Postby michael » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:44 am

I have minimal pride .

If Mr Power would like to pay me £4000 a week , i will gladly wear it 24/7
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Brown set for huddersfield

Postby man_of_kent » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:17 pm

So was a publicity stunt as i thought. They intentionally broke the rules - this advertising not allowed even in friendly. Hopefully big big fine imposed and all money going to gambling charities to help those with gambling related mental health problems.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:09 pm

man_of_kent wrote:So was a publicity stunt as i thought. They intentionally broke the rules - this advertising not allowed even in friendly. Hopefully big big fine imposed and all money going to gambling charities to help those with gambling related mental health problems.

+1
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Absolutely .

i mean-its not as though another football club would produce an allegedly 'mocking T shirt that says NOKENDO ?

Did that club turn down the inherent publicity ?

Its what businesses do -be it FGR/Ecotricity or Paddy Power.
good luck to all of them i say ?

do FGR turn down sponsorship money from SkyBet ,or donate that to charity/sustainability ?

the moral high ground appears important to you.

If PP do donate any 'shirt income' and donate it to charity,who wins your moral high ground battle-PPower by donating proceeds to charity-or FGR who donate funds raised to another football club/ corporate business (admittedly via an intermediary-supporters fund-but use to assist the running of a business which could have been trading whilst insolvent and hence illegally at the time ?.

do we just have to be a bit more consistent ,and careful in our criticisms ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:40 pm

For me initially just rule adherence. The fine to the fa should just go to the appropriate cause (any related income for pp they may wish to also donate.... so happens for further publicity ) . Im sure fifa donate any fines imposed due to racism for example to an appropraite body (rather than making money from it!!!!)
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team