FGR sign exciting midfielder Ebou Adams

All about our First Team

Re: FGR sign exciting midfielder Ebou Adams

Postby michael » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Is Ebou Adams the holding midfielder we seek ?

I read one of the adjectives used to describe him is 'destructiveness '

its only a word-but that sort of description encourages me.

hopefully he is a weapon of mass destruction and disruption ,and that the FGR coaching does not get him 'overplaying '

initial thoughts from anyone who may have seen him play on saturday
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby richmond » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Liked what I saw at Swindon sm. Good engine, speedy, always trying to pick a pass, destructive, maybe although wait until he is up against the L2 bruisers, and good movement with and without the ball.

Linked well with the experienced Dawson, and seemed to be listening to that support.
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:16 pm

Impressed v Swindon Supermarine. Was spoken to by the ref once for 'over-enthusiasm' in the tackle!
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:26 pm

liking what i read above .

winchester/dawson /adams in midfield ,with Mondal wide midfield sounds good to me-and it seems that Morton is good 'back up as well.

the obvious final midfield position maybe lies between adams and morton, but knowing MC he will play them both and have winchester as sub !!

i know MC has been experimenting with 3 at back and 5 midfield ,but i think when it comes to the real stuff (or after a couple of games/losses) he will revert to 4 at back.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:09 pm

michael wrote:liking what i read above .

winchester/dawson /adams in midfield ,with Mondal wide midfield sounds good to me-and it seems that Morton is good 'back up as well.

the obvious final midfield position maybe lies between adams and morton, but knowing MC he will play them both and have winchester as sub !!

i know MC has been experimenting with 3 at back and 5 midfield ,but i think when it comes to the real stuff (or after a couple of games/losses) he will revert to 4 at back.

We have played 3-5-2, on and off, for the past 3 seasons. So hardly an experiment or anything new to us. With Matt Mills now signed, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing alongside Rawson and McGinley to add some guidance/experience,

Expect us to be fairly flexible though, we have a lot of versatile players.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:17 pm

michael wrote:liking what i read above .

He looks to have changed the system a bit and trying to stick to a 343 system. So only 2 centre midfielders will play. Most likely Winchester and Dawson. But like others I like the look of Adams and would prefer him to one of the other two as he is a big more physical and has more energy.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Given Winch was sent off v Tranmere (however unfairly) - second yellow I think - presumably he is carrying at least 1 game's suspension? Anyone know differently?
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team