FGR announce Hannah Dingley as new head of Academy

Information about the FGR Women’s, Youth and Reserves Teams

FGR announce Hannah Dingley as new head of Academy

Postby FGR_Media » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Forest Green Rovers, recognised by FIFA as the world’s greenest football club, has today confirmed the appointment of Hannah Dingley as its new Academy manager.

In a new era for the club – Hannah is tasked with building on the momentum of its fledgling category 3 academy, developing new first-team talent for the club, and will also spearhead the creation of a new women’s academy too – mirroring the men’s setup at the Gloucestershire League Two club.

"Football typically does the same thing repeatedly and waits for results to change without making changes.  It feels like I’ve got a chance to innovate here and do things differently," - Hannah Dingley.

Read more here: https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/july-2019/ac ... my-manager
FGR_Media
Reserves
Reserves

Re: FGR announce Hannah Dingley as new head of Academy

Postby michael » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Good news .

Appreciating her main current role will be to continue the progression of the U18's (looking good so far this pre- season ) and not because of gender-i also like the stuff about the womens academy being developed .
at long last- a bit of progression/recognition of the womens game at FGR.

On the assumption that Hannah Dingley is the person in the middle front row,who are the others / their roles in the photo ?

i wonder if Mr Barkers position will be affected ?

(FGR media -i hope you don't get told off by the moderators for daring to put this on the first team thread as opposed to the academy thread ,despite its importance !! If SNJ Ash had done similar-he would have been hung,drawn and quartered !!)
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:03 pm

michael wrote:On the assumption that Hannah Dingley is the person in the middle front row,who are the others / their roles in the photo ?

Two are instantly recognisable, back right is Yan Klukowski and front left Kevin Phillips, who was first team goalkeeping coach under JH and DH.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Yan-of course-i forget about his involvement .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:15 pm

An excellent appointment in my view, Hannah wants to do things differently, I can think of few clubs where she will be given a better opportunity to do just that. If we are to be truly sustainable in the player department, the bring them in young and cheap, improve beyond all recognition and sell them to a bigger club, has to be the right approach. Once we develop that reputation, or just build on what we are already achieving, then being a chosen destination for young ambitious players will improve even further.

Yan is a great player for youngsters to learn from, I really hope he makes it as a coach, his goals to games ratio as a midfielder with us is better than many strikers we have had on our books.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:12 pm

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/july-2019/we ... ne-dingley

Well-chosen questions from Noah; Hannah keen to emphasise her values and principles as well as establish clear communication with MC and a route through to first team football for the academy.

Welcome Hannah, may you feel fulfilled by your new post at FGR
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Brilliant appointment and very encouraging for youngsters of both sexes :D
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Heard this earlier on twitter and just now enhanced on BBC football website.

This is ground breaking and an innovative appointment and should not be tucked away here.

Dispose of protocol and put this thread where it belongs on the first team thread. The club have some fantastic publicity and then 'hide it' here, bizarre.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 pm

Forgot to mention Yan, absolute FGR legend so pleased he has returned to support our younger players.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:50 pm

twoguns wrote:Heard this earlier on twitter and just now enhanced on BBC football website.

This is ground breaking and an innovative appointment and should not be tucked away here.

Dispose of protocol and put this thread where it belongs on the first team thread. The club have some fantastic publicity and then 'hide it' here, bizarre.

but the moderators are 'all powerful' and you get one helluva spanking if you dare post in the wrong place .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 am

maybe hypocritical of me as i can't be there myself, but as HD mentions in her interview- would be good if a handful of supporters could get to cirencester on saturday morning to show their support to the team and its new leader .

Cirencester for 11am.
leave at 13.00
Arrive in Salisbury for 2.15 pm.

for those who can-seems like the perfect day out/double header

Aston Villa must be quite a high profile/step up in class friendly for the Academy
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:53 am

michael wrote:
twoguns wrote:Heard this earlier on twitter and just now enhanced on BBC football website.

but the moderators are 'all powerful' and you get one helluva spanking if you dare post in the wrong place .

Moderators get moaned at if something is put in the wrong section, or moaned at if it's moved to the correct section. They just can't win can they michael and twoguns. Why was it HIDDEN here, do you only read the ist team section even though unread threads are highlighted in red.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:03 pm

I do enjoy reading HD's post match analysis/comments.
very intuitive and interesting ,and i love the additional comment such as post the newport win and one of the players going to cirencester :

The boys have got to learn what its like to get beaten around a bit (in mens football ).

love the way thats conveyed -but its true.
very much part of the learning process and preparing for maybe a first team opportunity
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR women and youth Teams