Club Shop Shambles

For chat about all other topics

Club Shop Shambles

Postby dursleydog » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Given up on the usual channels so I’m hoping a rant on here might catch the club shop’s attention, absolutely fed up to the back teeth of the awful and lazy service.

So what’s happened? We first have to go all the way back to late May, where I ordered one of the final shirts of last season’s away kit, a very nice kit I thought and I can’t really afford to buy newbies so I took the opportunity to pick it up at a good price. Here’s where I made my mistake. I normally wear a Large as I’m 6 foot 1, pretty broad shouldered and being brutally honest could do with losing a stone, so I ordered a Large. I didn’t spot that these limited edition kits were actually an ‘athlete fit’ (basically slim fit) so I should’ve ordered an XL, my bad. Sure enough when the kit arrived it was very snug around the chest and shoulders and so I emailed the Club Shop asking if it was possible to exchange for an XL, and if not, am I allowed a refund.

I want to make it clear at this point if they had just said no at this point I would’ve understood. It was a limited edition end of season clearout so spare stock was short on the ground, and given the error was 100% mine they didn’t necessarily have to give me a refund. However, they emailed back fairly promptly saying yes! We have an XL! Just send back the one we sent you with receipt and we’ll send it out to you. Brilliant I thought, couldn’t be better. So I packaged up my shirt and receipt and sent it back on the 29th May and eagerly awaited my kit.

A full month of waiting went by, with no kit, no emails, nothing. I left it for a while as I was in the middle of a house move and had bigger fish to fry. I eventually emailed them with all my details enquiring about what had happened, assuming it had maybe got lost in the shuffle, and also to inform them to post it to my new address.

No reply.

Emailed them again a week later to chase up.

No reply.

Eventually I got a reply on the 11th July (1st email in all this mess was 24th May for reference) apologising and offering a brand new kit if the XL of last season’s kit couldn’t be found, a very kind offer which I took up (although I’d still prefer last season’s if possible) and I thought great, finally getting sorted.

As of today (4th August) I have chased up a further 2 times via email for any sort of update and received no reply, no shirt, and no refund. I have been waiting a month and a half. I returned my shirt to them at my own cost in the expectation of the exchange I had been promised and I can’t even get the dignity of a reply let alone my money back. The most frustrating aspect has been on the very rare occasion I get a reply the person replying has been generous and helpful, yet none of them seem to be talking to each other or checking any emails! I don’t know how they organise their returns policy, but from my end it’s a complete mess somehow producing awful customer service from a team of staff trying their best. I think I’ve been more than patient, given they’ve had my money for pushing 2 months now and I have nothing to show for it, but I can’t go into batemans or the club in person as I live in Cornwall, and obviously email communication doesn’t work, so I’m resorting to a rant on here. I don’t know if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Club shop. Please send me something :cry: away kit, 3rd kit, last season’s, this season’s, anything. And if you can’t just get on and tell me so I can get my money back :roll:
dursleydog
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Club Shop Shambles

Postby twoguns » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:08 pm

I think it's called Karma.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:29 pm

twoguns wrote:I think it's called Karma.

For what exactly? Listening to the info the club shop gave me?
dursleydog
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SnowLeopard_1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:09 pm

2 months eh? My thinking is you could have kept the original and walked off that 'excess stone' by now! :D
SnowLeopard_1
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Charlie5football » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Contact DV on his FB page if you have it, if the Indians cannot sort it out go to the Chief. Hope you manage to get something sorted.
Charlie5football
Reserves
Reserves

Postby dursleydog » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 am

SnowLeopard_1 wrote:2 months eh? My thinking is you could have kept the original and walked off that 'excess stone' by now! :D

Wish I had! If they’d just told me originally they can’t return it and can’t refund it I’d have kept it. I’m trying to lose a bit anyway (lost 2/3 pounds last few months). It’s the fact they told me to send it and then haven’t acted on it
dursleydog
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:09 am

Except, it may well have been covered by Distance Selling Regulations, in which case you probably did have the right to return for a refund. Worth checking.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:48 pm

I see it was announced on FB earlier that nearly all the sizes in home, away and blue shirts are sold out and they have been re-ordered.

Does this mean that those of us still waiting for ours to be delivered will have to wait until new supplies come in?

Surely if we were able to order online and payment was taken, the shirt paid for should have been available? If so, why is it taking so long to send them out.

Hopefully somebody will read this thread who is able to answer our questions.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Sold in 16 Countries so far so proving very popular.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Are we taking orders and payment before the shirts have been made?
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby dursleydog » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Update, after another slightly angrier email I eventually got a resolution today. They are unable to supply a replacement shirt so they’ve given me a full refund and a £15 discount voucher. Yet again, the response has been very kind and thoughtful, and the discount voucher is generous. The staff there clearly care, but the organisation is a mess. Glad it’s finally been resolved.
I just wish I actually liked this season’s kit enough to use the voucher!
dursleydog
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Simba » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi Dursleydog,

Really sorry you've had such a bad experience with this, hopefully there will be an FGR kit you like in the future.

Eco-Exile and NewForestRover,

There has been a large volume of orders for our new kit and it has proven very difficult to get these out within a timescale most people would expect, even accounting for that it has taken longer than we would like for certain orders.

I can assure you we have not sold any shirts that do not yet exist. If you have bought a shirt online, you won't have to wait for the re-order of stock.
Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.

FGR and Ecotricity Web Designer
Simba
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Thank you for answering my questions Simba.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SG89 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 pm

This thread caught my attention.

I’ve messaged the club before about the likelihood of the club releasing additional PlayerLayer training merchandise as I don’t tend to wear replica shirts.

I find it frustrating that I’m keen to give the club my money for this type of premium apparel & yet 3/4 years has passed with out this type of merchandise being made available to the general public (Either when the kit supplier was Puma or PL).

For a league two club it seems bizarre not to cash in on this revenue stream, instead the online club shop will sell you green sunglasses & no ken do t-shirts which aren’t particularly relevant to your average football fan.

My two cents
SG89
Trainee
Trainee

Return to General Chat