the first team squad/team profile listing on official site ; although i anticipate CC is destined for another loan somewhere,so if thats the case-probably not worthwhile taking him to woodbury but surely should be in the squad list regardless )
i do note that whilst LJames is, CC is not in the current squad list-which i find a bit disingenuous to him -as being on contract-he is surely currently as much a member of the first team squad as anyone else ,and then its simply up to the manager to pick his starting 11 and squad for each game.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:08 pm

No sign of Lloyd James on either of the team sheets at Supermarine. Did anyone see him there? Either injured or out of favour?
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby gooseman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Another one of those disappearance acts that is synonymous with Mark Cooper. James has another year on his contract but what totally baffles me is that Charlie Cooper was given another year when he didn't touch a ball for us last season. Not one single mention so far.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:25 pm

With Charlie there must have been some clause in his contract to get another year. No idea how he triggered it as he didn’t play a game last season. At least he is not involved and will probably go out on loan. The Lloyd James one is very odd. A decent but average player at this level and did well in the first half of the season. Can’t see much difference with him and Winnie or Dawson.
Looks like Dawson has replaced him though. The silence is the odd thing why not just say he’s transfer listed and not in the clubs plans? Instead of pretending he no longer exists? We must still be paying him so why is he not training or involved? Does he have a long term injury? I doubt it as that could just be communicated. I hope there is not a serious reason for the total absence of any news like a legal or health problem. It is all very strange. Does anyone follow him on twitter or Instagram or have any idea what’s happened?
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:04 am

Still total silence on Lloyd James. Quickly becoming the Lord Lucan of FGR. Any rumours?
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby BroughtonPowell » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 am

Have to see if he travels with he squad to Yate tonight, imagine they will take majority of the squad.
BroughtonPowell
Trainee
Trainee

Postby michael » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am

I am sure that at his next interview with MC -Ash will ask the question about LJ !
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:52 pm

BroughtonPowell wrote:Have to see if he travels with he squad to Yate tonight, imagine they will take majority of the squad.

Wasn’t in Devon or at Swindon Supermarine so I doubt it. Maybe he will sign for Cheltenham they need a midfielder apparently
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm

michael wrote:I am sure that at his next interview with MC -Ash will ask the question about LJ !

Yes please Ash ask the question
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 pm

lovejoy2 wrote:
michael wrote:I am sure that at his next interview with MC -Ash will ask the question about LJ !

Yes please Ash ask the question

My colleague Paul is at the game tonight, so hopefully this will be raised - I would say LJ is down the pecking order.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:17 pm

We won’t see him in an FGR shirt again.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm

michael wrote:
i think he is a very good player-somewhat unlucky not to get more starts in second half of season imo; but its the managers call obviously .

It is weird that it has all gone silent but he did have a couple of poor games around January/February last year - I think it was the Stevenage game where he couldn't do a thing right even when we were winning. He lost his form for some reason and I wasn't surprised to see him become a bit part player through the back end of the season. However, he had been good in the first half - although he should have got into more scoring positions imo - and I thought that he would play a part in the squad this season as an experienced hand when we need settling down.

MC did say there might be someone leaving - perhaps its him.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:34 pm

We seem to be going for more mobility and pace throughout the team, maybe James doesn't really fit into that?

Good player imo, but we do at least appear to have brought in some good replacements.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:20 pm

I think it’s clear he was t going to me first choice and with the signings we have made MC has obviously planned without him. That’s is fine and a football decision. However does not explain why he has vanished. He is under contact and being paid by the club I assume so why not just transfer list him and let me train. It’s very odd surely a player can be not in your plan without having to disappear of the face of the earth?
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Just seen Lloyd, in training gear,wasn't warming up and is not playing,might be carrying an injury
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Spoke to him. Some vague comment about being nearly fit. Then a silly laugh. Clearly a back story here !!
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:49 am

If he is on his way I hope that we can bring in a creative midfielder. I know that we have Morton but is that enough? Dawson and Winch are not going to be creative enough I don't think and Adams is more the box to box worker I suspect. Is there anyone else creative in midfield? James would have fit into the same mould as Winch and Dawson so I'm not surprised he is likely to go.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:48 am

The LJ situation illustrates how its not always a bed of roses for players, and i am sure that type of conversation is equally difficult for the manager .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Coops clarifified in his Yate post-match. Maybe he is the next "Fabian"?
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team