John Light's rallying call to 'docile' Forest Green fans

All about our First Team

Re: John Light's rallying call to 'docile' Forest Green fans

Postby Tj1889 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:54 pm

The truth is that we can be a bit quiet at home games. That doesn’t mean that we don’t care. I know that everyone there has sacrificed time and money to support the team.
However, I know MC has talked quite a lot about the difference a noisy home crowd can make to the players. I agree. And, in my option, (short of letting me pull on a shirt and play on the right wing) shouting and chanting is the only thing I can do to help the team during a game. So, personally, I’m up for doing more.
One very important point though is that someone needs to lead the chants. The lad with the drum makes a big difference, but only bangs the thing once or twice a game. Every time he does, the crowd responds. Let’s hear it more!
Whilst generating an atmosphere is not a single person’s responsibility, I think it would help immensely if we had a few people leading the charge.
Tj1889
Trainee
Trainee

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:06 pm

People go to football for different reasons. I go because I like football and FGR are my local club. Whether or not people are making a noise is largely irrelevant to me.

As for the column; Light by name and light by nature really. I’m not particularly interested in his opinion, just as I’m not interested what a Swindon fan thinks. I’d rather read a match report from one of the regular contributors on this forum.

Why do some get so hung up on these things?
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Does John Light go into the South Stand?

If so, how vocal is he?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:03 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Does John Light go into the South Stand?

If so, how vocal is he?

Indeed. Does he lead by example I wonder?
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team