The Womens team

Information about the FGR Women’s, Youth and Reserves Teams

Re: The Womens team

Postby Silver Surfer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Well done for keeping the ladies in view. Where is the match? What time?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 am

its at 2pm sunday.

i have no idea as club say nothing these days re ladies team-but do they still play at slimbridge ?

i am no great follower of the ladies team-in fact-never yet been to a game, but that does not mean i am not interested, and i just think they should be much higher profile,and i guess on a bit of a one man crusade to create a bit of interest

as i follow fgr-i follow all of their teams,and as ladies football is such a growth area, remain absolutely stupified that fgr do not (on the surface ) promote it more.
as much as anything-for me it does not follow the clubs proclaimed no discrimination/equality model which i find annoying/hypocritical,and the fact that in the summer the club was going to 'publish' more about the ladies team, when in fact we hear less (actually nothing ).
previously we got on the official site a post match report from the manager.
now it is nothing whatsoever.

then whilst it was not her 'day job' -hannah digby was going to take a bit of an overview apparently-again-nothing.

just all a bit disappointing

i genuinely thought the club/girls had just given up on it completely and there was no team at all this season.

i hate whingers so i in turn am being a bit hypocritical here ,and i guess where on the first team thread many get upset over the matchday expereince and that fgr do not offer every spectator a personal valet to fetch their coffee,heated toilet seats and a concert by Beyonce for half time entertainment, i in turn get a bit excited over the fact that fgr are so so far behind when it comes to basic promotion of the ladies game
Last edited by michael on Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:41 am

In other clubs, such as Arsenal who have a successful women's team. Does anyone know if they are funded by the club/chair in the same way as the men's team?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:19 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:In other clubs, such as Arsenal who have a successful women's team. Does anyone know if they are funded by the club/chair in the same way as the men's team?

I believe they are funded by the club, yes. Man City are another who have invested fairly heavily on their women's team.

Bit easier to justify given the enormous profits they make possibly, but cannot see why FGR can't at least publish the women's teams fixtures. And maybe get someone from within the set up or a keen volunteer to report on them occasionally. If they have zero promotion/marketing then it will be very hard for them to attract any interest or sponsorship and therefore make any progress.

Most FGR fans probably don't even know we have a women's team.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm

i guess i just compare it with the likes of yeovil ladies/lewes ladies/cheltenham ladies and keynsham ladies who are all much higher profile ladies teams than fgr .

you have to start somewhere , and there seems to have been a bit of a set/back/re-set two years ago -but you could hardly make a case for fgr actually having re-started .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:21 am

Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:36 am

m
Last edited by michael on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:44 am

michael wrote:last year i was able to 'defend' the club when criticised by others for not publishing the fixtures, by confirming that the club published the next fixture in the last match report .

this season- i appreciate its only one game old -we don't get the score-let alone a match report.

i think its all part of the master plan though-get everyone increasingly frustrated -and then shortly there will be a massive re-launch and the euphoria will be so intense that we will lose consciousness.

my life is now complete-albeit i remain conscious

Its a start-and really good that the team will play in Nailsworth.

(i wonder how much additional promotion of that there will be apart from the statement today ? )

personally i liked the name forest green rovers feminino's to give them a european context but women will do for now .

hope the women can 'celebrate 'with a win tomorrow
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 pm

It’s great that the women finally get onto the website with a big news post. I know this has been in the pipeline for a while and now it’s there. Great. Please keep up the flow of news.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:21 pm

michael wrote:
michael wrote:last year i was able to 'defend' the club when criticised by others for not publishing the fixtures, by confirming that the club published the next fixture in the last match report .

this season- i appreciate its only one game old -we don't get the score-let alone a match report.

i think its all part of the master plan though-get everyone increasingly frustrated -and then shortly there will be a massive re-launch and the euphoria will be so intense that we will lose consciousness.

(i wonder how much additional promotion of that there will be apart from the statement today ? )

They were going to get the full media team treatment today until unfortunately the weather intervened and the match was called off.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:38 am

voodoobluesman wrote:In other clubs, such as Arsenal who have a successful women's team. Does anyone know if they are funded by the club/chair in the same way as the men's team?

That is correct. Most of the best women’s teams are funded by the owner of the whole club. For Arsenal, I imagine the wage bill and costs for the women’s team for one year would be equivalent for one week of the men. It really is a much cheaper way of getting success. Lyon have been the best funded team for years and were the first to share training ground and physio with the men’s team (others are now doing this) and it is no surprise they win the Champions League most years.
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 am

michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:04 am

One of this year's ambassadors covered their match away at SWINDON. The team were so grateful they had a photograph with her after the game.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:27 pm

Why no more news of the women’s team on the main web site?

I know we got thrashed (7-2) but still.....
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 pm

stroud green wrote:
michael wrote:

They were going to get the full media team treatment today until unfortunately the weather intervened and the match was called off.

that was a pity-well intended i am sure .
-may be at the next home game v swindon on sunday ?

that given-as Tommo posts above it seems that 'normal (non ) service ' has returned whereby this season we do not even get match reports on the ladies team.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Visibility is important if the womens team are to attract interest/sponsorship, surely they need a bit more of an online presence? As above there has been zero mention of any of their matches so far this season on any of the club's media channels, other then that one press release.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:24 pm

One of my Ambassadors has written an article for the next edition of 'the Green Devil'. The publication is aimed mainly at schools, but there will be 100 copies at the gate and I will put some in The Gym Bar, The Green Man & B&W & CE.

This keen ambassador who attends Kemble School watched last week's match at FGR Women's Team @ Swindon and intends writing reports for the ambassadors section of the forum. I hope there will be some interest in reading them.

The girls' team were so chuffed they included Matilda in their team photograph before the game.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

michael presses like and well done button
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR women and youth Teams