FGR Ambassadors 2019-20

For Information about the Ambassador's program.

FGR Ambassadors 2019-20

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:39 pm

I have started to recruit ambassadors for next season. This is a long process involving communications with over 80 schools.

If you know of a Primary or Secondary School pupil who may be interested, but their school has not had an ambassador this season please let me know.

This is the current list;

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=90922&p=1280432#p1280432

All our 2018-19 ambassadors will complete their year as the season ends in May. They will have recorded all the activities they have completed to promote FGR since their schools appointed them. I shall be writing to their schools in March & April to see if they wish to have an ambassador again for next season. Although parents can suggest names, it is the school that must choose the ambassador.

The target for the end of the school year (July) is 50 schools, 70 ambassadors. Schools are allowed to appoint two ambassadors if they are a boy & a girl.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: FGR Ambassadors 2019-20

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Here is our full list of ambassadors for 2019-20

All the following have been appointed by the schools, several just need to complete paperwork

PRIMARY - 69

Abbeymead- Charlie S
Alexander Hosea - Layla-Rose
Amberley - Sam
Avening - Olivia
Avening - Jordon
Berkeley - Alfie Y
Bisley - George
Bisley - Alice
Bluecoat, Wotton - Roo
Brimscombe Jimmy
Brimscombe Georgina
British, Wotton - Ebony
Bussage - Leo
Bussage - Hannah Z
Cam Everlands William T
Cam Everlands Mia reg req.
Cashes Green - Effie
Chalford Hill - Harvey N .
Christchurch - Nico
Christchurch - Toby S
Coopers Edge - Ben L
Crossways - Jackson
Dinglewell - Toby H
Dursley???
Eastington - Toby S
Eastcombe - Alfie A
Foxmoor - Matthias
Gastrells - Bonnie
Gastrells - Iffan
Gracefields - Elliot
Haresfield - Leo B
Hatherop - Saffron - reg req
Heron - Emma M
Heron Tom M
Horsley - Phoebe
Horsley - Archie
Kemble - Matilda
Kings Stanley Ollie
Kings Stanley - Poppy
Kingswood - Kit
Leighterton -Troy
Leighterton - Ruby
Leonard Stanley - Henry
Longney - Charlie S
Minchinhampton - Alfie A
Nailsworth - Piers
Nailsworth - Chloe
North Nibley - Max
Park Junior - Ollie S - reg req
Park Junior - Taiya
Randwick - Ben B
Rodborough - Millie
Rodborough - Jack D
Rodmarton - Lily H
Rodmarton - Henry N
St. Josephs, Nympsfield - Isabelle
St Josephs, Nympsfield - Kobe
St. Mary’s, Malton - Lucy N
St. Mary's, Tetbury - Jacob
St Matthews Oliver
St. Matthews Jasmine
Stroud Valley - William B
Thrupp - Martha N
Thrupp - Morgan
Uley - Henry G
Uplands - Abbie
Uplands Jasper
Woodchester - Lucy C
Woodchester - Charlie B
Yorkley - Ben H

SECONDARY - 22

Alderman Knight - Harry
Archway - Dylan
Beaudesert-William DP
Berkeley Green - Charlie S
Churchdown - Cam
Crypt - Bridget
Deer Park - Sebastian
Evesham College - Evan
Home School - Jacob T
KLB Nathanael
KLB Fearne
Maidenhill William D
Marling - Wilf D
Marling Editor of Green Devil - Tyler
National Star College - Frazer
Pates - Brendan
Rednock - Evie
Rednock - Jaden C - reg req
Ribston Hall - Toni-Ann - reg req
SHS - Ella
Sir William Romney - Theo
Sir William Romney - Nell
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:30 pm

A busy 2 weeks when numbers of ambassadors have doubled to 20, almost all from Primaries.

Many other schools have begun a recruitment process, trying to ensure the most enthusiastic pupils are chosen to be an advocate for FGR.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Recruitment has doubled again in the last month - we now have approaching 40 ambassadors signed up for 2019-20

Schools who are listed above, but with no attached name, have promised me they will appoint in the next few weeks.

If you know of other schools ( or parents of FGR fans at those schools) who may be interested, please either send me a message or leave a reply below.

We are ahead of numbers registered at this time last year, but there is still a lot of chasing to go on if we are to reach the target of 50 schools/70 ambassadors.

The next 'Green Devil' has been compiled thanks to the work of Jono & Tyler Watson. It will be available at the ground at the Exeter fixture and distributed to over 60 schools thanks to our ambassador postmen.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Wed May 15, 2019 9:38 am

As the season ends we have managed to sign up 70+ ambassadors from over 50 schools. Thank you to many of our current ambassadors for kick starting the process in their schools.

I will be continuing to chase schools and recruit until the end of May so I am optimistic we will hit an all time record of over 80 ambassadors for next season. Of course it isn't primarily about numbers, but the commitment of each individual ambassador to promote the club and its values in their schools and local communities.

The full updated list is above
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:54 pm

I have completed my school chasing for another year - we have approaching 80 ambassadors appointed and have a meeting for all new appointees on the 2nd July.

If anyone knows a keen FGR fan between the ages of 8 and 18 & they attend a school not listed above, then I will approach the school/family and see if they want to join our ambassador 2019-20 cohort.

Please send me a message or mention the school on this thread.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:42 pm

Final Total - 82, a record number...10 times those recruited 8 years ago when the ambassador scheme began. Numbers have grown every year as has the geographical spread of schools. Our catchment area now includes several secondary schools in Gloucester, primary schools in the Bristol area and of course our Yorkshire fan, Lucy Naylor from Malton

All ambassadors and their families will be meeting on Tuesday evening at The New Lawn; they will be briefed on our expectations and most importantly what I hope they will learn and enjoy by being an advocate for Forest Green.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am

Pitchfork wrote:Final Total - 82, a record number...10 times those recruited 8 years ago when the ambassador scheme began. Numbers have grown every year as has the geographical spread of schools. Our catchment area now includes several secondary schools in Gloucester, primary schools in the Bristol area and of course our Yorkshire fan, Lucy Naylor from Malton

All ambassadors and their families will be meeting on Tuesday evening at The New Lawn; they will be briefed on our expectations and most importantly what I hope they will learn and enjoy by being an advocate for Forest Green.

Excellent, well done!
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:23 am

Pitchfork wrote:Final Total - 82, a record number...10 times those recruited 8 years ago when the ambassador scheme began. Numbers have grown every year as has the geographical spread of schools. Our catchment area now includes several secondary schools in Gloucester, primary schools in the Bristol area and of course our Yorkshire fan, Lucy Naylor from Malton

Greta work Pitchfork. Looking forward to the match reports :D
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:04 pm

paulK wrote:
Greta work Pitchfork. Looking forward to the match reports :D

Cheers guys, particularly flattered to be placed in the same sentence as the awesome Greta! ;) Wish I could have the same impact!

Ambassadors now number a staggering 90, I managed to recruit another 8 before the schools broke up for the summer.

I look forward to working with them all...and yes PaulK, match reports will once again be one of their responsibilities.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to Ambassadors Forum