Season 2019-20

Guess the correct results, scores and attendances for Rovers!

Season 2019-20

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:14 am

PITCHFORK’S COMPETITION
SEASON 2019-20

Hi guys,

First competitive match of season is less than a month away with the visit of Oldham Athletic to TNL on Saturday 3rd August.
Once again I will be running Pitchfork’s Competition.
Entry is £10 but there will be a £10 prize for every month’s best scorer. Hopefully there will be sufficient funds for an end-of-season prize winner plus money for FGR Supporters Club.
And of course the season’s winner’s name will be added to the magnificent Colin Gardner Shield which currently stands proud in FGR Reception area.

Already there are 9 fans who have agreed to compete in this prestigious competition:
Paid in full
£10 … Fartvs
£10 … Tommo
£10 … Kenstripe
£10 ... OTC
£10 ... Pitchfork
£10 ... Greeners [Greener, Do you want me to give your £5 surplus to Supporters Club?]
Partly paid:
£7.50 … Football Poet
£7.50 … John Whiffen
£7.50 … NFR

Thanks to those names above. Support much appreciated.
I will be attending all the PSFs to accept further names and monies.
There will be no cut-off date for joining but obviously forecasts made before monies received will be void [with exception of first game of season].
A few years ago Pitchfork’s Competition had over 40 Predictas playing. It would be great to have same number paying once again.
Easiest method of paying is to put £10 with your User Name in an envelope addressed Pitchfork’s Competition and leave it with FGR Reception.
Thanks

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Rules:

Rules are same as last season with exception of 3 extra points for predicting correct score at end of normal time.

Correct result – 5 points. Zero points if wrong.
Predictas can double that score by use of a Joker should they feel ultra confident of their prediction. Although beware an incorrect Joker forecast incurs a penalty of minus 5 points.

There will be one point for every goal scored by a nominated goal scorer. If someone thinks the game will end goalless then nominate ‘none’ for a point.

I have retained the traditional much loved home attendance forecast figures:
3 points for attendance from 1 to 5
2 points for attendance from 6 to 50
One point for attendance from 51 to 150.

[Amended/corrected]

To save confusion could all forecasts include W, D or L. [That will help with away matches]

Competition includes all 1st team games except the 1st round of Check-a-Trade.

Good luck to everybody who signs up. :)
Last edited by The Old TomCat on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Season 2019-20

Postby Greeners » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi OTC
Yes. pass the £5 over to the supporters club.

Edit

Or pass it to pitchfork if he is charging for the league position comp.
Last edited by Greeners on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Well Done for taking this on again OTC, I know from experience it does take up a lot of time.

I'm willing to run the 'League Position' competition again & donate a prize, if you are happy with that.

Are you going to run the competitions on this forum or the 'First Team Forum' as last year? If it is the latter, I will suggest 'Pichfork's Forum' is deleted - then perhaps we can set one up for 'car sharing' purposes.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Well Done for taking this on again OTC, I know from experience it does take up a lot of time.

I'm willing to run the 'League Position' competition again & donate a prize, if you are happy with that.

Are you going to run the competitions on this forum or the 'First Team Forum' as last year? If it is the latter, I will suggest 'Pichfork's Forum' is deleted - then perhaps we can set one up for 'car sharing' purposes.

Pitch,
I will just concentrate on Pitchfork's Competition and allow others the pleasure of running these alternative competitions.

I entered same message twice on forum 'cause some members only read one link on Board Index.
When the season is underway I will just post updates on the First Team link.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:32 am

OTC count me in £10.00 Candy .....hope to see you at Bristol City match ......Come on everybody let's
have some fun and get more than 40 fans in this competition.
PS my wife wants to play Mrs Candy count her in £10.00
OTC I owe you £20.00 see you soon.....................................
candy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to Pitchfork's Prediction Competition